*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMOIMOIMOIMO
He is the kids doctor
he had high risk pt
you check on your high risk pts who are spiraling out of control daily ..
this kid was falling for MONTHS .........................
peroid your ethical obligation .

Who said he was failing for months?
Who said he was the kid's doctor?
Who said he was high risk?
If he was high risk, the doctor would have SEEN signs and JH wouldn't have had to MAIL things to him

I know its your opinion but where do you even get some of these ideas when there's been nothing to back that up? You shouldnt go around speculating about any psychiatrist or professors when we have no idea if JH was even a patient

As it supposedly turns out, JH told investigators to look for the package.

"The FBI recovered a package that apparently was mailed by James Eagan Holmes after the shooting suspect told investigators to look for the item on the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, a senior law enforcement official told NBC News on Wednesday."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...used-aurora-shooter-leads-fbi-to-package?lite

"The FBI recovered a package that apparently was mailed by James Eagan Holmes after the shooting suspect told investigators to look for the item on the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, a senior law enforcement official told NBC News on Wednesday."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...used-aurora-shooter-leads-fbi-to-package?lite
Ooooooh! So maybe he's cooperating now? Didn't get all the attention he was anticipating and wants his manifesto out there now???

From the article:

It was unclear how long the package had been in the mail room before its discovery.

In response to reporters' queries about the package, the Anschutz Medical Campus issued a statement saying it could not comment on anything regarding the ongoing criminal investigation into the theater shooting, under order of Arapahoe County District Judget William Sylvester.

The statement did provide general information about how mail is handled on campus.

"The University centrally receives mail from the United States Postal Service. The University then delivers the mail to the address on the Anschutz Medical Campus the same day it is received," the statement said. "The University's mail service is not open on Saturday. Saturday mail is sorted and delivered Monday morning. The University does not log or track mail/packages unless it requires a signature from the United States Postal Service."

So, it most likely had not been there a week. I don't know if he said when it was mailed, but even if he mailed it the day of the incident, only USPS would know on or about when packages are delivered - given the state of USPS right now that could have been many days after it was mailed out.

Wonder when he told them? Over the weekend? I think so, since they had Court Orders to retrieve and open by Monday. Guess we'll find out, and I'm sticking with this was the Monday suspicious package news. This gives me further confirmation, don't know about you guys.

Suffering with mental illiness is not the same thing IMO, as drinking and then driving there are choices with the latter , none in the former, this is an illiness, not a "fault" choice, wish , want , it is neurotransmitter stuff , peroid........................

anyone get mad at a person with diabetes, identical................

Well, good thing you don't make laws. Truly mentally ill people are not responsible for their actions, just as a 3-year-old wouldn't be responsible for killing someone.

SERIOUSLY?
not one person here has said he should not be held accountable for his actions!

how is someone throwing the "evil monster" label on him as an excuse for his actions any different than one saying he possibly could have brain abnormalities (mental issues) ???

nobody knows WHY he did what he did, but to take things off the table in this discussion forum because it makes one feel uncomfortable or doesnt fit into one's personal opinion makes absolutely no sense.

everything is on the table at this point.....EVERYTHING until professionals scratch it off the list.

i personally have no proof as to why he did what he did...but i am most certainly entertaining all possibilities....and that includes that something is wrong with his brain.

my religious upbringing would tell me: he is possessed by demons......how is that for a possibility??

ETA....in any case.....it is good to observe and discuss things from both sides - the defense and prosecution - because it lets us see how his defense could possibly be presented.....

again, i havent seen anyone say he should not be held responsible for his actions....but applying a reason to his actions is what we do here...and its done on almost all cases discussed....

BBM. Please see above.

And yeah, I think such discussion is fine but it gets aggravating when people are stating it as fact and that has happened repeatedly.

My Theory is ...he was really mad on this University for his "failure" on the oral exam... he doesnt accept this so he didnt even formally complete his withdrawal. He wants the University to be liable for his next actions.
He sent the University a notebook detailing his work. The University could have open it , to prevent it but they didnt. JH tested the "mailing" process in the University so he requested multiple packages to be sent to him. He knows the flaw of the "mailroom" process. .... Now he sent his notebook, he knew that it will not get in time , he continued his evil work and then he will act insane... who is going to be responsible? The University :)

now with this "Notebook" , do we hear lawsuit against them for failure to respond fast to prevent a crime?.... sounds like VA tech problems before right?

Just think about it. It was JH who told FBI about this package ;) - and the funny thing is the package is still in the mail room

The FBI recovered a package that apparently was mailed by James Eagan Holmes after the shooting suspect told investigators to look for the item on the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, a senior law enforcement official told NBC News on Wednesday.

The statement did provide general information about how mail is handled on campus.
"The University centrally receives mail from the United States Postal Service. The University then delivers the mail to the address on the Anschutz Medical Campus the same day it is received," the statement said. "The University's mail service is not open on Saturday. Saturday mail is sorted and delivered Monday morning. The University does not log or track mail/packages unless it requires a signature from the United States Postal Service."

