GUILTY NC - Lynn Jackenheimer, 33, murdered, Hatteras Island, 3 July 2012

The good-news-turned-bad got all the way out here to Raleigh, NC.

Oh, I had visions of him being in a small interrogation room in the county sheriff's office, kind of scraggly looking and not cooperative in the slightest...

I was gonna post an "AHA!! They've got him," like everybody else. Good grief! Then I angrily thought about NS hearing about it on his car radio, and just chuckling and patting himself on the back for being so dayam smart....Grr :maddening: rrrrrr

Kinda like, "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated," quote from Mark Twain after hearing that his obit had been published in the New York Journal.

Just one big fat, :nevermind:.

:furious: ......:pullhair:...... :furious:

Summerfield's Honda is a four-door.

"We have had tips all the way from Ohio to Florida, so we're not sure where he is. We've heard he's still in Columbus. We've heard he's in Ashland. We are running down all tips and leads."

Wilber said the marshal's tip line has been receiving about 15 tips a day.

"If someone believes they see him or his vehicle, they need to be certain it's him," Wilber said. "So take an extra effort to look to be sure of who you're truly seeing. In reference to the vehicle, get a tag number. If you see him in his car with a different tag number, take it down so we can see if it's been stolen.

"If you see him in a different vehicle, get a clear description. Get a direction of travel."

Wilber said tipsters need to get a description of what Summerfield is wearing. If he's with someone else, get a description of what they're wearing. Take down what they're doing.

"If possible, if you believe you're looking at Nathan Summerfield, maintain a visual and call 9-1-1," Wilber said. "And call right away. We have people who call hours, even days, after the fact. If it's because they didn't see his picture until later, that's understandable, but we've had people say it's because they had to go to work. If you truly believe you've spotted Nathan Summerfield, you need to call right away. In my opinion, that's more important than most things going on at that time."

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20120724/NEWS01/207240305

Good Lord I have alerts coming to my phone saying he has been arrested and then NOT arrested....which is it?

He has NOT been arrested, unfortunately.

So do you think he is farther down the road than Ohio or Kentucky? He could "get lost" anywhere, but he would have to do his traveling at night, seems to me.... so what does he do in the day time? Continue down the road anyway? Hide in the woods & sleep? Back roads? Big city? Who knoze? And heading for where? Mmmmmfffff. The LEO's have a tuff job there, seems to me. [/IMG]

This is one of those stories that puzzles me. He had a few days after he killed her there.....then a few more days after his brother called. I know he was a poi right after it was published that she was missing. By my book, that is a huge headstart. I know I can leave Ohio in the early morning...say for example 3 am and I can make it to north Louisiana at 5pm that same day. That's how I travel...straight there, only a few gas stops.

In the Mansfield news journal, they quote le saying they highly suspect somebody is helping him. BUT it's really hard to believe anything the news says right now regarding this case. I personally thing the le officials have no ideas, clues, or strong leads.

This is what was posted on the "Help Find Nate Summerfield" FB page on Sunday. I have removed the person's name..."No he was spotted at a yard sale yesterday in Brooksville Kentucky, however at the time, the person didn't know about him, but that person did contact the police...he is believed to still be in the Ky area!! I posted to all surrounding counties from where he was last seen!!"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Help-Find-Nate-Summerfield/202743083185584

bbm
Oooh, beachlvr, you raise some good questions... If they were arguing inside & he stabbed her there, good investigation would show that -- and the LEO's would certainly keep that secret.... if he strangled her inside, no real evidence would show it unless something was broken during the sure struggle that a strangulation produces -- was a decorative bowl or picture or piece of furniture broken?? If the stabbing occurred on a deck or on the paved parking area or driveway, blood evidence could be found for a while outside... Maybe the LEO's have lotsa stuff they're not telling...

How much did the daughter hear or see? Anything? Did she see him cleaning up blood evidence or washing clothes? Did she hear any phone conversations that had anything to do with his making plans, etc., on the way back home? Did he visit ATM's a couple of times? Go into a bank? Buy canned food, etc., at a store on the way back home? ...Maybe the LEO's have lotsa stuff they're not telling...

Inquiring minds want to know...

I can't sleep at night for thinking about this. Has there been any word on how he strangled her? The reason I ask that is....if he grabbed her from behind and wrapped his arm around her neck is that considered strangling or choking? Could he have strangled her that way and stabbed her from the front? That way he would not have had as much blood on his clothes because her body would have been blocking it. I still wonder if it happened on the beach near the water because there wouldn't be any evidence in the morning because the tide would have washed it away, along with any sand that was disturbed during a struggle.

If I was on the run and had a few days head start I definitely wouldn't be staying anywhere near the area where I lived. You can get all the way across the US in just a few days. I'd be looking for a remote area where people weren't as apt to get the news or have internet (yes, there are still places here in VA like that). In remote areas news doesn't travel as fast there as it does in the city. I'd have a disposable cell with internet capabilities, get some supplies somewhere, I'd find a remote dirt road up into the mountains to sleep during the day and I'd travel by night. I'd head to Mexico and that's where I'd stay.

This article here: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...-war-room-to-lead-search-for-summerfield.html

Says that ns has scratches on his drivers side front end....and speaks his "s" with a lisp.

The officers said at this point they don't think he will turn himself in...and they still believe he's alive.

Does anybody else check google for unidentified male bodies everyday? I do but it's depressing. There are so many.

just wanted to pop in & say hi...i miss the posting/convo with you folks...was always a positive experience for me here...i've been really busy lately with services & with all my efforts in making wanted posters & trying to get the word out about Nate...last night's mis-report of his capture was a punch in the gut to many but hasn't slowed any of our efforts down...am asking tho if any of you could please share the wanted poster below with people you know that it would be greatly appreciated by me & many others

PS- for the record, i still believe that the is alive & that he has assistance (whether knowingly on their behalf or not)

wantedfix072412.jpg

I'm glad that there's an updated poster with variety of pictures. Maybe it'll stir up some new leads.
I agree about him having help. Don't think he could be on the run so effectively for this long without it.
Please keep us posted on any new tips.

Also, snicky069, can you clarify about the pilot's license? The Summerfield family friend on here verified last week that he did not have his pilot license but now the Mansfield News Journal is saying that he does.

Thanks!

just wanted to pop in & say hi...i miss the posting/convo with you folks...was always a positive experience for me here...i've been really busy lately with services & with all my efforts in making wanted posters & trying to get the word out about Nate...last night's mis-report of his capture was a punch in the gut to many but hasn't slowed any of our efforts down...am asking tho if any of you could please share the wanted poster below with people you know that it would be greatly appreciated by me & many others

PS- for the record, i still believe that the is alive & that he has assistance (whether knowingly on their behalf or not)

wantedfix072412.jpg

A picture of your flyer hanging in a store window is at this link:

http://obsentinel.womacknewspapers.com/articles/2012/07/25/top_stories/tops160.txt

At 7:37 p.m. Tuesday, 300 balloons were released above Freer Field in remembrance of Jackenheimer, an Ashland mother who was murdered while vacationing in North Carolina earlier this month. Estranged boyfriend Nathan Summerfield, 27, has been charged with the crime.

Deputy U.S. Marshal Ross Wilber said Tuesday authorities have received a lot of tips, but still have not been able to pinpoint their suspect.

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20120725/NEWS01/207250309

It is mind-boggling to me that he is still on the loose...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Affogato
Back