GUILTY NC - Lynn Jackenheimer, 33, murdered, Hatteras Island, 3 July 2012

I keep hoping to come on here and find Nate captured. Hoping he is caught soon!!

I thought it was very touching and sweet that Lynn's daughter spoke at her funeral. I hope she and the brother are doing ok. I know the children have a lot of love/support from family and friends.

Nothing new on Nate? No sightings at all? Somebody has to be seeing him somewhere! Hoping and praying he's captured TODAY!!

Continued prayers for Lynn's family and children...

I pop in here hoping to see updates...and most of all Nate's arrest! I pray it comes soon! Lynn's family needs this closure...and Nate's family does too.
Nate's actions have wreaked havoc on these families and on Lynn's friends.

I hear you. Which makes me start considering the possibility of him either being out of the country or dead.

I agree, sea-chiq -- as each day passes with no concrete info, I just think that one day his body or bones will be found in the woods somewhere.
As I mentioned earlier, Eric Rudolph, the Olympic Park Bomber, was able to evade capture for 5 years by living in the wilderness of the NC mountains. Officials and the mountain people thought he was being helped by a small group of mountain folks. Would something like this be possible for Summerfield? No idea...

I just can't get over his telling his brother that he strangled her -- unless he was contemplating suicide. If not, why didn't he say that he was gonna take off for a little while to try & get over her "leaving him" with the children at the OBX? At least that would have given him a few "free" days... Or is he just a weird dude? I would really like to hear from someone who knew him -- to say if the confession was not a surprise or just what kind of guy he is. :waitasec: Frustrating, isn't it?

I still pray everyday when I wake up there will be an update that he was caught overnight. At this point, I think he has help.

Latest update from Dare Sheriff:

7/30/12

Item #1:

Our office has received several calls regarding progress on the Lynn Jackenheimer Murder case, particularly, progress in locating Nathan Summerfield. The Ohio office of The United States Marshal’s Service is heading up the hunt for Summerfield in the Ohio area, where he is believed to be. They are assisted by the Ashland County, Ohio, Sheriff’s Office. Attempts to locate Summerfield have been unsuccessful at this writing. Investigators from Dare County have been to the Ashland Ohio area to conduct interviews, collect evidence, and meet with Ashland County investigators to begin to prepare for a trial.

The cooperation from the Ohio authorities has been outstanding. A reward is also being offered for information leading to the arrest of Nathan Summerfield. To recap, he was last seen operating a 2009 grey Honda Civic four door, Ohio plate FMV7540, in the Ashland Ohio area. The US Marshal’s tip line is 1-866-4-WANTED. When further information becomes available we will get it right out

http://www.facebook.com/darecountysheriff

I was coming here to post the same link.

Absolutely shocking that the people whose own son killed this child's mother now think they're entitled to keep and raise him. :what:

I would hope the judge who hears this case takes into account the fact that these people obviously did a poor job of raising their own murderous son and shouldn't be trusted with creating another monster.

"It was a complete surprise. They haven't even spoken to Lynn's family, given her an apology, condolences. They haven't tried to reach out to Nate to get him help. They haven't done anything."

It has always bothered me that Nate's parents have not even spoke up in the media and asked him to turn himself in. But, I find it equally- if not more- shameful that they have not contacted Lynn's parents at all. Offering condolences - saying that they are in shock over their son's actions - saying that they are terribly sorry for the loss of precious Lynn - anything!! How could they be SO HEARTLESS???

Ok... I had total sympathy for Nate's parents as they are not responsible for Nate's actions but... this totally changes my opinion. I think it's absolutely horrendous that Nate's parents have done this. How dare they seek custody when his own father killed his mother. This just makes me sick!!!

BBM

Thanks button wasn't enough.

Why would they do this? I mean, I understand they aren't Nate. They didn't kill Lynn. Yes, I get it. But this just doesn't make sense to me? They haven't made the first statement to plead for their son to turn himself in, but yet they are going to file for custody? Why not allow both of Lynn's children ,who I presume were raised together, to continue to live together?

Now... where is Nate??? Anyone heard anything? Anyone know when the custody hearing is going to be? TIA

I wonder if there is a law concerning whether it is maternal or paternal grandparents who have first right to custody. Was a paternity test done? Is Nates' name on the birth certificate? They weren't ever married.

I pray they keep the boy with Lynn's parents and not separate him from his sister. I do believe Nate's parents should get visitation UNLESS they have helped their son hide out. MOO

The President is in Mansfield today. May not be much other news from that area today.

JMO - HTH etc.

ASHLAND, Ohio — As the manhunt for accused killer Nathan Summerfield continues, the Fox 8 I-Team is learning more about the difficulties that authorities may be facing in their search.

According to friends of murder victim Lynn Jackenheimer, it appears Summerfield is frustrating investigators with his knowledge of technology.

Rhiannon Burkhardt, a lifelong friend of Jackenheimer, told the I-Team, “He is extremely intelligent, that’s the problem we’re dealing with. He can hack into anything, he can play with your mind. Phone bills, phone towers, it’s been just a nightmare, showing that he’s one place and you go and he’s not at that place or it bounced off a different tower.”

Jackenheimer’s friends and relatives are convinced that Summerfield is getting help from someone to avoid capture. The victim’s sister, Tasha Holland, told the I-Team, “If you have the heart to help a murderer, you should be treated like one.”

http://fox8.com/2012/07/31/i-team-tech-savvy-nate-summerfield-avoids-capture/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrskrash2012
Back