LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
KLFY is reporting St. Landry Sheriff confirms possible grave site 2 miles west of BSL home. Can someone please link it from any Acadiana news site? I'm posting from my phone... Thanks! :)

I dont even know whether to hope it is Mickey, or hope that it isnt. Despite how we all would like this to end, I think most of us know how it is probably going to end. So for her family's sake, I want them to find her body if she is dead., One thing I will say, if this shallow grave IS Mickey, so close to Lavergne's home, I would think that should make a conviction of him MUCH easier. JMO

at first at thought, nah, it's just katc wanting something "new" to talk about this morning, but then when i saw the crime scene unit, i figured that they are taking it seriously.

Seems when we get to these moments we have mixed feelings. We want Victims found but when they are it's so difficult. I do pray it's her for her Family's sake. The only good i could walk away with if this is Mickey is she didn't end up in water never to be found. I hope there is some evidence he left behind. Waiting with baited breath. Have to leave soon but will be back this aft.

Seems when we get to these moments we have mixed feelings. We want Victims found but when they are it's so difficult. I do pray it's her for her Family's sake. The only good i could walk away with if this is Mickey is she didn't end up in water never to be found. I hope there is some evidence he left behind. Waiting with baited breath. Have to leave soon but will be back this aft.

Exactly. I find myself confused about what to pray for. Not a day goes by where I don't think of Mickey.

Peace be with the Shunicks right now, however this unfolds. Who knows how many girls could be buried at that property. :(

Or does anyone else think if he did bury her that way, she's probably not his first victim? (Of course that is if he is found guilty.) However, it almost feels to me like his actions show him to either be a serial killer, or someone who was on the way to being one. And I'm also curious as to who gave the tip that drove them there the news is reporting. While this makes me incredibly sad if it is her, I would rather her be returned to her family. I could not imagine never knowing.

Or does anyone else think if he did bury her that way, she's probably not his first victim? (Of course that is if he is found guilty.) However, it almost feels to me like his actions show him to either be a serial killer, or someone who was on the way to being one. And I'm also curious as to who gave the tip that drove them there the news is reporting. While this makes me incredibly sad if it is her, I would rather her be returned to her family. I could not imagine never knowing.

I and many others have expressed the same thoughts. I find it hard to believe he remained quiet after 4 years out of jail. The not knowing is beyond comprehension.

Not really sure what to say.
I just hope that if they do find Mickey buried there, that they don't stop digging. I'm thinking this wasn't his first time, and maybe they might be able to bring closure to some other families.

HUNDREDS of high-school kids vandalize a graveyard? WTH? The last incident like that in my county was in 2008 involving four teenagers. There was so much outrage and disgust. I'm glad I don't live in a place where that's considered acceptable.

Its an old old slave graveyard and there are expire human bone duevto wear and tear over time an also repeated vandalism. Here's the legend okay.....a slave woman was killed supposedly for being a witch. And her little boy was supposedly chained to the headstone or something to die......thus the name bee tag BOY.......and yes for years and years high school kids have gone there to try to test out and see if they can hear voices or whatever. Never been there but I know more than five people who have......I was in middle school when people in high school got in trouble for vandalizing the graves or taking things better yet because from what I hear there is no vandalism to really be done to get to the human remains (bones) all the cement coverings to the graves and headstones are crumbling. It was a slave graveyard and IMO there wasn't much care put into burying them or upkeep. Its not like they went and busted them up it was more like they picked stuff up off the ground.IMO
<modsnip>

Our next live cut-in will be at 8:25 - however, as always, we'll cut in to programming immediately if breaking news needs to be broadcast. KATC's Chris Welty is live this morning in St. Landry Parish where deputies investigate a possible grave near suspect Brandon Lavergne's home.

I don't want to say I hope this leads to Mickey, but I believe he did in fact murder her, therefore I do hope she is found today, and the closer to an area that can be linked to him, the better.

St. Anne's Church is the holding ground for the media right now per KATC.

LE using cadaver dogs searching grave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member