LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive if previously posted -
Lavergne suspect already in death of a young woman
Read more:
http://www.kaplantoday.com/view/full...home_news_lead

Very interesting article! Here is the part that stood out to me the most (bbm):

"Lavergne’s run-ins with the law are documented in public and non-public case files in four parish seats -- Evangeline, St. Landry, Acadia and Vernon.

He got a 10-year prison sentence in Evangeline after pleading guilty in a case involving his climbing into a young woman’s room in April 1999, threatening her and forcing her to have oral sex. He served seven years in prison and did three years of successful probation.

At the time, Lavergne was in the U.S. Army, stationed at Fort Polk. Vernon Parish sources who requested anonymity say records indicate he was also accused of, but not arrested or charged with, rape during his time there.

<modsnip>

Also in 1999 the remains of a missing woman were found in an isolated part of Acadia Parish.

Normally reliable law enforcement sources say Lavergne was among persons of interest in that case. Authorities were never able to close the circle of evidence and charge anyone in what was considered by them a homicide

Current Acadia Parish Sheriff&#8217;s Chief Investigator Keith Latiolais said that case remains open but unsolved and could not comment regarding any history of the investigation details. "

<modsnip>

boxcutters are just used to cut cardboard boxes. it can't really cause life threatening injuries unless you slice an artery in the neck or wrist, which would be hard to do in a struggle. so therefore not a very good self defense weapon as it would only cause superficial injuries unless you're lucky

220px-Box-cutter.jpg

Yeah that's what I thought it was we call them Stanley knives lol. At work once I was opening boxes and too busy talking and sliced my hand with one of those. Ahh ouch! It took about 6 months to heal properly and that was without sutures.

boxcutters are just used to cut cardboard boxes. it can't really cause life threatening injuries unless you slice an artery in the neck or wrist, which would be hard to do in a struggle. so therefore not a very good self defense weapon as it would only cause superficial injuries unless you're lucky

220px-Box-cutter.jpg

I thought box cutters were used in the Sept. 11 attacks? Seemed to have worked there-----maybe cuz so many of them?

Question....BSL stated that his wallet was stolen in the police report in NOLA. So his driver's license was obviously there. Would his TWIC card for offshore probably also be there? If so, he'd have to get that 'replaced' in a certain period of time, I imagine. Anyone know how difficult it would be to get a replacement if he had done so to cover his story of his wallet being stolen?

According to a friend that works offshore if one reports his twic card lost or stolen one will still be able to go offshore bc a copy of the card is kept by the company. Some ports don't even bother asking workers to see the card everytime they go back to work, some are strict and some aren't. Same with Safety cards which some plants/rigs require.

Still haven't received or found anything saying how long it takes a new card to come in but it seems like a simple claim and fee would get a new one issued.:moo:

http://twicinformation.tsa.dhs.gov/twicinfo/faqs.jsp#lost
up to two weeks to receive new card

I just saw a post on Katc facebook from yesterday that someone saw Texas Equusearch searching on 187 in Church point. Does anyone know if Equusearch is officially back searching? Or was the poster mistaking volunteers for Equusearch?

http://texasequusearch.org/2012/07/missing-michaela-mickey-shunick-22-yrs-lafayette-la-051912/

07/14/12 — Texas EquuSearch has returned to Lafatette, LA to assist Lafayetted Police Department in locating Mickey Shunick. We will be using Texas EquuSearch members ONLY. No civilian volunteers will be allowed to search with us on this search.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8146952#post8146952"]LA **Mickey Shunick FACT CHECK NO DISCUSSION LIST ONLY** - Page 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

But then what was I doing out at 3 a.m., then, by myself?

If his GF was going to not marry him, he very well COULD have been out drinking alone. IMO we haven't paid enough attention to his recent state of mind. Despite his history, we need to filter this through what was going on with him in May, 2012.

The family did not confront BSL's gf until the night of the 25th. The guy who posted his SIL's connection to BSL on TD posted this himself.

Two hours Lafayette to New Orleans. I live in both cities.

If you travel Hwy 90 from Opelousas it takes 3 hours. Then there may have been traffic.

220px-Box-cutter.jpg

That type there... the blade is also scored and the tip can be snapped off for a fresh blade...

depositphotos_5231801-Box-cutter-blade.jpg
This type holds an single edge razor blade.

s4%20box%20cutter%20blades.jpg

single-edge-cutter-blade-938.jpg

I thought box cutters were used in the Sept. 11 attacks? Seemed to have worked there-----maybe cuz so many of them?

i mean they'll definitely cut you for sure. and no one wants to be cut. especially by a terrorist that will take a hostage that will more than likely be passive so they can cut them where ever they want. just personally, if i was a victim against a larger man that means me harm, i think a box cutter would be very very difficult to make him stop attacking you. he may even find it comical. a normal person will stay away from you if you have a boxcutter (as in 9/11). but a 220lb RSO??? not so much

JMO

A few years in prison would have been preferable to life in prison or a death penalty for murder.

I don't think he was planning on getting caught and serving a sentence. If he turned himself in for the accident he was going to serve time. If he got rid of her and all things involved he would get away with it. I imagine he was thinking along those lines anyway, JMO. :fence:

The family did not confront BSL's gf until the night of the 25th. The guy who posted his SIL's connection to BSL on TD posted this himself.

If you travel Hwy 90 from Opelousas it takes 3 hours. Then there may have been traffic
True...
Think about it for a min. He is stabbed and driving a truck that a murder possibly occured in. He is going to try and stay off the highways as much as possible!

IMO he'd take the road less traveled! I'd also say he did NOT travel back towards the abduction location...

