IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
nikb, No, you didn't confuse me. lol
All the initials, now thats a different story. :p
Thanks so much for your reply and YES! The scent dogs hitting near the
trees makes me confused because imo the girls scent shouldn't have
abruptly ended right there............should it?

Where at Meyers Lake in the bushes was their scent found?

One more thing I thought about today, I mean no disrespect to the little girls or their loved ones.

Anyone know if a wildfire or a fire in a strange place has been reported?

(I'm thinking about J. Duncan and what he did.)

Where at Meyers Lake in the bushes was their scent found?

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-07-17/us/us_iowa-missing-cousins_1_arizona-girl-girls-home-persons-case

snip
Scent dogs used by searchers looking for signs of two missing young girls in Iowa ran around a lake and stopped at the water's edge, the mother of one of the girls said

There is another article, not sure of the news source so it may take me a while to find it, that states the dogs went to the water's edge and then to a small area where there is a tree overhang.

Just in case anybody who's interested in missing/murdered children statistics missed Pensfan's link earlier, it is above, bbm. That is an INCREDIBLE reference! Thanks so much for posting it Pensfan!

One of the most fasinating parts of Pensfan's link is the kidnappers of little children are predominently white males.

Arent most serial killers white males too?

One more thing I thought about today, I mean no disrespect to the little girls or their loved ones.

Anyone know if a wildfire or a fire in a strange place has been reported?

(I'm thinking about J. Duncan and what he did.)

Based on what GrainneDhu said here: IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11 sounds like a fire or at least a nearby one is unlikely. Although if there was one it definitely sounds like it would've been reported.

Is the paddleboat a small one or large enough for three people?
Why limit it to a paddleboat? Why not an old rowboat?

Wouldn't they take the dogs to the area where Gma saw them last or did they start at the lake first, which wouldn't make since to me . Cause if they had been taken by a neighbor wouldn't the dogs lead them right there in theory? And say a neighbor did get them why would they within what would be less than ten mins take TWO bikes to the lake in the middle of the day when they could have taken them out in the country where people wouldn't be around to se them dumped.

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-07-17/us/us_iowa-missing-cousins_1_arizona-girl-girls-home-persons-case

snip

There is another article, not sure of the news source so it may take me a while to find it, that states the dogs went to the water's edge and then to a small area where there is a tree overhang.

But consider the source, this information is not coming from the dogs handler or the FBI. The source does not know what the dog was commanded to do. It may be have been a canvas command and the dog found nothing. JMO, MOO, etc

One of the most fasinating parts of Pensfan's link is the kidnappers of little children are predominently white males.

Yes I have noticed that too, I have mentioned that to my husband many times and I think they are usually in their 30s also

It's just terrible when these children can't be brought home.

Horrific that they're taken, somehow even worse if they are never seen again.

I pray that that is not the case here but as time wears on it's looking less and less likely.

I think that the worst part is knowing that even if they are still alive, any chance they ever had of having a normal happy childhood is probably gone.

Well...the ones who have been caught anyway...

snip

That is why I keep going back to a fisherman as the perp.

He could have gotten to know them over a few days. They may have been riding their bikes over there for a few days and seen him in that time.

Whenever we hiked, and my kids saw someone fishing, they always wanted to stop and look. They wanted to see in the bucket and see what was caught.

If a pedophile wanted a good way to meet kids he could hang out at the lake and talk to any kids that stopped by.

We have the girls scent going to the edge of the lake. Maybe they stood there and talked to the perp for awhile.

Then it went into the woods a little bit. Maybe he lured them into there to see some fish or to have a picnic?

They may have been riding their bikes and saw him and he motioned for them to drop their bikes and come through the fence. They already 'knew' him so they felt comfortable doing so.

They talked at the waters edge and he said " do you want some fishing poles to use, or do you want to go on the paddle boat?"

Let's go over to my car/yard/ and get your poles or get the boat.

And why go around it when you can just go thru the unlocked gate?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I think the whole discussion of going over the fence came a few pages back or maybe even in the last thread by someone who had appeared to maybe have not read the previous 600 pages and wasn't aware of a gate.

It definitely sounded that way to me. I questioned the FBI spokesperson's
comments immediately. I thought she was sending a message to someone.
Then again, I watch Criminal Minds. :d

BBM
I think the statements are carefully scripted too, and that there could be a message within. I think they're scripted to encourage more than one interpretation as well. Our "un-sub" is out there, where's Spencer Reid and Penelope Garcia when you need them? If only it were that easy... :sigh:

Lyric, Elizabeth - we're working on getting you home...

From where the girls are seen on the video, I remember seeing a few houses
nearby. Were their also other houses past the security cameras?
<snipped for space>

Hmmm... I thought I remembered reading that one of the houses was the Collins residence or at least that it was very close by but I can't find the specific post. G'ma reported seeing them in that parking lot. Did someone actually take the girls while in view of the Collins house? I know it's not unheard of in these awful cases but if that DID happen it seems to me less likely it was someone who knew the family well. Wouldn't they know someone in the house would be likely to see them? That seems really bold. Then again I'm thankful it's hard for me to think like a child abductor.

IMO etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member