ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone that's interested there was a bit of a discussion on ABC radio last month...

Tweeting and Blogging without getting sued

May 9, 2012

Tonight on the Nightlife we look at how your online opinions could have you stepping into a legal mine field. With so many of us expressing opinion on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook, our guest Professor Mark Pearson joins the program to give advice on how not to get sued for defamation

http://www.abc.net.au/nightlife/podcast.htm

Scroll down above link for the recording...

If your conclusion is that I 'feel that no matter what is said here, it will have no impact on this case' then you have not read my posts on these matters and you should do so. As to your question as to whether I believe that 'posters here are safe from legal proceedings if they make claims/accusations against those who do not appear to be involved in ABC's death' then the answer is no. Sorry I'm being a bit of a smart arse prick today. Business as usual according to my Mrs.

Thanks again Hawkins. Really the bolded by me part is ALL that needs to be said on this matter I think.
None of us are making outrageous accusations or claims in my opinion.
Also the people who are going to charge us people for making "defamatory" comments have got their hands full. Do a quick search of all the media outlets out there and compared to what is said here there is much,much worse being written out there. Good luck to these people chasing the little guy for stating their own opinions they will have work for years. MOOOOO

Channel 9 Mornings TV reports this morning - Bail application will be heard at 2:30 pm next Thursday.

Also reported, backlog due to lack of resources in the Brisbane courts and doubling of cases in the last 5 years, therefore not expected to go to trial for at least 1 year.

Well, if he is quilty, lets hope he is advised by his expensive lawyers to make a guilty plea .... and save everyone (especially Allison's loved ones) the spectacle and drama of a lengthy trial. :maddening:

When his lawyer spoke briefly yesterday, he said something along the lines "my client maintains he is innocent ...". I have seen other legal eagles in other cases say "my client is innocent ...". In my very personal opinion, I got the feeling that his lawyer suspects/knows he may not be innocent!

I'd be very surprised if he wasn't - even from just a duty of care perspective.
I agree with you.
He will be on 24hr OBS for as long as it is required and when it is required....
He will have ALL medical treatment that is required.

An interesting read by the Professor mentioned in previous post...

June 14, 2012

Queensland’s biggest publisher – the police – try to calm the FB lynch mob

The resources of the Queensland Police Service Facebook fan page were stretched over the past 24 hours to cope with the public response to their announcement of an arrest of a suspect in one of Brisbane’s most compelling ‘whodunnit’ murder mysteries.

Mainstream and social media speculation about the case has been rampant since 43-year-old Allison Baden-Clay went missing on April 23. Her husband Gerard appeared in court today charged with her murder.

As I have blogged previously, the Queensland Police Service has a highly successful Facebook page which established the bulk of its 289,500 fan base during the devastating Brisbane floods in January last year. It proved an excellent community communication tool during the disaster and since then as a crime detection aid as the public volunteer leads on unsolved crimes and public safety.

http://journlaw.com/

I support what you are saying, WI :)
I am also surprised that they haven't suppressed the name of the accused! (I noticed they have suppressed his image, as per usual)
I wonder if the suppression has been lifted due to public interest?

Very late last night SkyNews was showing his face in all footage.

I got a text msg last night from my mother - sorry if this has been said (there's too many pages to read!) but apparently (all heresay) Allison was found with her hands cut off?
But I don't see the point of that - couldn't be an ID thing as teeth are used.
If it's true (A BIF IF) then he's a sicker freak than first thought.

That was a rumour reported not long after the body was found.
There has been no actual proof as of yet, but we can't ignore every rumour. But it's still on the rumour list.
It's an interesting one to make up though.

One thing that gave it more substance was the "interfering with a corpse" charge. A google search of the charge shows that in Victoria it means two things, sexual interference or removal of body parts.
I couldn't find an official explanation for the charge in Queensland, but one I found on a laywer site suggests in Queensland it also means moving a body after death.

Someone mentioned gang activity. I didn't think we had a gang culture in Australia that had escalated to "tagging" murders like that, but I don't have enough interest to know for sure.
If this rumour is in fact true, my guess would be a crude way to remove ways of identification by way of fingerprints. Very amateur if it was, but then we aren't dealing with professional killer(s) here at the moment. (eg if you were trying to conceal the identity, why leave her in the clothes she had one etc)
Also it was reported by police that there were no visible signs of foul play. It may have been evidence withheld in order to get a suspect to slip up when interviewed. I guess we will find out when the case makes it to court.

I also have heard that her feet where missing, I wonder, if her hands and feet where bound and it was natural decomposition that caused them to be separated from the rest of her body, rather than the removal by someone (My apologies for making it sound so crude)

I was really dissapointed, when I heard that his parents had got angry and had shouted at the police when they heard GBC had been arrested. Dissapointed, was the most appropriate word I could use, for crying out loud, you are grown up behave like one, No one should yell and scream at our police, they are only doing there job. but then I guess it proves that they think they are above everyone else.

I also have heard that her feet where missing, I wonder, if her hands and feet where bound and it was natural decomposition that caused them to be separated from the rest of her body, rather than the removal by someone (My apologies for making it sound so crude)

I was really dissapointed, when I heard that his parents had got angry and had shouted at the police when they heard GBC had been arrested. Dissapointed, was the most appropriate word I could use, for crying out loud, you are grown up behave like one, No one should yell and scream at our police, they are only doing there job. but then I guess it proves that they think they are above everyone else.

Rumour,rumour,rumour.
I didn't ever want to bring it up but I have read elsewhere that someone who had examined the photo of the body believed that she felt the body had been hogtied. : (

Curious Cat, I know the posts by 543 were of interest a while ago, something recently posted re -sparked my interest, but can't find them to go back. can you? and are they still relevant? Thnx

Curious Cat, I know the posts by 543 were of interest a while ago, something recently posted re -sparked my interest, but can't find them to go back. can you? and are they still relevant? Thnx

Hi! Yes, I'm sure plenty of us remember 543. Did you search? I'll have a look for you.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/first-night-in-jail-ends-a-long-day/story-e6freon6-1226396050020

Just wondered how they got GBC to come to the cop shop for questionning without arresting him. I thought they couldn't make you go unless they are charging you with something?

This adds to my earlier opinion that he looked "disconnected" in the photo in handcuffs. I would even go to say that he may have "given up" (internally), although outwardly his lawyer is saying GBC will defend the charges. It will be interesting to see how he pleads next Thursday. If the evidence is strong, he may decide to take the simple road and avoid a public trial. If the evidence is weak, then his legal team may insist on a trial.

If this rumour is in fact true, my guess would be a crude way to remove ways of identification by way of fingerprints. Very amateur if it was, but then we aren't dealing with professional killer(s) here at the moment. (eg if you were trying to conceal the identity, why leave her in the clothes she had one etc)

Actually, removing the hands may have been used to remove dna from under the fingernails from a struggle.
Makes a lot more sense than a gang sending a message.

Accused husband spends first night in prison

June 15, 2012 - 3:00AM.

Last night, Brisbane's three major commercial television networks reported being contacted by investigators for the schedule of their programming between April 18 and 19.

It is understood the programming information will form part of the brief of evidence against Mr Baden-Clay. He has allegedly told police he last saw his wife watching The Footy Show on Channel Nine.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...t-in-prison-20120614-20cq6.html#ixzz1xoZ6RNRE

Actually, removing the hands may have been used to remove dna from under the fingernails from a struggle.
Makes a lot more sense than a gang sending a message.

Maybe he couldn't remove her rings at the site, panicked and ... *shudder* ? If this was all about money, who knows? MOO.

I have said all along that the children were home that night....but I will never understand what the hell Olivia Walton was doing there Friday mornng...so not reasonably acceptable ..and so suspicious (she lives 1600km away?)

I have said all along that this is a big one for me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member