GUILTY NC - Lynn Jackenheimer, 33, murdered, Hatteras Island, 3 July 2012

ASHLAND, Ohio — As the manhunt for accused killer Nathan Summerfield continues, the Fox 8 I-Team is learning more about the difficulties that authorities may be facing in their search.

According to friends of murder victim Lynn Jackenheimer, it appears Summerfield is frustrating investigators with his knowledge of technology.

Rhiannon Burkhardt, a lifelong friend of Jackenheimer, told the I-Team, “He is extremely intelligent, that’s the problem we’re dealing with. He can hack into anything, he can play with your mind. Phone bills, phone towers, it’s been just a nightmare, showing that he’s one place and you go and he’s not at that place or it bounced off a different tower.”

Jackenheimer’s friends and relatives are convinced that Summerfield is getting help from someone to avoid capture. The victim’s sister, Tasha Holland, told the I-Team, “If you have the heart to help a murderer, you should be treated like one.”

http://fox8.com/2012/07/31/i-team-tech-savvy-nate-summerfield-avoids-capture/

Sure ,Mr policeman . I believe Nick is smarter and more capable than than the deptments helping to look for him....:waitasec:

Not.

I'm wondering if he is getting help.
Do you think they have his parents phone tapped???...or are monitoring their cell phone usage? Can they do that?

First time poster. I joined because of Lynns story. Do we know if they ever verified that it was indeed Nate who was seen in the aparment parking lot?

First time poster. I joined because of Lynns story. Do we know if they ever verified that it was indeed Nate who was seen in the aparment parking lot?

Welcome ashfox! I don't think it's KNOWN 100% but the LE has said that they believe the marine's story of seeing him.

US Marshals have indicated to me that they find the Columbus witness very credible & they do believe that was him yes

I wonder if there is a law concerning whether it is maternal or paternal grandparents who have first right to custody. Was a paternity test done? Is Nates' name on the birth certificate? They weren't ever married.

I pray they keep the boy with Lynn's parents and not separate him from his sister. I do believe Nate's parents should get visitation UNLESS they have helped their son hide out. MOO

the lil boy's last name is Summerfield so i would assume that yes, Nate's name is on the birth certificate

i agree that the Summerfield's should get visitation also but until Nate is caught/found it should be supervised visitation only

:party::Welcome1: Ashfox !!!

Glad to have you with us!

I was coming here to post the same link.

Absolutely shocking that the people whose own son killed this child's mother now think they're entitled to keep and raise him. :what:

I would hope the judge who hears this case takes into account the fact that these people obviously did a poor job of raising their own murderous son and shouldn't be trusted with creating another monster.

bbm

ITA, Betty P! But even if his parents were wonderful people, I think it would still be a potentially dangerous situation in which to put any child (but of course, part of my feeling here has to do with Nate caring a whit about his son, which obviously he doesn't)
icon8.gif
. I hope the judge considers all sides of this situation. It IS the child who comes first -- always. This little boy has got to be terribly confused, bless him.
icon9.gif

I'm wondering if he is getting help.
Do you think they have his parents phone tapped???...or are monitoring their cell phone usage? Can they do that?

They (the Feds?) certainly, IMO, have probable cause which is necessary for so many other LE tools such as SWs and arrest warrants. I really don't have any idea what is necessary....

And since, if he is still alive and apparently he is, he has been out there for a while now, I do think he is getting some help or has a good hideout &/or a different car, and has some cash.... It does help, if you're hiding out, to know the territory & that may be why the LEO's think he is still in Ohio.

I keep trying to figure out how he is getting money... I do think he has some sort of help... I hate to think that someone knows what he did and are still willing to help him. I wonder if he told some unknowing person a horrible sob story about losing his job and somehow being homeless and there is someone out there helping out.

I keep trying to figure out how he is getting money... I do think he has some sort of help... I hate to think that someone knows what he did and are still willing to help him. I wonder if he told some unknowing person a horrible sob story about losing his job and somehow being homeless and there is someone out there helping out.

I think he does too. My theory is it is a younger woman, probably someone who works nights. In order for him to have someone help him w/o knowing who he is, this person has to not really care about the news or read papers (either online or otherwise). This person would be out mostly at night thus avoiding seeing the flyers (because it is dark), and sleeps during the day. This person would have to be fairly easily manipulated (younger than him).

He's a fairly good looking guy, probably articulate, a smooth talker. I could see him manipulating a younger girl with self-esteem issues into helping him.

I'd put a lot of flyers down near bars and where nightlife is most active.

I check every day to see if he been found...
he may be on his own IMO... having watched the ID show "I almost got away with it" seems fugitives can go awhile on their own without any help..

Surfie - you and I are thinking along the very same lines. I too have thought that he has someone helping him that may be very unaware of the news. It may come as a surprise to WS members, but there are many that are unaware of who Nate is. Since I have always been a crime watcher (so-to-speak), I am well aware that I know of crimes/incidents that many in my circle have never heard about.

If you look past the creepy eyes, he is a fairly handsome guy. On his profile pic, he looks quite handsome and not at all like the first pics that they put out of him. Likely he is a sweet-talker and I do not doubt that he has turned the heads of a few ladies.

I am curious - for those locals that do know Nate, do you know what the deal is with his eyes?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back