IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyric's mom, dad, and brother on JVM

12:27pm is unconfirmed report and gossip.

Please if you are talking about this time, please provide sources. They only found about the bikes on the trail near the lake around 3pm.

yes it is a rumor... and not reported in the msm at this time

we are working on getting the local who posted this information verified.

I haven't been verified though I am happy to. What do I need to do?

Ollipop, what are your thoughts on the bikes being dumped?

I only say that because someone could pull into that small driveway like a worker and within a minute or two, be at the place the bikes were found to dump them all under the cover of trees. Though the trees are not super thick, they are thick enough to hide you from the highway above. Know what I mean?

I agree that this small part of the trail creeps me out. Even riding it as an adult, I just want to hurry up and get through it. It's small, secluded, and hard to see whos coming ahead. I cant imagine two little girls deciding to get off their bikes in this spot of all places. I can't imagine that they hadnt been seen elsewhere if they indeed rode bikes to the lake that day.

I'd be willing to be verified as well. Watching this one closely. The last time I remember a missing child case in Evansdale (20+ years ago), it didn't end well., I'm praying that this will turn out much better.

Ollipop, Nikkiw319-- if the girls did indeed ride their bikes to the lake, what route do you think they would have taken- Riverforest or Evans? If they would have ridden down Evans, they would have likely passed Fareway (a local grocery store) and as busy as the store is, I would have thought that someone would have seen two kids on bikes while entering or leaving the Fareway parking lot. Wonder if receipts could be pulled from Friday, during a specific time frame.

And, as much as I'm a little wary of the possible findings in the lake, hopefully something more will be found (shoes, clothing, etc.)

ita... I think one of the locals posted that he rode to the gas station (few minutes ride)

something is off with the last seen time imhoo... (maybe grandma wasn't looking at a clock or her clock was off)

either way this is one of the tightest timelines I have ever seen....:eek:

Yep, extremely tight timeline.

The girls drove directly to the bike dump location, and were totally gone, not seen, not heard, by the time the tipster drove through a few minutes later or.............??????? Last time of sight is incorrect.

JVM says bikes found on a DIRT path.

New info, or error?

Girls have taken the trip many times with no problems

but grandma claims they asked her if they could go for a bike ride and she last *saw* them at 1215 when they left on the short bike ride...

also previous outfits would most likely be found scattered on the floor if they changed (if they are anything like my tween son who also changes his clothes a few times a day)

but true maybe that is what the confusion is related to... maybe there was evidence of clothing being changed but no idea what outfits they changed into.

Elizabeth has three siblings. If the grandmother was watching all five children ((Lyric, Elizabeth and Elizabeth's three siblings), she may have been too occupied to notice exactly what the girls were wearing.

jmv "going to try and solve the issue of what they were wearing. How where the bikes left? where their kickstands, dumped, lying around" <---might be a few words off

sounds like no grandma now (they were advertising it all day)

goin to talk to lyrics mom, dad, and brother

Interesting... the media has been reporting both families to be very strong members of the Heartland Church in Cedar Falls, IA... wonder if they will be making it to the prayer vigil?

jvm: did the bikes look like their were placed their deliberately by the girls or scattered as if they were dumped there?

parents didn't know the purse was 20ft away. weren't allowed back by the bikes :(

Misty and Daniel - Lyric's parents

mom was at work, gas station, gma called and said she couldn't find the girls.

bikes discovered abt 4pm. purse and cell phone abt 20ft away

when dad got there, abt 5pm, dad has no idea how bikes were positioned. bikes were going west on trail. dad didn't know purse was 20ft away. dad says they haven't received any updates.

mom has taken a polygraph this am. dad has not done poly yet - to do later.

extensive interviews of family members

mom did polygraph today, dan is doing his later. other family members did theirs yesterday.

Lyric's mom and dad on JVM now... I am still uncomfortable with how comfortable the mom is during this interview... smiling... doesn't seem worried. Maybe I'm just paranoid?

Mom and dad appear "together". Holding hands.

Not sure what to make of Misty.....she is actually smiling at times.....the father looks much more distressed than her....says they took poly

Lyric's mom and dad on JVM now... I am still uncomfortable with how comfortable the mom is during this interview... smiling... doesn't seem worried. Maybe I'm just paranoid?

I guess I am too.....

DM appears very concerned visually
baffling to him
impressed with FBI and appreciates all the help from the public

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics