IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a daily news conference? I thought I heard yesterday they were not going to do them daily unless they have new info. Would be nice to know if one is being planned for today. Hoping they have something!

(CNN) -- An FBI dive team will arrive in Evansdale, Iowa, on Thursday as authorities slowly drain a lake where the bicycles of two missing girls were found.

The team will use sonar to check the lake when the water level is considered "drained," and divers will probably wait until Friday, when the 25-acre lake reaches its lowest level, FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said. The lake is draining more slowly than expected, authorities said.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/19/justice/iowa-missing-cousins/index.html

Maybe they are doing the sonar, or have done it and know something?

SBM

Are you sure it was Nebraska?

There was a prosecutor who went missing but he was in Pennsylvania. Ray Gricar was the district attorney for Centre County, Pennsylvania and went missing in 2005.

In 1998, after one victim's mother contacted LE about Jerry Sandusky, LE had a taped conversation in which Sandusky affirmed that the mother was right to be angry with him. LE was ready to go after him at the time but Ray Gricar declined to do so.

Personally, I doubt Sandusky was part of a ring. He had plenty of access to potential victims and plenty to use to lure them, so what would he gain from being part of a ring? Plus, from everything I've read about him, Sandusky seems to me to be one of those who was in love with his victims. Or maybe it would be more accurate to say he was emotionally fixated on them.

If I am correct, Sandusky would be highly unlikely to participate in "passing around" victims.

the alleged ring was in Nebraska but was nationwide. if you google Johnny Gosch his mother Noreen has a web site with a link to the documentary and what all she believes happened to Johnny as well as supposid pics that turned up.

I pray that this is going to end well. My stomach is churning.

If they stopped draining the lake I am hoping it's either that they are ready to send in the dive crew (that it is drained enough for them to go in) OR that they have a break in the case.

Ugh...I just feel like I could vomit right now. Praying these girls are found alive.:please:

Found an article that says its because the divers need at least 6ft of water to dive in... they're going to go in and search the larger holes.

the alleged ring was in Nebraska but was nationwide. if you google Johnny Gosch his mother Noreen has a web site with a link to the documentary and what all she believes happened to Johnny as well as supposid pics that turned up.

I watched really long interviews of the mother talking on youtube and they are mind boggling!

snip:

FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault confirmed a California dive team is on the way to Evansdale. Breault says the dive team needs at least six feet of water to work, which is why the request has been made to stop draining the water. Divers will also search the deeper holes of water in the lake.

The dive team will be at the lake Friday at the latest.

so it is now another wait...

Having the FBI ask local LE to stop draining the lake is an interesting development that could mean so many things. My stomach is churning just thinking about it. I hope they have some kind of new info that will put an end to this agony for the families. I pray that it is good news but they need to know one way or the other. I hope the full story comes soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked up Noreen's site. It simultaneously ripped my heart and made me feel much more naive than I thought I was. And sick. I feel so sick. :(

I am thinking that after analyzing the reaction of the dogs, the FBI truly believes the girls are in the lake. This would also explain why the authorities have been reluctant to consider this an abduction or warn other parents that their children are in danger. They also have stated they did not suspect foul play and have spent an inordinate time at this lake.

There has been some posts regarding Lyric having only been in Evansdale the last 5 days. I thought it was normal for grandma to come out and help watch Elizabeth at her home with Lyric during the summer and holiday breaks? The way I understood it was they where at each others homes during these times. Can anyone clarify for me? Is it only the last 5 days?
TIA

She may not have been going prior to MCM going to work, but MCM was just released again in May, so she was prolly staying with Gma and went over there when she didn't have school while MCM was serving her last stint. Then again, all three of them could have been going over to help Heather since MSM's release and swimming in the afternoon. ???

I hear you Ms. Pragmatic, but I still have reservations. They have to clear the lake because it is such a potential hazard to the kids and possibly a dumping site for bodies or other evidence. I think that they would have to do that even if they don't think the girls are there.

In order for a body to be in that lake, it would have to be weighted down and in the deepest part of the water. No one saw a boat, there is no bridge over the lake, so how would a heavily weighted body just happen to sink to the deepest place? If the girls drowned and got tangled in weeds they would not be caught in the deep part unless they had been diving, which I'm sure they were not!

I really don't think that there is anything in the lake. MOO

Having the FBI ask local LE to stop draining the lake is an interesting development that could mean so many things. My stomach is churning just thinking about it. I hope they have some kind of new info that will put an end to this agony for the families. I pray that it is good news but they need to know one way or the other. I hope the full story comes soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault confirmed a California dive team is on the way to Evansdale. Breault says the dive team will use sonar equipment to scan the lake bed. She says the FBI made the request to stop draining the lake because the sonar equipment will not work in less than six feet of water Divers will also search the deeper holes of water in the lake.

Breault says authorities have complied with the FBI request.
The dive team will be at the lake Friday at the latest.

<snipped for space>
Also, it said Lyric's mom was sentenced to 4 years in prison and 5 more months after she violated her probation.

It's early and I'm only on my first cup of java so forgive me if my math is screwy.

I'm getting caught up so please forgive me as well. :) In my limited (thank goodness!) experience, "sentenced to" is a whole lot different than "served." It bothers me and actually makes me sick at least for some crimes. Anyway I personally know someone who was sentenced to something like 4 years and ended up being there for a little over a year. He called it "prison time" and said every day was worth 3 days I think? (sorry I'm not a math person either!) For the record.. it was for possession and sale of painkillers so it wasn't a violent crime. I also don't know if it might be state-specific, but California anyway has been letting people out right and left for non-violent crimes.

No idea if it even matters in this case... just sharing my experience. And catching up once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
medievalratattack