IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, TG went to the media. But at that time, LE wasn't looking for a paddleboater. TG may have mentioned to LE that he saw nothing other than the bikes in the path and a paddleboater.

Question: The week before when Lyric and another cousin were missing for a while, has anyone reported where they were. Were they at the lake or where did they go? tia

I can't find a link to support this, but from my memory, I think I remember M saying that they had overstayed their time at a park. She didn't mention what park though.

How current are the bing maps?

They say 'Pictometry Bird's Eye 2012 MDA Geospatial Services Inc'.

Not sure if that means 2012 or if there is another way to tell.

Lol didn't she just get out of jail?

Yes, on May 30. I don't know about grandma but everyone else in this family seems to have at least one arrest record! Not that I'm bashing....

*sigh:maddening:

Don't know about these but the one of my house is over a year and a half old (had a pool removed so its pretty easy to tell).

It is someone with the same last name, who is also in the right age range to be his parents. JW is mid 30s. Owners of the house are early 60s. I found the owner's names and ages. I just couldn't find if they are the parents.

While I agree it's a crazy co-incidence about the last names, I am 99 percent sure that not only are these not his parents but I also think it's unlikely they are related in any way.

MOO

IF the girls tried to take the paddle boat out into the water, for instance, that could explain the possible hit by the dogs at the lake and the insistence of searching it.
I dont think there was time.

The Carpenters said that the girls ride down their street, the same street that lands them right at The House That Is For Sell, and TURN AROUND. They have seen both girls do that but have seen Elizabeth more often. I have wondered about that so much. At first I thought the road must be a dead-end road or a cul-de-sac. I didn't know why else the girls would go to the end of the road and TURN AROUND. That tells me that they were not lingering very long at the end of the road. They were going there and leaving quickly enough for their jaunt to be called a "turn around". (Now I see that Lake Ave. is not a dead-end but that it runs into S. Evans right where the house is located). It is as if they had a purpose in going there and not sticking around. While Lyric may have been spending more time at the Collins family's home since she is on summer break from school, I don't know how much time she was spending there before. It makes sense that the Carpenters would sometimes see Elizabeth there at "night" because it was probably after school hours. While Lyric may not have been there as often while school was in, she may have been there frequently.

http://www.kwqc.com/story/19044405/witness-said-he-saw-missing-iowa-girls-after-their-disappearance

"We see them practically all the time ride their bikes right past our house, but they come down and turn around in the street," he said.

Resident Robert Carpenter said he didn't think anything about seeing the girls because it's such a common occurrence.

(Mrs. Carpenter>) "I broke down for the first time because I was so used to, especially Elizabeth, seeing her every night ride her bicycle and she always stopped and talked to people. She was a friendly little girl," Marcella Carpenter said. "You know, it's hard when you've got a grandchild the same age."

I believe the Carpenters will end up being the ones who bring the girls home. I believe there is a reason that they have stated that Mr. Carpenter saw the girls sometime between 12 and 3. Doesn't that sound like a HUGE time gap? LE talked to them on Friday afternoon but as best as I can tell they first spoke about what they had seen to the media on the next Tuesday. Do you think it is possible that LE has asked them not to say what specific time (or, more specific time) they saw the girls? I think that is a possiblity, maybe they didn't want them to influence other possible witnesses.

I think the girls know someone who lives/stays/frequents/has some purpose for being at the end of the road. I think they were going there for some particular reason. I think everything that I have heard so far about this case fits this scenerio. But, we can't sleuth non-suspects and non-POIS so I feel I need to keep my thoughts to myself.

I think LE know what is going on and I pray, pray, pray that they find the girls soon.

While I agree it's a crazy co-incidence about the last names, I am 99 percent sure that not only are these not his parents but I also think it's unlikely they are related in any way.

MOO

I agree these people are not his parents. From what I've found his parents have never lived in evansdale and neither has he. They could be relatives but I have yet to find evidence of that.

MOO

Maybe the important thing is not whether the owners are related to anyone the girls knows but whether or not anyone the girls know is aware that the home is vacant. Who knows? I don't know. But, there is some reason the girls were going to the end of the street that is a mile from the Collins family's home and turning around. What could it be?

I do not think there is anything nefarious or significant about the girls turning around at the end of the street. They just rode to the end of the street, turned around and headed back home. Now if they were frequently riding down there stopping for 15-20 minutes then I'd think something was up.

When we rode our bikes at my dads house we would only go to the end of 2 streets and turn around. Even though we could have turned at the end of either of the two streets and looped around, we just weren't confortable with it.

Not really sure Sarx but it looks to me like Microsoft just did a massive upload of new imagery in June of this year of all of North America.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2406292,00.asp

ETA: Jax has just pointed out that the Bing imagery is about 1.5 years ago based on their experience. Microsoft should have all the imagery updated by the end of this year. Thanks Jax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz