Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about the "walk/watching tv" & wondering if it all revolves around what he exactly said & to whom.

He told Allison's parents "she went for a walk & didn't come back"....

Did he call her parents before he called 000 ??

When police later that week stated GBC has maintained he last saw her watching tv.

But police didn't mention anything about him saying "she went for a walk".

Wouldn't you think at that stage police would have said to media "GBC said he last saw her watching tv & he assumes she's gone for a walk" ??

Then at what time was the lawyer contacted...before the 000 call or later that day??

ps...I would LOVE to hear a recording of that 000 call.

marlywings I think you've caught him out in a lie!!! you are a super sleuther!!!

CSIRO has done a lot of good work that often goes unrecognised including wi-fi and the bionic ear, just to name the famous ones! But I understand your frustration but science gives a lot back to the community and they need the support to continue their research

And I believe up to 20 countries will contribute to pay for the telescope, it’s just that Australia , South Africa and New Zealand have won the bid to share the process

:great:

bring on the :ufo:

sorry not on topic

I, myself have a cochlear implant.

I am all for any scientific research that will end up helping people on this earth, but cannot see the benefit of lurking into space to see what is black matter or where/when the big bang happened. Sending humans to the moon did not result in anything (at least to my knowledge) that was of any advantage to human kind. IMO. But it's another topic. :)

We are surrounded every day by technologies developed for space exploration. The artificial heart for example, resulted from experiments on the space shuttle and a partnership with renowned heart surgeon Dr. Michael Debakey. The hand held Jaws of Life used to save victims from car wrecks originated from the system used to separate the space shuttle from its booster rockets. Even the insulation that keeps our homes warm and energy efficient is based of the technology used to insulate the space shuttle.

http://www.universetoday.com/37079/benefits-of-space-exploration/

sorry! i could not help it :peace:

back on topic :) i can't wait untill the toxiology results come back, so tired of refreshing google

hope we have closure for Allison soon

I believe unless details have been given to the media and verified by either Supt Ainsworth or another *named* police person in the media...nothing can be considered as completely factual in any way...

I agree, unless Mark Ainsworth says it, I take it with a big grain of salt

What else could the neighbours have seen/ heard anyone got any suggestions?

Going by reports, neighbours said they "heard arguing"....could that also entail sounds of things being thrown around?? Some people have full on screaming/shouting arguments...throw a lot of things around..through windows etc.

I'm also wondering if the neighbours heard any other voices in the argument, apart from Allison & GBC...was it just those two or GBC & someone else. This leads me to wonder if there were more people involved in this arguing....were there any other cars at the house at that time??...visitors??

If GBC is guilty...what other things could he be lying about if his alibi "last saw her watching tv" isn't the truth??

We are surrounded every day by technologies developed for space exploration. The artificial heart for example, resulted from experiments on the space shuttle and a partnership with renowned heart surgeon Dr. Michael Debakey. The hand held Jaws of Life used to save victims from car wrecks originated from the system used to separate the space shuttle from its booster rockets. Even the insulation that keeps our homes warm and energy efficient is based of the technology used to insulate the space shuttle.

http://www.universetoday.com/37079/benefits-of-space-exploration/

sorry! i could not help it :peace:

back on topic :) i can't wait untill the toxiology results come back, so tired of refreshing google

hope we have closure for Allison soon

:peace:

I agree, unless Mark Ainsworth says it, I take it with a big grain of salt

Agree Minni...IMO the media are simply covering themselves against possible defamation by quoting the broader terminology of "police said" ... Should a police person give details to the media, the first thing the media would do would be to quote their name in their story...Not 'police said'...

Going by reports, neighbours said they "heard arguing"....could that also entail sounds of things being thrown around?? Some people have full on screaming/shouting arguments...throw a lot of things around..through windows etc.

I'm also wondering if the neighbours heard any other voices in the argument, apart from Allison & GBC...was it just those two or GBC & someone else. This leads me to wonder if there were more people involved in this arguing....were there any other cars at the house at that time??...visitors??

If GBC is guilty...what other things could he be lying about if his alibi "last saw her watching tv" isn't the truth??

Maybe they heard a car arrive, then male voices, even worse what if they actually saw/ heard them making plans of what to do.
Perhaps they did see them washing cars very early, or even just GBC washing his at daybreak.

I meant to add this to my previous post re Hawkins words..."a particularly nasty and confronting matter. Not the sort of case that would be pleasant for jurors."

I reallly don't like saying this but could there have been some sort of "party" thing..eg..orgy?? going on at the house & it all went way out crazy??

Maybe they heard a car arrive, then male voices, even worse what if they actually saw/ heard them making plans of what to do.
Perhaps they did see them washing cars very early, or even just GBC washing his at daybreak.

Yes that's what I'm wondering too kiwi...I think it's been easy to assume that it was only Allison & GBC that were heard arguing but there could very well have been others, or even quite a few others, involved in it as well.

So many unknowns....

Someone should ask the neighbours to join this forum...lol.

Agree Minni...IMO the media are simply covering themselves against possible defamation by quoting the broader terminology of "police said" ... Should a police person give details to the media, the first thing the media would do would be to quote their name in their story...Not 'police said'...

The use of that term is standard reporting style. You'll find it everywhere in police reporting, such as here:
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8473620/man-stabbed-in-sydney-home-invasion

And here: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-05-26/women-unhurt-in-sydney-drive-by/4034754

And here: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/shooting-may-be-a-road-rage-attack-20120526-1zbeh.html

Cheers
Sans IMO, AAMOF

The media will often quote the organisation, rather than the name. In the situation with police, there are times when it is inappropriate to mention the officer's name (at the request of the police) because they would rather not have multiple officers' names mentioned. It's about their media protocol, rather than wanting anonymity. For example, whenever the lead detective or inspector makes a comment they will be identified, but if information comes via the police media unit they will specify that it is the "police" to be quoted and not the individual.

Yes that's what I'm wondering too kiwi...I think it's been easy to assume that it was only Allison & GBC that were heard arguing but there could very well have been others, or even quite a few others, involved in it as well.

So many unknowns....

Someone should ask the neighbours to join this forum...lol.

I don't know about this whole neighbours reported firstly to police scenario....I don't know where it came from but thought it was only based on the story that neighbours heard arguing?

I personally think if there were more than a few people there 'going off' in the night, the neighbours would have investigated a little more.

its easy IMO to 'kind of be a nosy parker' and have a bit of a sticky beak, then say to your partner 'wow they are going OFF tonight', but not feel an urgency to call 000, if it were my neighbour I would possibly leave it if it sounded like a couple arguing but be more concerned if it sounded like a fight between several people.

I imagine several neighbours would have reported a disturbance of that nature.

MOO:moo:

Who is Amber? I've missed a few pages.

yep..me too, are you referring to a woman named Amber? I really hope no more workers for C21 are having their names dragged through the mud simply because they worked there. Can you be more specific please?

@ Marlywings and Kiwi50

Valuable posts as always, from both of you. Thank you.

Nigel is an ardent reader, a keen walker (with much-loved cocker spaniel, Amber) and travel enthusiast, but mostly enjoys spending time with wife of 38 years, Elaine, and his growing family.

I should read a little slower in the future hey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?