LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps BSL believed that Mickey wasn't a virgin, which would make her a "*advertiser censored*" (in his eyes) and she "deserved" to die.

There are plenty of those types of killers out there! They appear rather prevalent actually. I think it would be hard pressed to see that little darling as a *advertiser censored* though.

Hey it says IT was the cousin...NOT IIIIIIII was the cousin.....so no it was probably less scary for her! Lol

Oh Lordy! It must be past my bedtime. I had to go back and look at that again. And I put so much thought into what to say! I will be giggling in my sleep tonight over that.

Well everything else in his past is all rumor! So really that one incident before this one (Mickey) is all anyone can base any judgement of his character on....so if you are questioning that one incident there really is nothing left.....if he vandalized that graveyard guess what....so did literally hundreds of other high-school kids in the area. It is supposedly haunted! ....as fir the housefires...there is a convicted serial arsonist in him family!

HUNDREDS of high-school kids vandalize a graveyard? WTH? The last incident like that in my county was in 2008 involving four teenagers. There was so much outrage and disgust. I'm glad I don't live in a place where that's considered acceptable.

I am agreeing with you as far as "maybe the crime isn't as much of a crime as it seems"
Something isn't right IMO. IMO not only would he have made sure to take the washcloth with him...but IMO even if it were consentual the girl would not say so because she wouldn't tell her mom or her cousin whom was his girlfriend IMO.....also the baby momma took the child to see him in prison...so that IMO would seem to indicate that she maybe doubted the cousins story too! All moo

We are treading thin ice here and don't want to sleuth the victim. But I will say, IF IF IF the "crime wasn't as much of a crime" and he ended up doing 8 years and becoming a lifetime Tier 3 RSO for it, that could definitely be motivation for revenge when he finally got out. Can you just imagine, sitting and stewing about it, all the rage that would build up inside you? Going through whatever rehabilitation measures they require? What's it called when, if someone accuses you of doing or being something, you end up doing or being it? Self fulfilling prophecy? Like in a relationship where one partner constantly accuses the other partner of cheating, and it leads to that person cheating. I know it's wild and out there but he did not take that washcloth with him. Either he was an inexperienced perp and just make the dumbest mistake ever (probably), or he didn't take it with him b/c he didn't anticipate police getting involved. We know he has the violent streak, evident by the domestic abuse--and if he was even a shred less guilty than he was found to be, that could definitely have created a monster. Now, I don't think this is as likely a scenario. I think he was and is guilty on all charges.

There are plenty of those types of killers out there! They appear rather prevalent actually. I think it would be hard pressed to see that little darling as a *advertiser censored* though.

It does not take much for A LOT of people to think of someone as a *advertiser censored*. It seems like society has made it so you're either a prude or a *advertiser censored*. BSL is a messed up guy, maybe he thought she was coming on to him in his sick ways. Or in his head, he thought she was coming home from a one-night stand. IDK, I am just speculating here.

I agree with that. I do not think it is compassion but I do not understand why he didn't force himself as most rapists do. That I suppose I will never know. Entire situation just does not make sense.

Maybe he couldn't make it happen, and that is why he needed her to do what she did. Lots of rapists are impotent.

I am agreeing with you as far as "maybe the crime isn't as much of a crime as it seems"
Something isn't right IMO. IMO not only would he have made sure to take the washcloth with him...but IMO even if it were consentual the girl would not say so because she wouldn't tell her mom or her cousin whom was his girlfriend IMO.....also the baby momma took the child to see him in prison...so that IMO would seem to indicate that she maybe doubted the cousins story too! All moo
He would not necessarily have remembered to take the washcloth. Criminals often get sloppy and make mistakes, and thank goodness they do. The "anger" rapist is generally disorganized and makes a swift, brutal attack. He doesn't stick around to attend to the clean up. Keep in mind, BSL was still relatively young and probably inexperienced at the time. Nothing I've read about the rape is inconsistent with the actions of other known rapists.

Two telephones had been yanked from the wall, and there were muddy footprints on the wall underneath a window. A doctor noted bruises to her body, and signs that her wrists had been tied. Unusual for a consensual act. Further, she was related to a former gf, so no reason to hide it from her. And if she didn't want anyone to think she had invited the guy over, why identify him? Why not just say she was attacked by a stranger? For that matter, I doubt she would have reported it at all. She probably would have done what so many young women do when they trust the wrong guy, hide the bruises and live quietly with the shame.

We are treading thin ice here and don't want to sleuth the victim. But I will say, IF IF IF the "crime wasn't as much of a crime" and he ended up doing 8 years and becoming a lifetime Tier 3 RSO for it, that could definitely be motivation for revenge when he finally got out. Can you just imagine, sitting and stewing about it, all the rage that would build up inside you? Going through whatever rehabilitation measures they require? What's it called when, if someone accuses you of doing or being something, you end up doing or being it? Self fulfilling prophecy? Like in a relationship where one partner constantly accuses the other partner of cheating, and it leads to that person cheating. I know it's wild and out there but he did not take that washcloth with him. Either he was an inexperienced perp and just make the dumbest mistake ever (probably), or he didn't take it with him b/c he didn't anticipate police getting involved. We know he has the violent streak, evident by the domestic abuse--and if he was even a shred less guilty than he was found to be, that could definitely have created a monster. Now, I don't think this is as likely a scenario. I think he was and is guilty on all charges.

I agree with all you say here including the last sentence. There was a man a few years ago that had been falsely accused of a crime, murder, I think. Eventually he was released when the real perp was caught. Then a girl disappeared and her remains were found on his land. He turned into a murderer. I may not have all the minute details correct but it was national news.

Even guilty as charged, he would still blame the victim.

Practical Aspects of Rape Investigation...

Rape Investigation Handbook

Anger Rapist -- Goal to Torture

So much empathy for animals that your name is a sausage :floorlaugh:

Yep, and it's made from parts of the pig most people don't wanna eat, mixed with rice and I didn't kill it nor make it!

Even guilty as charged, he would still blame the victim.

True in most cases.

I actually got an apology letter sent to me from prison years ago. It was more of a date-rape situation, the guy is definitely not a serial rapist.

True in most cases.

I actually got an apology letter sent to me from prison years ago. It was more of a date-rape situation, the guy is definitely not a serial rapist.
I hope you framed it. ;) Seriously, people sometimes do make bad, foolish mistakes and later feel remorse. I'm one who believes that many convicted criminals can be rehabilitated. Apologizing to a victim is a big step, so my hat goes off to that guy.

Here's an article from yesterday afternoon that talks about the traffic cameras near Whiskey Bay.

They are not designed for security or surveillance, she said. They provide a snapshot every 10 seconds. And she said the images are not archived so that investigators could go back and scan them.

I know someone who was raped in a similar manner as the victim. It was before "acquaintance rape" was in crime terminology. An apartment manager repeatedly asked her over to his apartment to have a beer and talk as friends. She refused several times, but he charmingly talked her into it.

Anyway, after getting her in his apartment, he gave her a beer, most likely laced with something. They began to talk, and she said that he suddenly lunged at her, held her down on the floor by crushing her jaw and teeth with his forehead, almost breaking her jaw. She managed somehow (adrenalin, I suppose) to push him away and scream, knowing that he was capable of ending her life.

The "oral battery" happened, not a vaginal rape. However, she knew that police would not believe her, because, as said earlier, this is before police acknowledged "acquaintance" or "date" rape, and the term "oral battery" was non-existant. She knew that if she tried to report it, she would not be believed, and further humiliation would be thrown at her. She was stalked by this perp. after that, but she managed somehow to move out of the building to live with a friend.

At least in the case of the victim here, it was a time when she was believed. I'm also guessing that someone close to her, like her mom, insisted that she report it. Thank God for that.

JMO - I think that Mickey fought the perp., turned the weapon on him in self defense. He escalated, became totally enraged, and stabbed her.

They don't shave themselves in jail. The jail barbers do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billyidaho