LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie says ---

"The night before she went out, she texted me around 11:45 asking me to go to the bar with her where the bands were playing .......
I was in BR and I wasn't gonna come back that night......I'd had a few drinks or whatever, I didn't want to drive......and I stayed in BR."

*when Charlie talked to BW on the phone the next night, Saturday, at around 5:00, after asking if he had heard from Mickey, Charlie asks him, "Do you think she's at the bar? I mean, whatever."

this is totally irrelevant, since im positive you know more about cars than i do...but is there any way you can show this in a picture? i just want to see what you guys are seeing lol. im afraid i cant see what yall are talking about.

gimme a minute or two!

something else i havent seen mentioned here, and i could be way of base. has anyone considered the possibility of her riding into this part if town to score some pot? im not in any way talking bad about Mickey, but if this is what she was trying to do it would maybe explain why she would stop for a vehicle. but then again she had made no calls prior to coming to this area as far as i know, other than to her friend.
I have heard rumors about pot in that area. . . On a side street off of Calder if I remember. But this was about 2 years ago.

Cowboys was a good idea. I heard many stories about late nights out there. I just checked their website, and if they don't fudge their times IRL, they close at 2 as well.

Is there some city-wide ordinance that forces everything to close at 2? I didn't realize that the whole city shut down at that time. Granted, I make it home by 1:30. (My folks drilled it into my head that "nothing good happens after 1")

Last time I went to Cowboy's it closed at 230. I do believe there is some sort of ordinance, but somehow Cowboy's gets away with it. When I was younger it didn't close until 3.

here are a few of my suspicions, if anyone wants to chew on them for awhile. All are only of my own opinion.

1. BW, to me, is highly suspicious. On the first local interview, he doesn't look too emotional, he was able to go on a great length about little details, which seemed kind of obsessional. That comment "Mickey doesn't have boyfriends" and "and I locked the door" seemed harsh. I thought when he said "and I locked the door" that it was as if he was saying 'and I locked her out of my life. adios'. just my opinion of course.

2. BW's bike was stolen and found around May 9. Could that have been a test to see how long it would take to recover a missing bike. it was found in a bush at the cemetery near his home.

3. The bike could have had evidence on it, such as fingerprints, hair, skin, paint from a vehicle. If it was put in water, it would erase the evidence, except for any paint from a hit and run vehicle.

4. If the driver of this white truck is heavy set and older, chances are he wouldn't have the physical power to pick her up or wrestle with a very physically fit 21 yr old woman, or pick up her bike, etc.

5. Those Lafayette streets where she was riding are so confusing. If there was a vehicle cruising on those streets at that time, chances are they are local. or have been local at some point in time.

these are just a few of my suspicions; if i find anything else that seems odd or unlikely, I will post.

Just gave all the info to the tip line and they sounded very stoked - said they all there thought it was a Cadillac, and she said the detectives are coming back in soon and they'll get the info. Gave her the website and also the details of the car while she was looking at the photos - pointed out the rear-side-marker light.

Good work, folks!

let's hope it pans out and helps get closer to Mickey!

That is great news! :rocker:

In my opinion, it's going to be hard to really nail it down. There's just too many variables.

I'm looking on cardomain.com right now. You can choose to look at cars by year, model, etc.. There's a lot of pictures from many different angles.

I definitely think it has a custom vinyl top and custom back window. Might be a convertible.

We really need more pictures to come to a solid conclusion.

Well, yeah, the photos suck.

But among the discussion, we've got the side spear location, the wheel wells, the size of the roof, got the back window close enough to allow for motion blur and glare and a puffy vinyl top redo, got the slanted taillights, got the straight up-and-down front, got the overall proportions, and finally, the side marker light in the blurry photo zooming along at an exact height that only an Olds could.

That's as close as we can get, given the photos we have to work with.

Great work on de-fisheyeing it!

something else i havent seen mentioned here, and i could be way of base. has anyone considered the possibility of her riding into this part if town to score some pot? im not in any way talking bad about Mickey, but if this is what she was trying to do it would maybe explain why she would stop for a vehicle. but then again she had made no calls prior to coming to this area as far as i know, other than to her friend.

Something keeps coming up, though, about her having received a text -- I think BW said she did -- but we've never, AFAIK, gotten any idea of from whom.

Charlie says ---

"The night before she went out, she texted me around 11:45 asking me to go to the bar with her where the bands were playing .......
I was in BR and I wasn't gonna come back that night......I'd had a few drinks or whatever, I didn't want to drive......and I stayed in BR."

*when Charlie talked to BW on the phone the next night, Saturday, at around 5:00, after asking if he had heard from Mickey, Charlie says, "Do you think she's at the bar? I mean, whatever."

Okay, this may sound rather far-fetched, but what if...Mickey texts Charlie at 11:45 telling Charlie what her plans are for the evening. Charlie's with friends, has had a lot to drink and falls asleep by 12:30 or so. It's just an hour or so from BR to Lafayette, right? So what if Charlie has an "unsavory" male friend near her at the time who heads from BR to Lafayette, texts Mickey at around 1:30, says that Charlie's changed her mind and is back in Lafayette. Waits for her to leave BW's house and follows her...Would also explain why her bike was dumped at Whiskey Bridge if the perp is originally from BR and heads back there afterwards.

Me, too.

Count it, bro.

Good for you for staying strong about the slanted taillights.

Well I'm kind of obsessed with Cadillacs and I remember the only Lac lights that slant are really old ones or the really ugly short 80's models with the fifth wheel molded in the trunk. And those lights/bumper were slanted but the lights ran horizontally.

I bet LE knows.

I worked for the phone company. Although they don't have Mickey's phone, the can look up the records and see who the incoming text came from. It was obviously insignificant as I'm sure it was one of her friends and no one has been named a suspect. The 'senders' phone will have the outgoing text saved to it, if it wasn't deleted (I have over 25,000 texts on my phone which isn't uncommon for people to save)

I've seen that Olds around town for the last three years. The full picture just came into my head. I remember staring at it at a stoplight on Hwy 90. because it was the only one like it in town.

It's medium green. not light - not dark.

I just called the tip line again.

If I just called in the wrong 98, then at least when they find the guy, he'll probably know if there's another one in town. I definitely have seen a medium-green early'80s Olds 98 with a white vinyl top in town here.

Okay, this may sound rather far-fetched, but what if...Mickey texts Charlie at 11:45 telling Charlie what her plans are for the evening. Charlie's with friends, has had a lot to drink and falls asleep by 12:30 or so. It's just an hour or so from BR to Lafayette, right? So what if Charlie has an "unsavory" male friend near her at the time who heads from BR to Lafayette, texts Mickey at around 1:30, says that Charlie's changed her mind and is back in Lafayette. Waits for her to leave BW's house and follows her...Would also explain why her bike was dumped at Whiskey Bridge if the perp is originally from BR and heads back there afterwards.

A crime of opportunity - absolutely possible.

* you could write for Lifetime Movies lol

I don't think Mickey was ready to stop partying when she left Artmosphere. And, she didn't want to party with BW!

I would even go so far as to say that even though her and be may not be in a relationship doesn't mean that she has no romantic life at all. Bws feelings for her are obvious and in order to spare his feelings it might be a secret kept from him.

When I first started reading I read not drinking and feeling sick...I immediately thought pregnant! I then read she drank the night before so I thought nevermind.

When I was I.high-school I knew of two girls who ran away for an abortion. One completed her mission. The other ran into trouble trying to make a purchase with daddy's stolen credit card. She had a baby instead

Wish Mickey's situation were so simple. I have kids of my own now. And I get annoyed sometimes. Feel that housewifery is not my thang. This certainly puts things into perspective........I want them to do their best a.d be their best but if they make mistakes so what. Ill fuss and scold them. But when my head hits that pillow I make it a point to thank sweet baby Jesus that they are home alive healthy.

Also I think bw at first wanted to be Superman.....ill save you. He was being strong not blinking like a robot showing no emotion. People started speculating he was batting for the pink team.......he probably has to act like a hard *** to compensate. I think in the back of his mind this would end with Mickey coming home and being in love with him for taking such initiative and "saving or rescuing" her........and I think he has become less and less robotic and more and more emotional as he doubts more and more that it will turn out how he wants.

I feel for him and the whole family because I don't know how anyone could ever move forward.

I hate to sound insensitive but I think that the publicity and media attention that this case gets has a lot to do with $$$$. And it is not that I see anything wrong with the spread of info......I think there is something wrong with the fact that every single missing person does not get this much media attention. If every single person who went missing caused this big of a response do you think that its all Wed ever hear about? Do you think they'd have to make the news an hour longer? NO! IT WOULD HAPPEN LESS MORE PERPETRATORS WOULD GET CAUGHT. MORE VICTIMS WOULD LIVE TO SPREAD MORE AWARENESS AND IT WOULD HAPPEN LESS.....IF ONLY EVERY SINGLE ONE GOT THIS MUCH ATTENTION!!!! just my opinion though. I hope she comes home. I hope she lives to tell the tale. I hope that instead of them losing their sister /daughter /best friend we all gained one.

I've seen that Olds around town for the last three years. The full picture just came into my head. I remember staring at it at a stoplight on Hwy 90. because it was the only one like it in town.

If I just called in the wrong 98, then at least when they find the guy, he'll probably know if there's another one in town. I definitely have seen a medium-green early'80s Olds 98 with a white vinyl top in town here.

Remember if it had any signs of body work on the right rear? Think hard now, chicken fried ...!

I don't understand why LE has not been asking for help about this car, as it seems they in fact have not ID'd it. Glad you got someone on the phone, in person. Seems like it should be fairly easy to locate the driver.

What I am wondering now, with LE supposedly thinking Mickey is NOT near the bike's locale, is where do they search next? It is hard for me to believe that Mickey was left/kept in town, and yet the bike taken so far away. She could be a hour or more away, or anywhere, even still somewhere in the area of the bike, IMO. I hope they have some clues, but it is tragic that her phone is not helpful.

I hate to sound insensitive but I think that the publicity and media attention that this case gets has a lot to do with $$$$. And it is not that I see anything wrong with the spread of info......I think there is something wrong with the fact that every single missing person does not get this much media attention. If every single person who went missing caused this big of a response do you think that its all Wed ever hear about? Do you think they'd have to make the news an hour longer? NO! IT WOULD HAPPEN LESS MORE PERPETRATORS WOULD GET CAUGHT. MORE VICTIMS WOULD LIVE TO SPREAD MORE AWARENESS AND IT WOULD HAPPEN LESS.....IF ONLY EVERY SINGLE ONE GOT THIS MUCH ATTENTION!!!! just my opinion though. I hope she comes home. I hope she lives to tell the tale. I hope that instead of them losing their sister /daughter /best friend we all gained one.

I have a different take. It's not about money - it's about the strong network of friends and family a nice person can have, and a nice town that goes to bat for them and works so hard it goes viral.

The more people love you, the harder they try/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members