GUILTY NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #6

Where was JW housed while waiting trial? Would the jail/prison not screen outside reading materials, like searching the cake for a file?

Also, keep wondering if JWs sister is "normal" or does she possess traits like JW. Hope this lineage ends with this generation.

I believe what Dr. Wolfe is testifying to is while he was housed at Butner, during the time she was seeing and analyzing him. IIRC, she said it was something like six weeks. In prison, I think books and reading materials have to be shipped directly from the publisher, don't they?

Throughout the years, he has probably done terrible damage to his otherwise highly functioning brain through the use of illegal and legal drugs, plus the alcohol abuse. Again, what a waste of not only his life, but of KT's, her family's, his parents, other family and friends who love him, and the taxpayers for enduring the cost of this trial.

Still am not believing this was his first brutal attack on a female. I'm sure his DNA has been compared to open cases in towns/areas JW lived. But just like we may never know what caused him to snap when he encountered KT, we may never know.

Also cant help but think if KT had been at JGs under normal circumstances and encountered JW the outcome would have been the same.

Apparently he also attacked his former girlfriend when they were together...the one who was terrified to testify in the case (she was never called). He has not been linked to any other attacks on unknown victims.

He was cremated, though I don't know if they kept his ashes or not. It would be like trying to bury a pony--not very practical. I have my golden's ashes, which I plan to have buried with my ashes when I go. (LOL @ ex-hub comment)

Trying to catch up. A bit more OT - a friend of mine on FaceBook posted a while back looking for a backhoe to bury her horse. Weird - I never thought about what you'd do with an animal that big. I don't know what she ended up doing.

Trying to catch up. A bit more OT - a friend of mine on FaceBook posted a while back looking a backhoe to bury her horse. Weird - I never though about what you'd do with an animal that big. I don't know what she ended up doing.

Had a neighbor who lost their horse and this is how they buried him. Dug the hole with a back hoe. A very huge hole!

Wonder if JWs mother suspected him if /or when she heard of KTs rape/murder. Knowing the vicinity near where he lived and given her knowledge of his sexual deviance. Perhaps another denial. I dont remember but was there a composite drawing released before the arrest?

Sadly, I bet she did. All mothers know there are things about their children that just aren't openly discussed, ever, even to the children themselves. You see it and hope it doesn't get worse, watch it play out through the child's life, always wishing it will change, they will grow out of it, meet someone to change it, and yes, sometimes get caught and forced to change. For most kids it all seems to work out, more or less. Not so in this case.

These would be deep, deep down thoughts for her, never, ever mentioned to anyone. What a burden. I feel for the parents.

IMO

Yeah, but she hasn't seen my google history! :floorlaugh: Once she studies that, well I'm guessin' a straitjacket will be called for at once. :woohoo:

and then they'll lock me up, :jail:

And I'll be lookin for all of you to come and rescue me!

:rollercoaster:

and splain' 'it's all for research
:panic:

:anguish:

we can't save you! They'll lock us up too!!:seeya:

Two points, is this the same Crabtree Creek that runs along Lassiter Mill Rd./the dam area?

And did he bring *extra socks* from home to use on his hands? Meaning, the socks weren't an 'afterthought' but a part of his crime kit.

BBM

I'm trying to catch up so this may have been answered already, gracielee. I don't think this is the Crabtree Creek that floods frequently. However, it could very well be a tributary that runs from/to Crabtree Creek. I can imagine that it has the capacity to flood, especially since no1uknow indicates it is also designed for run-off. I don't know if it is a natural creek (as opposed to man-made), but it certainly looks natural with its jungle-like plants. It's been there for some time, for sure.

One thing I keep getting stuck on....when JW saw there was someone in the bedroom (although it was pitch black), his fight or flight instinct would've kicked in, right? It doesn't make any sense that he wouldn't just run out. That is, if this was the first time this had happened. My first instinct would be to run the heck out of there and beat it.
And I wouldn't be carrying around a rock once inside the house. Why would I need it? I'm already in, no need to break a window.
I am really glad that when I want to feel "in control" I just need to rearrange some furniture, or write a little story. If I tried to break in someone's house, I think I would pee my pants.:coffeews:

LOLOLOL! When he was first elected gov. I didn't mind sharing that I dated him as a teenager. Didn't take but a few years for me to learn to keep my mouth shut about that.

