CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is interesting you bring this up-RB's attorneys had NO IDEA of the existence of the poison pen letter mailed by RB to her father's attorney just 10 days before he disappeared. They argued vigorously to keep it out. You will see that in the trial minutes, but it was interesting to me. The judge admitted it, which I also found extremely interesting. Speaks to motive. That is why Mrs Harrod's attorney wanted it included.

I feel sorry for RB's lawyer. The worst kind of client is the one who lies, withholds, prevaricates and generally does their best to ensure their lawyer will look like an uninformed idjit in front of the judge.

And yet, even though she is a POI in Bob's disappearance, the court did appoint her conservator. <shaking head> Without Gitana's helpful links, I would never understand that.

Puts the family in a very uncomfortable position, I imagine. Who is legally eligible and who isn't?

Sadly, I think this bunch is terrified of poverty. So terrified that they are willing to lose their honour and integrity to avoid it. They don't understand that poverty is not so bad if you are rich in family and friends to love.

I know I'm answering my own post but I just had a massive "oh DUH!" moment.

I'd wondered, on and off, why PB and RB are co-conservators and JuM was left out.

Well, duh. There's a good chance LE will reveal reasons to disqualify JuM as a conservator (or heir, for that matter). Knowing about a criminal matter and not reporting it to LE is being an accessory, either before or after the fact.

I know I'm answering my own post but I just had a massive "oh DUH!" moment.

I'd wondered, on and off, why PB and RB are co-conservators and JuM was left out.

Well, duh. There's a good chance LE will reveal reasons to disqualify JuM as a conservator (or heir, for that matter). Knowing about a criminal matter and not reporting it to LE is being an accessory, either before or after the fact.

I believe she was at one time and then was replaced. I wonder sometimes how well they get along, but sibling stuff would definitely predate Bob's disappearance. IIRC, there was an online brawl once that ensued regarding RB charging rent to JuM when the Michaels had to flee their property because of wild fires and they stayed with RB. If this event happened as reported by JuM, well then I would say all is not cozy between these sisters because that has to be one of the coldest things I have ever read. Then again, perhaps the reverse would be true as well.

So where is Bob? Maybe we can list some formal and informal opinions as to where everyone thinks he is right now?

I believe she was at one time and then was replaced. I wonder sometimes how well they get along, but sibling stuff would definitely predate Bob's disappearance. IIRC, there was an online brawl once that ensued regarding RB charging rent to JuM when the Michaels had to flee their property because of wild fires and they stayed with RB. If this event happened as reported by JuM, well then I would say all is not cozy between these sisters because that has to be one of the coldest things I have ever read. Then again, perhaps the reverse would be true as well.

So where is Bob? Maybe we can list some formal and informal opinions as to where everyone thinks he is right now?

Thanks. Just speculating, but I wonder if JuM was replaced as a conservator, whether it had anything to do with AH's previous bankruptcy. I also wonder whether JuM and JeM found out JuM was replaced during the "heated family meeting." I would think that would spark some serious anger.

I have a question. Were the cadaver dogs ever ran through Bob's house? I can't Imagine that Fontelle would object to it. And is it too late to try it now?

Mel

I have a question. Were the cadaver dogs ever ran through Bob's house? I can't Imagine that Fontelle would object to it. And is it too late to try it now?

Mel

She definitely wouldnt object, and Oriah can weigh in on how it would work. As to whether or not it has been done, I would love to know if OC Sheriff's CSI Unit has a group of dogs attached to the TraKRS Unit.

Absolutely-we have about 1000 pages to comb, organize and post...it is some very interesting reading. There have been a ton of filings in this case. I am most looking forward to getting opinions on the remaining trial transcripts, and the accounting that has been filed (or not filed) over the last two years.

Accounting for 2009 interests me most-this was prior to the legal appointment of the co conservators and after Bob disappeared. It will be interesting to see what happened to the accounts at that time and whether or not withdrawals were made in advance of any appointments. That is also where we will need gitana's guidance I suspect!

Yes, I'm sure guidance is needed when wading-thru 800-1000 pages, sheesh!

What happened to the paypal acct to pay for these docs?

As it turns-out, I *may* need to visit the O.C. Courthouse in the week or two ahead. I will be happy to obtain any docs needed, and put them up for all to view asap.

I've got my multi-page scanner at the ready and Cloud space too, so please let me know.

~jmo~

She definitely wouldnt object, and Oriah can weigh in on how it would work. As to whether or not it has been done, I would love to know if OC Sheriff's CSI Unit has a group of dogs attached to the TraKRS Unit.

Aged but well preserved crime scenes are sort of like water in a desert to K9 units that train for that specific purpose. They are like the placebo effect- a true test of whether something works scientifically or not. I don't know how well preserved the Harrod's home is. I feel fairly certain that it has been disturbed, but at the same time overlooked as a possibly well preserved scene- if that makes any sense?

