LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand... if they are using cadaver dogs as the news just reported, does this mean they are looking for more then just the one shallow grave they found?

this is the best i could do with a map of St. Anne's Church
[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?jsid=3&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=St+Ann\'s+Catholic+Church&fb=1&cid=0,0,16164912016662311538&near=Opelousas,+LA&sa=X&ei=79D-T-LNMOOA2wXA6MSlBA&ved=0CAMQkwMwAw"]Google Maps[/ame]

that map is of opelousas though, i'm wondering if that's a different st. Anne's. when you google St. Anne Latwell, that's what comes up

I don't understand... if they are using cadaver dogs as the news just reported, does this mean they are looking for more then just the one shallow grave they found?

Not sure, KATC just had a short "live" report on tv and that's all that was said.

Coverage now on Channel 4 WWL TV. in NOLA. Well, scratch that just a blurb. Wish I could get more coverage here. My thoughts are with her family.

From KATC facebook: The St. Landry Parish Sheriff's Office has now revised it's original statement. The search is being conducted on land near St. Ann's Church. The church property, itself, is a holding station for the media

This is why I do not believe LE can find the bodies of missing persons without the public being aware...the media is onto these situations very quickly. I know it has come up several times, some people think that the police hold back the info when a body is recovered, but it is just not possible in this day and age, even if it was a good idea, which it probably isn't, as it could lead to allegations of cover-up, chain of custody, etc...

do you think the news channels would "jump the gun" even it it wasn't anything? is it possible that they were performing a search from a tip, a news channel saw and then everyone started jumping the gun?

this is what i originally thought until i saw the crime scene unit. they wouldn't have brought out the crime scene unit for a false alarm, right?

do you think the news channels would "jump the gun" even it it wasn't anything? is it possible that they were performing a search from a tip, a news channel saw and then everyone started jumping the gun?

this is what i originally thought until i saw the crime scene unit. they wouldn't have brought out the crime scene unit for a false alarm, right?

The WAFB link I posted above says:
the sheriff of St. Landry Parish has confirmed his office is investigating a possible shallow grave not far from the home of Brandon Lavergne.

I don't want to say I hope this leads to Mickey, but I believe he did in fact murder her, therefore I do hope she is found today, and the closer to an area that can be linked to him, the better.

I am guessing that he wised up and made a deal? Scared of the "Chair"

i think that the longer it takes for them to say anything more, the more likely it's her. because they would notify the family first if it is her. if it's not her, they would quickly say that it wasn't

I am guessing that he wised up and made a deal? Scared of the "Chair"

I hope he did, but only for the sake of not putting her family through a trial.
If he did not lead LE to this place, I hope his DNA is all over Mickey's body, should she be found here.

this is 190 and Jessie B Road where google map pulls up St. Anne Church. Jessie B Road also intersected with Elaine where his house is, so yes, this is VERY close to his home.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?jsid=3&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=St+Ann\'s+Catholic+Church&fb=1&cid=0,0,16164912016662311538&near=Opelousas,+LA&sa=X&ei=79D-T-LNMOOA2wXA6MSlBA&ved=0CAMQkwMwAw"]Google Maps[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea