LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are the locals so scared? I find that very unsetteling. BSL is locked up, so who are they afraid of?

It is a town just like anyother, but it is small. If you grew up here, which I did not, but if you did everyone knows everyone else and their business. I did not grow up here so I don't know everyone like that, but am careful what I say because I don't know who they know. I hope I am not confusing everyone, because I am close to confusing myself. :smile:

it's an inspection sticker. we have to pay 25 bucks every year for an inspection sticker. the date is stamped on the sticker REAL big so that LE can give tickets if your sticker is expired. you get 30 days from the date to get a new one.

$25?! It's $10 in Lafayette. The 30 day period is a myth from what I've been told in the past.

I'm guessing BSL wanted to confuse LE by placing bike in a different area from body...in the same way he showed up at Ocshner Hospital with his story/alibi of being attacked. He's like some kind of evil magician...*look over here* at this hand..while he performs his trick/crime with the other hand. :twocents:

Oh yes, when the bike was discovered at WB I was sure that MS was on her way to FL with her kidnapper. As I recall the first suggestion was that it had been "placed" there. Red herring.

Cajunlady 75..is Rayne closer to Lafayette than NO.....i am from canada...don't know the area..if so- this could be pertinent; maybe he was trying to bide time and "self heal" in Rayne and then realized he needed medical treatment and drove all the way to no...can this be verified...hmmmm.....thanks for sharing what you "know" - even if it is just rumour at this point...

Thanks for posting! Please if she won't go to LE, maybe you could call, even anonymously if you don't want your name out there. LE really needs to be able to add this to the prosecution's case so they can make sure that if he's guilty, he's locked up where he cannot hurt others.

I just received this info in the last hour, but I am definitely gonna stay on top of it. It's really sad how many ppl are afraid to talk.

For the benefit of those of us who arent local, where is Rayne in relation to Lafayette and Nola? TIA

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=rayne,+la&ll=30.227035,-92.342834&spn=0.136456,0.335426&client=safari&oe=UTF-8&hnear=Rayne,+Acadia,+Louisiana&gl=us&t=h&z=12
Cajunlady 75..is Rayne closer to Lafayette than NO.....i am from canada...don't know the area..if so- this could be pertinent; maybe he was trying to bide time and "self heal" in Rayne and then realized he needed medical treatment and drove all the way to no...can this be verified...hmmmm.....thanks for sharing what you "know" - even if it is just rumour at this point...

Rayne, LA (frog capitol) is between Lafayette and Lake Charles, before you get to Crowley, LA. So, it's west of Lafayette. :) New Orleans is east of Lafayette.

Rayne is about 13 miles from Church Point...

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...ghjG00yJe6FsG2w&oq=New+Orleans&mra=ls&t=m&z=9

he would have probably hit WB afterwards.

possible route
he would take 190 from churchpoint
to 3-95 & placed the body either in the forest or river(i hate to type that)
then back on 3-95 all the way to I-10 East (onramp at exit 121)
then took Exit 127 off I-10 (the Whiskey Bay Exit) dumped the bike
from there he could have gone home via state route 975 (the only road at WB)
OR he could have got back on I-10 East and gone to NOLA
OR took I-10 West back towards Lafayette then got off at I-49 to go to CP

I've read (on WS?? Don't even remember for sure) that an eyewitness saw him place the bike at WB. If that's true, BL could have intended to put the body (makes me sick to even type that) at WB as well but when he realized he could be seen decided to travel up a side road to a more isolated area. I really wonder who the person claiming to be the psychic is, I doubt it's really the psychic as he'd probably charge for his "reading" or whatever and want more notoriety than an obscure comment on an online news article. So is this person a witness, an accomplice or just have a twisted sense of humor and trying to screw with everyone by making things up??

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=rayne,+la&ll=30.227035,-92.342834&spn=0.136456,0.335426&client=safari&oe=UTF-8&hnear=Rayne,+Acadia,+Louisiana&gl=us&t=h&z=12

Rayne, LA (frog capitol) is between Lafayette and Lake Charles, before you get to Crowley, LA. So, it's west of Lafayette. :)

and New Orleans is East of Lafayette. i think his mom lives in Rayne.

so houston, Lake Charles, rayne, churchpoint, Opelousas, Lafayette, Whiskey Bay area, Baton Rouge, New Orleans

Churchpoint is a little North and East of Rayne

True, but he's a mechanic and likely would have known how to disable it. We can't forget that he spent eight years behind bars. Correctional facilities provide an excellent training ground for criminals who want to improve their skills.

My title while in the USAF was "water buffalo mechanic" I was neither a mechanic nor were water buffalod in use at the base I was at (the storage tank kind for those who don't know...not the actual animal, lol).

So, if a DD214 has surfaced (DD214 for those not versed in military papers are the docs you get when discharged no matter what you're discharged for). As far as we know he could have been the guy that made the Kool aid in the motor pool, right? Example...pop n law's DD214 says he was an MP & a HUGE red CLASSIFIED is stamped. Pop n law is deceased.

Not true - you are given a 30 day grace period in LA. After that ... ticket time! At lease that's the way it is in my neck of LA. - I did not connect to the post several links above - sorry - still trying to figure this out - can't even figure out the smilies - maybe I should just lurk instead of trying to

I just received this info in the last hour, but I am definitely gonna stay on top of it. It's really sad how many ppl are afraid to talk.

Are people afraid to talk because of someone connected to BSL? - or is it because they fear he will be set free at some point (which is highly unlikely IMO)

just thinking out the box ..if bsl was confident enough to leave evidence in his home and go away to work then I think he was confident enough to place her somewhere that he could go back to in order to relive the crime.
I just can't believe he thought he'd get away with this. The fact that he hid LP under something make me think he may have done the same to MS. I think he placed her under something. Also i'm unsure if they have city sewege back there where he lives if not they may want to check his septic tank.

Also, a RSO is on lock down at any correctional facility. If you want verification, call any Sheriff's Dept and ask them. Hubby is in LE (retired Capt w/one dept and two weeks later went to work for the Sheriff's Office) asked him the other day & he told me, RSOs are not in Gen Pop, they are not "trustees" and they don't get any type of job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona