LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the kind of anger I am feeling right about now! This man took someones child, sister, friend away and this is not ok. IMO, there needs to be a law(...Mickey's Law??) that sex offenders, if released, need to be wearing a monitoring bracelet...and NEVER removed. In another breath...My heart is with Mickey. Sorry for the rant..

I'm working on a new thread now & will bring over these most recent posts. Get ready to make the jump shortly!

Do any of the news stations have helicopters up?

I am so conflicted right now...I know the odds are extremely slim, but I was hoping she was alive. If there are human remains on that property, I hope they are Mickey's just because her family needs to be able to put her to rest & it will hopefully strengthen the case against BSL. Also, even if I hope they aren't Mickey, if they are indeed human remains, they belong to someone, and that's bad news for another family out there...and it could mean BSL has more victims- and I was kind of hoping if he killed Mickey, this was the first time he killed & there aren't other dead women.

Last week when BSL was arrested I just got the feeling that it was more important to Mickey that her perpetrator be found & taken off of the streets so he could not hurt anyone else. That would be her priority. She'd want him found & arrested. After he was put away, we would be able to find her. I guess since we know she's likely deceased, I have to hope this is her. :(

ETA: A forensic anthropologist friend of mine said after about 2 weeks a body in South Louisiana heat/humidity would likely be skeletonized (this process might be slowed depending on if the victim was clothed & what the clothes were made of and/or what kind -if any- of container the body was placed in). If it is Mickey, I hope her remains are in/with her clothes/shoulder bag/jewelry, etc so she can be at least preliminarily IDed before we (and more importantly, the Shunicks) have to wait weeks for a positive ID from lab results.

Maybe they need to pull "The Fifty Shades of Grey" off the bookshelves. I think it promotes and glamorize BDSM. I cant understand why this book is New York Times #1 Bestseller.

Although I have never read and do not plan to read the book mentioned, I do not think going Fahrenheit 451 on a book is going to help anything. There are plenty of resources out there that people can get "ideas" from and these types of crimes existed prior to the internet and publication of erotic material.

Sheriff Guidroz on KATC saying there were three locations of possible graves. They ruled out two. Crime Scene unit investigating third. Farmer called in tip about mounds on his property, which is only accessible by ATV, and cannot be reached by four wheel drive.

This is a strange case with so many possible scenarios. There are too many inconsistencies with reported dates and statements made etc.... It's very weird that he would go to all that trouble to commit that horrible crime for only a BJ..... Even if it was for control. Aren't there guys who find girls to control without breaking through their windows and tying them up? Hard to believe you would risk your life for a BJ, 8 years prison and a lifetime RSO. And now this....a possible life sentence or death if he ended MS life. I just dont get it. He must be really messed up in the head. Looks are so deceiving.

She shoulda bit it off. If she did and I heard about it I would laugh. I might of had an exclamation of surprise first, but I would laugh hard.

Locking up shortly... please [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178516"]follow this link to Thread #35[/ame].

I am guessing that he wised up and made a deal? Scared of the "Chair"

In cases like this, I sometimes wish we still used Old Sparky...for several years now, in Louisiana, lethal injection is used. It's much more comfortable for the convicted killer, after all. (insert sarcastic face)
Prayers for Mickey's family and friends this morning...it's been Hell. Waiting on some kind of confirmation re: the latest news of the shallow grave.

St. Landry Sheriff Bobby Guidroz live on TV-10: "We should know something for sure in two hours"

KLFY 10 Acadiana's Multimedia Station

St. Landry Sheriff Bobby Guidroz on TV-10 live right now. He says a farmer called in a tip.

St. Landry Sheriff Bobby Guidroz: Three possible grave sites, ruled out two sites. There is a third site under investigation.

Also, live on KATC Guidroz said they are having to get to site with 4-wheelers.

More info will be available in 2 hours from now. My time is approximately 9am CST. S around 11am CST.

The first orange jumpsuit mugshot only listed 2 charges--the kidnapping and murder ones. This newer one with the scar covered up lists 3--the failure to register as a sex offender has been added to the list. Maybe for whatever reason, they had to do a new mugshot when they added that. Idk.

And I agree, they def covered his scar on purpose.

Hopefully they will be adding arson and insurance fraud to that list as well!

Locking up in 3... 2....

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178516"]Portal to Thread #35
[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member