IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the love of all that is Holy - if you see a white van RUN! Geez...WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?! <snipped for space>

I know!! Our friend/neighbor has one of those "windowless white vans" for his carpet cleaning business. Great guy, loves his kids, wouldn't hurt a fly, but I am about to tell him to at least get the thing painted or not park it outside!

Fair points. I guess it's a combination of a gut feeling and the fact that I think a paddle boat would be the last thing a kidnapper would use. First, it is way too visible. Everyone on any side of the lake who was running, biking, picnicking, looking out their window, would have seen it. Not ideal if you are trying to kidnap kids. Second, if anyone saw him on the lake, and thought it was suspicious, he is a sitting duck. There would be no escape. The authorities would be there to arrest him by the time he got back to shore. I just don't see it.

I do understand your logic Jamie.

But I have always said pedos are some of the highest risk takers there are. They have abducted children in broad daylight on a busy street and there again no one saw or heard a thing or noticed anything.

I think if he saw that someone had seen him he would have tried another time to abduct them. I think he looked around and saw no one was there at the time.

This is just speculation of course since we dont know what method the abductor chose but I do think it is doable.

IMO

I am thinking the paddle boat could have been a lure. I doubt it was the getaway vehicle or whatever.

I am thinking the paddle boat could have been a lure. I doubt it was the getaway vehicle or whatever.

Agree, if the girls were actually in a paddle boat with someone they know, they probably were having a good time and no idea of what was about to happen.
No one probably noticed anything unusual.

I dont think it was a getaway vehicle either.

I have never seen a child that didnt love to ride in a paddleboat if they like the water.

IMO

Agree, if the girls were actually in a paddle boat with someone they know, they probably were having a good time and no idea of what was about to happen.
No one probably noticed anything unusual.

Exactly! I'm not convinced the paddle boat is even related but I think it is a possibility and I doubt the girls were anything but happy in the boat, if it was used.

I keep coming back to TG seeing the bikes on the path at 12:20 but not seeing the girls,no mention of the paddle boat.

So the girls were not visible when he rode by?

I guess it's possible that someone saw the girls playing, borrowed the paddle boat to lure them to where they had parked, took them for a ride across the lake then said he'd give them a ride back to their bikes. It's certainly not outside the realms of possibility.

<snipped for space> If Aunt T taught the girls about stranger danger as she said she did, I am leaning so much towards familiar perp. Not necessarily family or close family friend...but someone familiar. Two girls going willingly. Purse left behind, but not thrown. No screams heard. I may be wrong, but I feel as though the girls were thinking they would be back to pick up their belongings. MOO

Bolded by me... I'm sorry I'm behind and catching up but this seems important and like something I may have missed. Was there some kind of confirmation on the purse/bag's condition? I've been wondering all along if it was thrown or set down.

Picture of the paddle boat close to the house for sale.

paddle boat.jpg

I actually took TG out of my personal timeline. At least temporarily. If the time stamp from the surveillance video was 12:11 and it is reportedly 8 minutes slow, that puts the time as 12:19. TG sighting between 12:20-12:27. Not possible, to me. Not possible for the girls to ride that far in that short time. I may change my mind as more info emerges, but no TG for now.

Picture of the paddle boat close to the house for sale.

View attachment 25042

Oh. My. God. That house has been verified to be unoccupied, by the way. It has been called in to the tipline, and apparently will be or has been searched. But that just makes me ill to look at. (In combination with your creepy new close up Bing map)

Exactly! I'm not convinced the paddle boat is even related but I think it is a possibility and I doubt the girls were anything but happy in the boat, if it was used.

I keep coming back to TG seeing the bikes on the path at 12:20 but not seeing the girls,no mention of the paddle boat.

So the girls were not visible when he rode by?

I guess it's possible that someone saw the girls playing, borrowed the paddle boat to lure them to where they had parked, took them for a ride across the lake then said he'd give them a ride back to their bikes. It's certainly not outside the realms of possibility.

Maybe TG did say he saw someone on a paddle boat. Maybe that tip came from him. Maybe the girls had just gotten off of their bikes and walked thru that unlocked gate to the water's edge waiting for the paddle boater to get over to them - just as TG swerved to miss their bikes in the path. Maybe he didn't see the girls (there are bushes), but he did see the boat.

I actually took TG out of my personal timeline. At least temporarily. If the time stamp from the surveillance video was 12:11 and it is reportedly 8 minutes slow, that puts the time as 12:19. TG sighting between 12:20-12:27. Not possible, to me. Not possible for the girls to ride that far in that short time. I may change my mind as more info emerges, but no TG for now.

Agree. I took TG off my radar altogether. If LE doesn't care about him, neither do I. Besides, since TG, I have my eye on two other suspects who I feel are much more likely to have committed this crime.

ETA: Not official suspects. Just my suspects. IMO.

Hi Jules 71

Here are the two paddle boats that I see on Bing maps:

Attachments

• Paddle boat pix1.png
    Paddle boat pix1.png
    505.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Paddle boat pix2.png
    Paddle boat pix2.png
    407.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Paddle boat pix3.png
    Paddle boat pix3.png
    479.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Paddle boat pix4.png
    Paddle boat pix4.png
    465.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Paddle boat pix5.png
    Paddle boat pix5.png
    699.6 KB · Views: 46
If you go to bing.com maps you can see two - one up by the canal and one yellow one next to the house we think might be W's. The bing maps look like they were taken in the fall so there are not a lot of leaves and you can see things better.

Wow, the Bing map shows everything so much clearer! I see the two paddleboats clearly and one is very close to that house we have been discussing.

I'm trying to find clarification, I've checked previous threads but not finding the answer. Was it typical that TG biked 12 miles round trip in the middle of the day on a week day? I know that it's been reported that he often rides his bike on the trail, but was that the usual time of his ride? Wondering if he would have noticed suspicious vehicles or things out of place if that wasn't his usual time.

I would say a 12 mile bike seems like a long ride, but I'm inherently lazy and scared to ride a bike, so I have no decent opinion on the distance. Haha

If TG did report seeing a paddleboat, that may be why LE is acting like he doesn't exist. If the perp WAS on a paddleboat, they wouldn't want the only person who may be able to identify him in danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror