LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does a Louisiana driver's license for a registered sex offender look like? I have googled and cannot find an image. I understand it says REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER at the bottom but I am trying to find an actual sample too look at. If anyone has a link or picture I'd REALLY appreciate it. Thank you!

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

I debated posting it for quite a while as I have never done so before and won't again. And I thought I would share this information as I feel it is very important to the timeline of his whereabouts. Also knowing there are ppl reading this that could easily look into whether or not this is known by LE. I now see i was wrong. I will just follow up on it myself. I don't want to say anymore and get anyone upset. I love reading the site and think yall have done some wonderful sleuthing. Hope you all have a wonderful evening and I look forward to reading more of your ideas. :rocker:

Please dont stop posting, and dont take it personally when a mod deletes your posts. Lots of us are newbies here and make mistakes while we learn our way around, and even the seasoned WS'ers occasionally try to slide something by the mods. I hope you will continue to post. Another caring person is always an asset. JMO

Was there a thread for Lisa Pâté?

No, I don't believe so, kseal.

She went missing, of course, back in 1999, and, from what we've seen posted here, there was not much media coverage.

It was discussed about starting a thread for her now but I think maybe the consensus for now has been to keep discussion of Lisa's murder here for the time being, because her case and Mickey's are so intertwined, for "sleuthing" purposes, at this juncture.

Guys, some information is too sensitive to post, especially when it can't be verified. Mods don't like to remove your posts. We understand how it feels because we all started out as members. That's why we ask you to pm one of us before you post a "rumor". We'll let you know whether or not it can be posted, and you won't have to worry about having a post removed.

I debated posting it for quite a while as I have never done so before and won't again. And I thought I would share this information as I feel it is very important to the timeline of his whereabouts. Also knowing there are ppl reading this that could easily look into whether or not this is known by LE. I now see i was wrong. I will just follow up on it myself. I don't want to say anymore and get anyone upset. I love reading the site and think yall have done some wonderful sleuthing. Hope you all have a wonderful evening and I look forward to reading more of your ideas. :rocker:

It is important & we appreciate you sharing this -- I encourage you to be verified as an insider at WBs for credibility purposes. It just takes a little bit of time - a phone call from WB's admin -- and then your posts will not be subjected to such a strong rumor test.

All of us have had posts removed at one time or another -- part of the total package of membership. We hope you will stay and take part in this discussion. Glad to know that you are encouraging your source to call this information in. As you have said a timeline for BSL is so important and could lead to bringing Mickey home...and that is what this is about now.

Thanks for your posts!

don't stop posting. they are strict here, but you can get verified. please don't take offense. the strictness here is what keeps this place from being crazy like some other websites.

Not offended at all. Glad it got deleted. Answered my moral question of whether I should post or not. Those that saw it have the info and can put it in their mental timeline. I have NEVER been one for gossip or drama even though I have heard much of that around here that has come to be true. Like I said I will follow up on it and make sure this person calls LE to report.

What does a Louisiana driver's license for a registered sex offender look like? I have googled and cannot find an image. I understand it says REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER at the bottom but I am trying to find an actual sample too look at. If anyone has a link or picture I'd REALLY appreciate it. Thank you!

Google "louisiana sex offender license" I found it immediately. I'd post a link, but don't want to violate the TOS by linking a site that I'm not suppose to.

.....just doing a a little thinking outside the box...but if you do the "triangular murder disposal thing" :( with lafayette and church point, than Rayne fits right in there... it's possible he went back there after ditching the bike at WB (killers sometimes instinctively "run home to mom") and poor MS may be located near Rayne, with BSL returning to NO on Saturday to go to the hospital after all his plans went awry....maybe...just thinking....hmmmm...
Or an EMPTY one? ~ because someone was in the hospital???

If you think about it BSL was (at the time of MS disappearance) "getting away" with LP's murder. So, putting Mickey under something 'worked' before. He might stick with that MO this go 'round, too.
If we have any local real estate people on the thread who knows of vacant property with land/ outbuildings/ acreage, either for sale or for rent (vacant back at the end of May) and close to BSL "stomping grounds" - I think that he might have taken advantage of placing her on a property where one one would notice for several months.

I'll say this too, if BSL was in Rayne the day of May 19th (showing his injuries) before driving to NOLA, then I think she might be on a familiar Rayne property.
Hmmm who died in that area before he took MS?
ANY family members/close family friends???
Elderly maybe? With few or no family members?
Any property caught up in legal mumbo jumbo from
a will?
it might be 15 rather than 25, but i'm certain it was't 10 because i had to give them a 5 dollar bill in addition to either a 10 or a 20.

but yes the emission tests are a pain in the behind. if your battery runs out it does something to the emission thing and you have to drive 60 miles before it's reset and guess when i got ticketed at an inspection sticker checkpoint - a week after i attempted to pass inspection but didn't because my battery had died the week before, so i had to drive 60 miles. the cop showed no mercy on me. i REALLY was sent away in a new car the week before just because of the emissions thing because my battery had died (left lights on ) i was not happy!

:rocker: no emissions where I live...