Funny, NCEast. Thanks for sharing. lol:seeya:

One thing I keep getting stuck on....when JW saw there was someone in the bedroom (although it was pitch black), his fight or flight instinct would've kicked in, right? It doesn't make any sense that he wouldn't just run out. That is, if this was the first time this had happened. My first instinct would be to run the heck out of there and beat it.
And I wouldn't be carrying around a rock once inside the house. Why would I need it? I'm already in, no need to break a window.
I am really glad that when I want to feel "in control" I just need to rearrange some furniture, or write a little story. If I tried to break in someone's house, I think I would pee my pants.:coffeews:

Sadly this is JW and DT only defense. A "normal" person would have fled or peed in their pants!

Every time I put on my sports bra, daily now that it's summer, I'm reminded of that poster who had her husband drag her around the house in her sports bra. The image just doesn't fade.

Oh, I remember that. But it really did serve a good purpose at the time. Plus, she was ok with it. ;)

Why wouldnt print copies be admitted into evidence?!?!

Well, if the emails are being presented by the State, my first guess is they are trying to save money on paper. I'm sure print copies have been submitted somewhere. But for State agencies, printing paper is essentially a no, no unless absolutely necessary. Trying to save the taxpayers money, you know.

Of course, I could be all wrong about that.

IMO

Well firstly, if anyone ever does a forensic exam of my computer, I want you all to vouch for my sanity! The stuff I've googled over my years in true crime. < shakes head in embarrassment > I can't come up with much for 'popular series of books, 1980's including violence and sexual sadism.' I keep getting Anne Rice's Vampire series & The Handmaids Tale, neither of which I've read. I also came up with 'Punisher', but that appeared to be a comic book series. Anybody have any other suggestions?

BBM

I often tell my husband that if something happens to me and you look at my computer, none of it means anything. IT MEANS NOTHING! Man, the places I've been thanks to WS.... LOL

Oh my gosh, his parents were still enabling through his reading materials. I can't believe how stupid that was that they brought him violent books.

I believe, although who knows what one would really do until one is there, that I, for my son's protection -- so that he wouldn't get in more trouble for having some kind of unapproved book or something that would get him into some kind of mental state -- I would darn sure break the seal (all the more reason to look at the dayam book) on that book and take a look -- before I bought the thing. Or if he asked me to order it, I would check it that way. NO WAY would I buy or transport a book to him that I did not know. To he!! with his privacy. What were they thinking? If the prison required a factory seal, then I'd show it and then open it before I delivered it to him. Grrrr. Wouldn't you? Am I nuts or not? I can't get over this thing they did. What a screwed-up bunch of people.
icon9.gif

I wouldn't break the seal, no, but I would look up the book(s) online to see what the stories were about if I were concerned about the subject matter or wanted to get an idea of what it was I was bringing to someone. Once the seal is broken I don't know if books can be brought in.

B
Where was JW housed while waiting trial? Would the jai/prison not screen outside reading materials, like searching the cake for a file?

Also, keep wondering if JWs sister is "normal" or does she possess traits like JW. Hope this lineage ends with this generation.

From what I've read in the DOC doc (yes, the Inmate Handbook, page 4 - http://www.doc.state.nc.us/Publications/inmate%20rule%20book.pdf ), the only way a prisoner can receive books is to order them directly from the publisher -- that way the CI people can examine them before they deliver them to the prisoner. And they forbid books with "sexually explicit," etc., etc., material. I guess in this case, the seal that was mentioned was a publisher's seal. How on this green earth did JW get his hands on those books then??
icon8.gif
Could you imagine what kinda money he could make in there if he were to sell it? And he'd probably get Disciplinary Segregation unless he could call his mama...

Yeah, but she hasn't seen my google history! :floorlaugh: Once she studies that, well I'm guessin' a straitjacket will be called for at once. :woohoo:

and then they'll lock me up, :jail:

And I'll be lookin for all of you to come and rescue me!

:rollercoaster:

and splain' 'it's all for research'.

:razz:

:pillowfight2:

:panic:

:anguish:

Until they started checking into us Sleuthers who are trying to bail you out -- then we'd prolly ALL be in there. At least you wouldn't be lonely, glee-girl!!! :jail::what::jail::party::jail::what::jail:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monique 9903
Back