He went the looonnngg way.
:seeya:
this is the direction I think he went... I know it's highway but I wouldn't know what side roads go where.
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=R...on+Highway&t=h&mra=dvme&mrsp=1&sz=9&via=1&z=9

Also The Huey? Bridge was closed all weekend... so he may have had to take an alternate route.
~speculation...

Hi y'all. This is my first post here. I've been reading and reading for days, it seems, and appreciate all of the sleuthing. This is a very complex case, and I'm sure LE is doing everything they can to ensure the integrity of it. I have a few ponderings to share with the forum, things I haven't seen addressed yet.

~ in order to get a replacement DL or ID, you have to have some other form of ID to prove who you are. I got the impression from some of the posts that you simply walk into the DMV, and they give you a new one. You can certainly get one easily enough, but with proper ID.
[snipped by Acadian) :)

You do not have to have another form of ID to obtain a duplicate DL or ID...OMV has every DL/ID recipient's latest photo on computer and can pull it up in a matter of seconds using the name (and DOB if needed). I used to work for the OMV ;)

Im so glad to see the rumors are being addressed. They do us no good and just delays what we are all after: To find Mickey and give her family some closure. I for one, know how it is to loose a loved one from foul play. With no answers and what ifs I think not having recovery of a body is the most difficult part. It took 3 years to find what little we did of my daddy: which was what helped identify him (his jaw bone and shoulder) It still pains me to know that somewhere up in no mans land is the rest of him. So with that said: I think we should all put are heads together and come up with possible areas they should search. The investigators said to call in any thing that the public might have (locations) so we can put this beauty to rest. JMO off course God bless you Mick and Shunicks. One day, you will have the answers you seek, for now BRING MICKEY HOME NOW!

OK facts.
&#9830;DWT and Mickey meet up. Unknown occupants.
&#9830;evidence shows DWT hit bike.
&#9830;evidence shows DWT and BSL at WB
&#9830;Owner of DWT shows up for treatment for stab wounds.
several hours after DWT was last near victim.
&#9830;DWT reported stolen.
&#9830;NWT bought exactly like DWT
&#9830;DWT found burned.

"Clues collected from her bicycle, found submerged in the Whiskey Bay area eventually led police to the accused killer of Mickey Shunick."
His prints are in the data base
Wasn't "submerged" misreported? It was just on a pile of garbage?
"A link that allegedly connected Lavergne to the case was developed from the Whiskey Bay crime scene, sources said."
Link to connect BSL to Mickey... crime scene?
What did they find of Mickey's there?

http://www.raynetoday.com/view/full_stor....ate_left_column

Speculation:
what could the link be?
(that might also even have two sets of prints on it???)
Maybe just hers and his?

Her can of mace? She pulled it out he took it and tossed it WITH the bike
not KNOWING she still had a weapon....

Then the MAJOR crime scene is at the home. Where he also gets stabbed?
Luminol...Clean up?

Truck burned out... he placed her in the cab of truck to
transport her to- wherever?

...maybe they found HIS blood on the bike.

i mean they'll definitely cut you for sure. and no one wants to be cut. especially by a terrorist that will take a hostage that will more than likely be passive so they can cut them where ever they want. just personally, if i was a victim against a larger man that means me harm, i think a box cutter would be very very difficult to make him stop attacking you. he may even find it comical. a normal person will stay away from you if you have a boxcutter (as in 9/11). but a 220lb RSO??? not so much

JMO

There was a captain of Sayeret Matkal, Israel's special anti-terror and assassin unit, on flight 11. His name was Captain Daniel Lewin. Out of every 2500 Israelis who try to make this unit, only 25 make it and one is chosen captain. Captain Lewin could reportedly bench press more than 300 pounds and squat nearly 500. Yet, he was reportedly killed by Satam al-Suqami, one of the skinniest highjackers, armed only with a box cutter.

That being said, my guess is the injury on Lavergne's kneck was caused by Shunick desperately grabbing and, out of desperation and with a rush of adrenalin, pulling and actually causing a deep tear in his skin.

There was a captain of Sayeret Matkal, Israel's special anti-terror and assassin unit, on flight 11. His name was Captain Daniel Lewin. Out of every 2500 Israelis who try to make this unit, only 25 make it and one is chosen captain. Captain Lewin could reportedly bench press more than 300 pounds and squat nearly 500. Yet, he was reportedly killed by Satam al-Suqami, one of the skinniest highjackers, armed only with a box cutter.

That being said, my guess is the injury on Lavergne's kneck was caused by Shunick desperately grabbing and, out of desperation and with a rush of adrenalin, pulling and actually causing a deep tear in his skin.

I agree but only if there is enough pressure, the cut was on a major artery or there isn’t a struggle i.e. a 220 pound male holding/pinning her down compared to 100 pound female. I from experience no that even if you try as hard as you can with a sharp object to injure your attacker (attacker being a male who is 10 times stronger then a female) you will only make superficial wounds. IMP and experience

Forgive if previously posted -
Lavergne suspect already in death of a young woman
Read more:
http://www.kaplantoday.com/view/full...home_news_lead

snip

Also in 1999 the remains of a missing woman were found in an isolated part of Acadia Parish.

Normally reliable law enforcement sources say Lavergne was among persons of interest in that case. Authorities were never able to close the circle of evidence and charge anyone in what was considered by them a homicide.

Current Acadia Parish Sheriff’s Chief Investigator Keith Latiolais said that case remains open but unsolved and could not comment regarding any history of the investigation details.

Investigative files on open cases are not public record. Lavergne has never been arrested on any charges in Acadia Parish, according to the criminal court record.

Read more: VermilionToday.com - Lavergne suspect already in death of a young woman
http://www.kaplantoday.com/view/ful...eath-of-a-young-woman?instance=home_news_lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52