I think after an horrible crime like this it is human nature for people to look for reasons as to what would cause or make someone do such a thing. I am so happy that I found this forum where I can discuss and toss around ideas and theories with others.
I dont get the feeling that anyone is trying to excuse JH's actions be it a brain tumor, MI, or any other reason. I think we are all just trying to wrap our heads around something that is just so unimaginable to us.
I do feel that some are trying to blame the parents, the school, the gun store owner, the neighbors, the friends, the convenience store owner, the lamp post and who ever else they can think of. (ok a little exaggerated on the last part)
At this point there is not enough information out there to say who and if anyone knew anything before hand.

Well no video pics or audio at the Filing Of Charges Hearing on Monday - there will be a sketch artist.

Ooooooh! So maybe he's cooperating now? Didn't get all the attention he was anticipating and wants his manifesto out there now???

Some people were asking from the start where his manifesto is. Maybe he was concerned the manifesto was going to get lost within University mail system.

My Theory is ...he was really mad on this University for his "failure" on the oral exam... he doesnt accept this so he didnt even formally complete his withdrawal. He wants the University to be liable for his next actions.
He sent the University a notebook detailing his work. The University could have open it , to prevent it but they didnt. JH tested the "mailing" process in the University so he requested multiple packages to be sent to him. He knows the flaw of the "mailroom" process. .... Now he sent his notebook, he knew that it will not get in time , he continued his evil work and then he will act insane... who is going to be responsible? The University :)

now with this "Notebook" , do we hear lawsuit against them for failure to respond fast to prevent a crime?.... sounds like VA tech problems before right?

Just think about it. It was JH who told FBI about this package ;)
The FBI recovered a package that apparently was mailed by James Eagan Holmes after the shooting suspect told investigators to look for the item on the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, a senior law enforcement official told NBC News on Wednesday.

I like your theory. If he really wanted intervention, he would have called his parents or sent them a letter. JMO

From the article:

So, it most likely had not been there a week. I don't know if he said when it was mailed, but even if he mailed it the day of the incident, only USPS would know on or about when packages are delivered - given the state of USPS right now that could have been many days after it was mailed out.

Wonder when he told them? Over the weekend? I think so, since they had Court Orders to retrieve and open by Monday. Guess we'll find out, and I'm sticking with this was the Monday suspicious package news. This gives me further confirmation, don't know about you guys.

I don't believe it has been there a week either. A lot of these mass shooters have a manifesto. Why shouldn't JH?

you and I both know we arrange for crisis intervention backup !

Crisis Intervention does not usually include mail from an unknown sender. If there was a crisis with a patient there would usually be visits or calls involved, imo.

Some people were asking from the start where his manifesto is. Maybe he was concerned the manifesto was going to get lost within University mail system.

Good point. I wonder if he gets to watch tv while in jail? Does he get news updates? I wonder when exactly he told the police to look for it?
So many questions with no answers.

Good point. I wonder if he gets to watch tv while in jail? Does he get news updates? I wonder when exactly he told the police to look for it?
So many questions with no answers.

He should have access to NOTHING in solitary confinement. He is there for his own protection first, but I'm sure they are trying to sweat him out.

He wanted it found and published for us viewers to see. Eventually, it may be, after the trial.

I like your theory. If he really wanted intervention, he would have called his parents or sent them a letter. JMO

He could have sent that to someone he is very close with or he could even create a website for it :) but he didnt. Look at where the notebook is still up to now--- still in the mail room . JH has to tell FBI about it! what is his purpose for doing that? :)

He could have sent that to someone he is very close with or he could even create a website for it :) but he didnt. Look at where the notebook is still up to now--- still in the mail room . JH has to tell FBI about it! what is his purpose for doing that? :)

No, it was recovered on Monday. Again, I don't watch batman movies, but doesn't joker give clues to the police? Yet they can't stop him? I think this is like a game to JH.

No, it was recovered on Monday. Again, I don't watch batman movies, but doesn't joker give clues to the police? Yet they can't stop him? I think this is like a game to JH.

Joker is a way to "insanity" plea.

On the mail package he sent - this link clearly stated about the package -

It was JH who told FBI about the package. The package was still in the mail room before it's discovery.

and on this link

The source said the package had been in the mailroom since July 12
, though another source who confirmed the discovery to FoxNews.com

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/2...out-plans-in-package-mailed-to/#ixzz21foeYbSz

I wanted to state that your theory is the BEST one I've read on here. I think he had to tell the FBI about his package to rub it in, that he is "better" than they (the University) are, that their system "sucks", etc, etc. It could be that he was going to gun down people regardless of what the school did, but I have a feeling that he couldn't meet the academic demands of that level of University and he could have felt pressure to succeed from his parents and rather than blame himself, he turned it outwards and blamed everyone else. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519