GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

Also there were no other tyre tracks i believe, and the blanket was scattered to simulate a struggle?. Could it be that she did not abandon the car maybe an accomplice did?.. And she was waiting elsewhere..:waitasec:

It looks to me like either way, abduction or fled, the vehicle was a set up

Has anyone heard anything back about the body found near Prentiss, MS on Monday? I believe it was being taken to Jackson for an autopsy.

I am from Prentiss. It was a 36 year old man that was shot in the head. It was ruled a homicide. Prentiss is not the best place to live (my dad still lives there.) There are murders every month it seems. And it is a little town, maybe 1200. Lots of drugs.

Yes, I had thought about another man too maybe, with all of her marriages. But that can't be all of it because there is something fishy about all of this.

She just looks like a grandma to me!!!

Haven't had a chance to comment in the last or two. Again, I am from Copiah county. Most things I hear is only hear-say. A couple of weeks ago, someone told me that she had been in trouble for embezzling before. I do not believe everything I hear. Now, this has come up! The other "hear-say" I have heard is that Linda Reeds husband makes dentures! Could the 2 of them be in on it together?

That's what I got from it. Maybe Moore isn't a very good bookkeeper himself... but I think that two weeks is way too quick for a) an owner who does not do the books to discover discrepancies and b) for the IRS to be involved. I would guess that the IRS was there before she disappeared and he wants to blame her for any bookkeeping issues.

He also mentioned that the other businesses included his "Cousins" and friends. I would be very suspicious of a network of businesses all loyal to Shannon. Wasn't a white truck, common to the business, witnessed as parked up against the trailer that night?

Well with more and more of her background and lifestyle becoming known she would be the perfect scapegoat IMO..

Haven't had a chance to comment in the last or two. Again, I am from Copiah county. Most things I hear is only hear-say. A couple of weeks ago, someone told me that she had been in trouble for embezzling before. I do not believe everything I hear. Now, this has come up! The other "hear-say" I have heard is that Linda Reeds husband makes dentures! Could the 2 of them be in on it together?

I have been wondering about her husband. Has he even said a word, as in, reported by the media?

I have been wondering about her husband. Has he even said a word, as in, reported by the media?
I remember reading somewhere, when he had some words to say, but not sure where or what he said.

I remember reading somewhere, when he had some words to say, but not sure where or what he said.

Seems he's been very quiet for one whose wife has vanished. But since they didn't spend much time together, maybe they didn't have much of a marriage? Idk, just thinking out loud. I would bet that LE is keeping tabs on him though.

I don't have enough information to have an opinion on this case, but I can tell you there was a time when I had some things on consignment with a woman who promised to pay me for items sold at a certain time on a specific day. (I had worked with her previously and she had always paid promptly) My clue was when I originally called to ask her where to meet, I got her young son who had told me that his mother was out "looking for boxes." I went to the agreed upon place (a public location) but she never showed up. I sleuthed down her address two days later, her landlord said she had moved, no forwarding address. I sluethed down her place of business the next day, spoke with her boss, who said she was out on vacation. I told him not to expect her back and to check his books and left my number in case he got hold of her. He called me back two days later and told me she had embezzled quite a bit from his company and asked me to contact him if I ever found her. I never did, but I didn't try too hard (it was not that much money). So that does happen.

By the same token, she could be being used as a scapegoat. I consider the whole situation weird, as in why she lived behind the business instead of at home. Was that the only job she could get? Did she not like living at home? Were there no places to live with her husband in the area? Just seems a little odd, but there's no accounting for people.

That white truck backed up to her trailer has to have something to do with this. Was she loading it up with something?

well, I for one have no idea how this is going to turn out. She has a criminal background, a different lifestyle than the norm and has been accused of embezzling money. One one hand it looks like she could have ran-- on the other hand it seems like something bad happened to her.

I keep thinking of "Psycho"-- Janet Leigh steals money and starts to run away and just coincidentally runs into a killer. Everyone keeps thinking that she is around, living it up, meeting with her boyfriend or whatever until her sister realizes that she has been murdered.

That's what I got from it. Maybe Moore isn't a very good bookkeeper himself... but I think that two weeks is way too quick for a) an owner who does not do the books to discover discrepancies and b) for the IRS to be involved. I would guess that the IRS was there before she disappeared and he wants to blame her for any bookkeeping issues.

He also mentioned that the other businesses included his "Cousins" and friends. I would be very suspicious of a network of businesses all loyal to Shannon. Wasn't a white truck, common to the business, witnessed as parked up against the trailer that night?

I may have missed it but I haven't seen anything about the IRS being involved. Do you have a link? TIA

I may have missed it but I haven't seen anything about the IRS being involved. Do you have a link? TIA

I haven't read that, either. I believe it might be confusion of abbreviations. I believe the FBI is involved rather than the IRS.

Two things I've noticed...

Here missing FB page has not been updated with MSM since the announcement about the financial investigation.

From THIS missing FB page, it states she was last seen at 7PM leaving work by her coworkers. I thought she had told them to leave the gate open when they left because she was going to WM again. ?? Then it states she was last seen on survelliance at 9:30 leaving WM. Her husband says he talked to her around 9. (Just because her cell dialed him doesn't mean it was actually her, kwim) It also states she never came back to trailer, yet there was a report of the receipt being there.
Her son has also posted on this page.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f....299604636726544.72885.212865135400495&type=1

Neither have I. There was an inference made by Moore, the company owner, in a Clarion news article that they were dealing with the federal government and didn't know if they were going to owe back taxes or not.

I believe this is the area where her vehicle was found (by the abandoned shed?). This is just west of the south Crystal Springs exit on Pat Harrison Dr. Very convenient to dumping a vehicle and/or being picked up and jumping right back on the interstate. Of note...there is pond just west/left of here you can see if scroll.

http://binged.it/KWIViY

http://www.wlbt.com/story/18437465/new-twist-in-linda-gale-reed-investigation

Posted: May 16, 2012 12:59 PM EDT
Updated: May 17, 2012 10:42 AM EDT
By Cheryl Lasseter

COPIAH COUNTY, MS (WLBT) -Federal investigators visited the Copiah County Sheriff's Department Wednesday, regarding the investigation into Linda Gale Reed's disappearance.

"I had the FBI, I had Mr. Moore and some of his people, representatives there, everybody getting to know each other, deciding and determining which direction we need to take this investigation," Sheriff Harold Jones told us Wednesday afternoon.

It almost seems like this woman was leading two lives. She had a work life and a family life. She was so dedicated to her work life that she lived for most of each week behind the business and spent many hours at the office. I'm not sure what her duties entailed. But a "bookkeeper" doesn't need to spend that much time at the office. Sure, she had other clients. But this was clearly her main job. It says that she locked the gates almost every night. I suspect that there was a love triangle. It might have involved someone she works with or a former employee of the company or an employee of one of the other companies she worked for or just someone who lives in the area. If it was a love affair, you can figure out the possible scenarios without much trouble. And I'm not ruling out a semi-professional hit. That's probably not the wealthiest area, and I'm sure there are a few shady characters willing to do a "job" for someone for a fee.

You know, I had worked for a small company many moons ago and there was a house on the property...occupied by the owner's mistress. It was pretty well known, even by his wife and son, but never mentioned. ? Add to that the area of Terry, MS, rumored to being searched....(connections to owner)..you just never know. Good reason not for her not wanting to leave the business. Could have been going on for years. As it is now, her last stated communication was with her hubby at 9PM..and he thought she was at home. Soooo?

Horrible thought, but is it possible she could be somewhere on the business property (container within a semitrailer used for storage,etc.) and then her car was dumped, perp had help and was picked up? I've heard nothing of the property being searched, except her home.

Hope she is found soon--whatever the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back