Not offended at all. Glad it got deleted. Answered my moral question of whether I should post or not. Those that saw it have the info and can put it in their mental timeline. I have NEVER been one for gossip or drama even though I have heard much of that around here that has come to be true. Like I said I will follow up on it and make sure this person calls LE to report.

Welcome!

Just for future reference, Bessie recommends messaging her or the other Mods if you are unsure.

per NOLA...
the DWT was possibly seen by PDPT at WB...OMG...
:)

:welcome4:

Welcome, ps126mama!

Someone posted an image of a "sample" one a while back. Maybe somebody can remember just where and re-post.

ETA: Whoops -- I see someone already did!

hey Claire, glad to see you back. Read your DA article on the double indictment & appreciated the info :)

Before I get myself confused... y'all are discussing the adoptive dad, correct? And when you say "parents" you mean his adoptive parents, and not the later stepdad, right? I'm trying to get it straight for myself.

So he lived with his adoptive parents from 1979 until at least the divorce in 1997? Do we know what year he stopped living with the adoptive parents and got his own place? Did he live on his own a bit, or did he go straight from their house to the Army?
Did he ever live with his stepdad?

And it was the adoptive dad that was sick in NO and he couldn't pick him up?

Wanted to be sure, so that I can better contribute.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if this has been answered. A while back I posted about Brandon and his brother living with D, minus the mother. I assume this was after the divorce. I thought maybe this was the N Braaseaux address but then discovered the Prudence Hwy address. I don't think anyone ever responded to my post but I stated that the Prudence area would be a good place to search. Hope they have.

JDL are the complete initials...sorry...

It is important & we appreciate you sharing this -- I encourage you to be verified as an insider at WBs for credibility purposes. It just takes a little bit of time - a phone call from WB's admin -- and then your posts will not be subjected to such a strong rumor test.

All of us have had posts removed at one time or another -- part of the total package of membership. We hope you will stay and take part in this discussion. Glad to know that you are encouraging your source to call this information in. As you have said a timeline for BSL is so important and could lead to bringing Mickey home...and that is what this is about now.

Thanks for your posts!
Nola, I have to add that certain information will not be allowed no matter who posts it. Credibility is not the only consideration. The nature of the information is often a larger concern. That's why some rumors are allowed, and others are not.

It was nothing personal against you I'm sure. I know it does get my goat from time to time when they remove some of my posts, but it's ok. It's not personal because the mods don't even know me. You must stay and you must post. We all need your input. I, for one, and I know there are many more that wish you would stay. I'm sorry, you made your first post so now YOU'RE ONE OF US, like it or not.:seeya:

bbm: Yes, true: You can check out any time you like ... but you can never leave!

Bessie, don't send me on a vacation please, but I heard it through the grapevine that BSL's uncle was murdered back in March of 1999. He was 65 years old at the time of his death and lived in Church Point. I find this to be very odd timing when you put it together with BSL's crime spree.

I have his full name, which is not Lavergne. Initials are LBV. I have searched online and so far can only find the funeral services for him at:
http://files.usgwarchives.net/la/stlandry/obits/1999/0399.txt

FYI:
another book by Church Point Author & Educator Gary Lavergne..

http://www.garylavergne.com/belachheb.htmSee an interview with Gary Lavergne about his book WORSE THAN DEATH...

"Gary Lavergne has turned his impeccable journalistic talents to a Texas multiple murder that has been mostly forgotten during the intervening years of mass killings and acts of terror. But Lavergne vividly recreates the crime and its aftermath and brings the reader inside the vortex of a horrendous and senseless crime. Through his meticulous and dispassionate presentation, he reveals what it was like to stand in the shoes of the victims, their families, the police, and the prosecutors, and finally, even the murderer.

Lavergne's answer to what is "worse than death" is an important and timely addition to the American debate over the death penalty."

-Gerald Posner, Author, Why America Slept

AND the PI ~ ya know LE is really busy... PI can focus just on Mickey's case...
FYI:

http://www.garylavergne.com/belachheb.htmSee an interview with Gary Lavergne about his book WORSE THAN DEATH...

"Gary Lavergne has turned his impeccable journalistic talents to a Texas multiple murder that has been mostly forgotten during the intervening years of mass killings and acts of terror. But Lavergne vividly recreates the crime and its aftermath and brings the reader inside the vortex of a horrendous and senseless crime. Through his meticulous and dispassionate presentation, he reveals what it was like to stand in the shoes of the victims, their families, the police, and the prosecutors, and finally, even the murderer.

Lavergne's answer to what is "worse than death" is an important and timely addition to the American debate over the death penalty."

Is this guy a relative of BSL? Logic would say yes?

FYI:

When all is said and done, perhaps he'll take this story on.

FYI:

Sorry if I missed this. Is this author a relative or does he just happen to share the same surname?

AND the PI ~ ya know LE is really busy... PI can focus just on Mickey's case...

Is this guy a relative of BSL? Logic would say yes?

Don't know, gngr~snap, just was wondering who was enabling BS Lavergne
to skirt the justice system time & time again in his younger years.

Ironically Nolan Lavergne, Gary's dad was the Chief of Police of Church Point, Louisiana..

"So many questions, yet so few answers"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg