ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have an issue with Hawkins, take it up with him,

Better still get Peter Black to take it up with me. I'm sure he has some sound knowledge of 'Cyberlaw" whatever that is. But I also supsect that he loves movies like "The Muppet Movie" and aspires to b a Big Brother contestant. I hereby challenge Mr Black to a public debate about the potential for social media to impact on criminal law and the law of torts in Qld. Maybe Websleuthers could attend to ask questions and decide who the winner is. Maybe charge a $20 entry fee and donate the prcoeeds to the kids trust fund.

I think the nature vs nurture debate re criminality will be forever evolving and I don't expect there will ever be a true consensus. In fact I don't even think there should be, so many individual differences. I for one believe nature and nurture work together to varying degrees and I suppose I often lean towards nurture, as in environmental factors, peer and parent influences, cultural influences. I'm also a bit biased as I simply know more about the effects of nurture than I do about nature. I would love to sit down with GBC and find out more about him to better understand why he is the way he is.
I'm interested in the psychological or social aspects of the case, too. The whole thing seems so unlikely: an apparently ordinary middle-class family in an apparently safe neighbourhood with no apparent background in the things which might lead to murder.

I hope we'll eventually get to find out what was really happening. Whatever it was, maybe it's something that in future could be prevented, or at least better understood.

Better still get Peter Black to take it up with me. I'm sure he has some sound knowledge of 'Cyberlaw" whatever that is. But I also supsect that he loves movies like "The Muppet Movie" and aspires to b a Big Brother contestant. I hereby challenge Mr Black to a public debate about the potential for social media to impact on criminal law and the law of torts in Qld. Maybe Websleuthers could attend to ask questions and decide who the winner is. Maybe charge a $20 entry fee and donate the prcoeeds to the kids trust fund.

woohoo, like I said you are our :hero:

Hawkins, you obviously feel that no matter what is said here, it will have no impact on this case (I do beg to differ...), but are you also saying that posters here are safe from legal proceedings if they make claims/accusations against those who do not appear to be involved in ABC's death (ie a best friend perhaps)??...or if they incite violence against the accused?

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8483991/backlog-sparks-call-for-new-qld-judge 9 News posted 1 hour ago.

Queensland's Chief Justice Paul de Jersey has called on the state government to urgently appoint a new judge to help clear a backlog of homicide cases.

Justice de Jersey has told The Courier-Mail recent reforms to reduce delays in the legal system had minimal impact on the Supreme Court.

"If a criminal case were to become ready to proceed to trial in the Supreme Court today, the earliest available trial dates would be in the first half of next year," he said.

Is this relevant here to the timing of the trial?

Oooh sounds like a good idea for ABC's program Questions & Answers...

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/qanda/

I usually just lurk and keep quiet, but the above comment re providing something 'sharpish' is just not needed. The guy has had two months to entertain that thought, makes me wonder what goes through peoples heads with comments like that and if the reason they are here in the first place, is because they gain some sort of ogrish pleasure through death of any kind.

A few pages ago someone theorized about GBC possibly running over allisons body to make it look like a hit and run to fit in with the 'she went for a walk' story, hence the interfering charge.
It made me think back a few threads where at least one person was hellbent on convincing people that Allison was the victim of a hit-run car accident.
I'm kinda thinking that could possibly have been Gerard or someone close to him trying to sway public opinion so when/if the body was found, it would tie in as a possible alternate scenario.
This is all, of course, MOO..
GBC will have much trouble shaving that well groomed beard with one twin blade razor, in a stainless steel mirror, with soap as shaving cream.
A life of misery this man deserves, suicide would only serve to put his young daughters through more suffering, whether you or I despise him, as strange as it is his daughters will probably always love their father - sad but true.
IMPARTIAL: Thank you for sharing your opinions. Agree such comments about a 'sharpish object' are not helpful; that a poster seemed 'hellbent' on convincing us that Allison was killed in a 'hit n run' type accident - it was possible that it was GBC or someone close to him as you suggest. Most reasonable posters were able to see it for what it was, some were swayed by it. Re your comments about the 3 little girls, I wish to offer an alternate view. We (the public) are on the 'outside' of these people's lives, looking in. We do not know enough about their relationship with their Dad to say 'they will always love their dad'. This is not so. IMO their relationship with him, each influenced by their age, is also influenced by his relationship with their mother and vice versa. It is alleged this was conflicted. As they grow, they may only love 'part' of him and despise the rest; they may 'hate' him; they may grow to be 'indifferent' to him. We cannot predict this. They have a right to their own thoughts & feelings about him and what he allegedly has done to their mother. My honest opinion, not fact.

:gthanks:

Hawkins, you obviously feel that no matter what is said here, it will have no impact on this case (I do beg to differ...), but are you also saying that posters here are safe from legal proceedings if they make claims/accusations against those who do not appear to be involved in ABC's death (ie a best friend perhaps)??...or if they incite violence against the accused?

If your conclusion is that I 'feel that no matter what is said here, it will have no impact on this case' then you have not read my posts on these matters and you should do so. As to your question as to whether I believe that 'posters here are safe from legal proceedings if they make claims/accusations against those who do not appear to be involved in ABC's death' then the answer is no. Sorry I'm being a bit of a smart arse prick today. Business as usual according to my Mrs.

I got a text msg last night from my mother - sorry if this has been said (there's too many pages to read!) but apparently (all heresay) Allison was found with her hands cut off?
But I don't see the point of that - couldn't be an ID thing as teeth are used.
If it's true (A BIF IF) then he's a sicker freak than first thought.

yes, good point CC maybe they are looking for DNA associated with the mystery criminal supposedly associated with the murder. If they can gather DNA to place him there along with a confession from him...it would go a long way in the murder trial...(sorry but I am stuck on this angle that there is a criminal non-related participant here and running that thought at the moment)

No one has mentioned TM lately....is there any reason for this other than the focus on financial issues and NBC? has she been confirmed as no longer a person of interest?

Agree, I think they are ruling out more than anything. If someone else murdered her, there would surely be more than one person's DNA present, even if you are the husband MOO

I got a text msg last night from my mother - sorry if this has been said (there's too many pages to read!) but apparently (all heresay) Allison was found with her hands cut off?
But I don't see the point of that - couldn't be an ID thing as teeth are used.
If it's true (A BIF IF) then he's a sicker freak than first thought.

If (as is rumoured) a criminal assisted with the murder, I think if the a hand was cut off this is some weird form of marking by the gang or to verify that the deed was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VickyVersa