CS investigators help to reconstruct crime scenes using forensic evidence and working scent K9's are not a lot different from their human counterparts. They take a scent and apply it to a footprint, or a tire track, a handprint, whatever it is they have been trained to 'examine' specifically with a scent.

It would not surprise me if a properly and specifically trained dog could (even now) work through their home and find an area of interest that could then be corroborated by further diagnostics.

HTHs?

Yes, I'm sure guidance is needed when wading-thru 800-1000 pages, sheesh!

What happened to the paypal acct to pay for these docs?

As it turns-out, I *may* need to visit the O.C. Courthouse in the week or two ahead. I will be happy to obtain any docs needed, and put them up for all to view asap.

I've got my multi-page scanner at the ready and Cloud space too, so please let me know.

~jmo~

How cool-I hope it is for pleasure! Grab anything that you think might help you with your decisionmaking too. For me thwe civil case is the key to the motivation for Bobs disappearance.

As for the paypal,we didnt need it which was cool. If we need it again in the future we can set it up. :)

How cool-I hope it is for pleasure! Grab anything that you think might help you with your decisionmaking too. For me thwe civil case is the key to the motivation for Bobs disappearance.

Thanks! No, business trip, but hopefully one with positive results.

I'm so looking fwd to seeing the docs you have obtained! If my trip materializes, I'll be glad to get any others you might need to fill-in as well.

Where is Bob? :-/

~jmo~

524229_486628414695924_1264448932_n.jpg

This was making the rounds on Facebook and I thought it was somehow appropriate.

Well, perpetrators of crime always hate the truth. I suppose that's one reason so much effort has gone into muddying the truth regarding Mr. Harrod's disappearance. Muddying things like the timeline, handy man - special odd jobs, continued efforts to make persons already cleared appear as if they weren't cleared.

The truth is a beautiful thing. I can't wait for it to make a full appearance in Mr. Harrod's case. In the mean time, I'm looking forward to seeing the doc's as soon as they can be sorted through. The truth slowly reveals itself in Mr. Harrod's case.

Is there something we need to do, to get even some of the docs up for all to view?

So doing would help me when I visit the Courthouse, to bring whatever is missing or needed.

TIA!

~jmo~

:bump:

Back to page one. Praying for justice for Mr Harrod.

Halfway down page 2 is no place for this thread. Bumping back to page 1.

Halfway down page 2 is no place for this thread. Bumping back to page 1.

Sadly, in terms of news, this thread -- like so many others -- would be many pages down on the list.

Hopefully, some new information such as the docs will provide discussion material with the goal of finding Robert Harrod and what happened to him.

As always, I am wondering where Bob is...missing nearly 3 years ago now. :-(

~jmo~

Long time lurker and I believe it would be most appropriate to post this letter entered as exhibit #19 from the hearing of October 31st 2011. I would like to call your attention to what I see as a glaring venom filled letter. RB called Bobs attorney on a Friday nite because she was so concerned about the bypass trust. How many of us could or would call an attorney in the evening to rant and rave about a trust?

Then in January she was putting together a demand letter with both of her sisters. Bob got wind of it and immediately went after JM son-n-law. Why??? Just a guess, but maybe Bob thought JM was pushing the daughters to get their dues. In any case there appears to be no love loss between the two of them.

Next once the daughters got the information letter from Bob&#8217;s attorney. It becomes apparent to RB that the bypass trust is a tax shelter for Bob. This is why she wanted clarification of the wording &#8220;if he needs&#8221; and &#8220;standards set forth in the trust instrument&#8221;

It appears that she is approaching panic mode. Note the words and phrases. &#8220;the rights of beneficiaries&#8221;&#8230;&#8221;incompetent or suspected improper handling of our mothers bypass trust&#8221;&#8230;&#8221;as beneficiary, I am entitled to&#8221;&#8230; &#8220;speculation&#8221;&#8230;&#8221;suspicion very stressful for me to endure&#8221;&#8230;&#8221;speculation and suspicion&#8221;&#8230;&#8221;legal rights of beneficiaries&#8221;&#8230;&#8221; family strife suffering&#8221;

This letter was written and sent just ten days before Bob vanished from his home. There is no doubt in my mind that this letter set the tone of the meeting Sunday the 26th of July 2009 the day before JM came over to take care of some needs at Bobs home.

HBilly Jack

Happy Fathers Day Mr. Harrod.

3 years ago today, 10 days prior to Bob's disappearance, this letter was generated to Bob's atty. A demand from his child, one who he paid to stay away, for an accounting of "their" share of Bob's money. The money that was his when he survived Georgia.

I wonder-if Georgia had survived Bob, would there have been an equivelent letter and situation? Or was Georgia one who gave and gave to her daughters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl