LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT, but i was in a wreck in nola last october that resulted in the person who hit me being arrested. it took me several phone calls, fax, and emails to finally get the police report from nopd. surely, LPD wouldnt have to go thro the same thing as a regular citizen to obtain said report. but it took almost six months and i paid for the report three times before finally obtaining a copy.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/assets/pdf/DG19295683.PDF

In the above document it says

The defendant BSL met the victim LP in Lafayette parish ,enticed and persuaded LP to go with him from Lafayette Parish to another place, and /or forcibly seized and carried LP,to another place, whereupon the defendant forced LP, for her release, to engage in non-consensual acts, and/or inflicted physical injury and/or sexual abuse upon LP.

My bold above

How do they know this? When he enticed and persuaded her to go with him they may have a witness that heard the conversation but how do they know
he forced her for her release. Could they have a witness or a video.
Well, it did also mention a lineup, so I assumed there was some sort of witness.

A little help please...2 things needed...the doc that was just released,<modsnip>...sorry to bother none w/this but I'm do lost right now!

I'm noticing nothing, too, from the person (CH) that was in the news and discussed at length that seemed to have information and was very aware of BSL's history around the time of the accident and Lisa Pate's death.

It could be that by CH talking to the media, she is not considered a credible witness. We don't know if BSL was involved in the June 1999 accident. CH has changed her stories over the years. I think LE had enough info without bringing her suspect testimony into play. JMO.

I finally had a chance to read the doc. It was a lot to digest. I'm really curious about Lisa Pate's murde. A 27 page report on the black Mustang and an accident January 5, 2000. How does that relate to LP's murder five months earlier? And the line up, what did the witness see? Sounds like he did a lot of talking in prison, too. Hmm...guess none of it was mentioned in the glowing letter of recommendation.

That is interesting. Also, I'm wondering if LE just this year got BSL's DNA since it is noted as a 7 page document in the Volume Three (2012) section and nowhere is a DNA report in the Vol One & Two (1999) specifically listed. All the discussion regarding the DNA law going into effect after his arrest & registration as a RSO does make it seem possible.

Here is a link to the document just released.... hope this posts right.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/assets/pdf/DG19295683.PDF

I do not believe (may be wrong), that the name of the 1999 rape victim was released. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

I read where some kept referring to her as "Evangline Parish" instead of "the victim was FROM Evangline Parish"... It's the dude that ran the MSM article that stated the author G. Lavergne was indeed related to BSL. It's the article that has the pic of BSL w/his Momma. Anyone know what I'm talking about? <modsnip>

I just can't see him admitting he killed these two women; he seems to have an inability to admit any wrongdoing on his part. If he accepts a plea, he would have to not only tell where Mickey is, but go over each crime in great detail, and it would have to match the evidence they have. And he would lose the "benefit" not only of appeals but of claiming wrongful conviction.

Yah, I don't think he's "the type" that's ever going to admit to the killings or any other wrong doing. In a way, I associate him more as a male version of Casey Anthony... They both seem to share the same personality traits, as far as who they want society to perceive them as vs who they really are... Like her, I think BSL lies and manipulates those close to him by boldly trying to convince them that everyone else has it all wrong. Of course, they're convinced themselves that they've done nothing wrong.... They're the victim. And even though BSL has served 8 years in prison for rape, he is trying to convince others he is not a SO. He's even willing to bribe the bmv employee to alter his license. Imo, he probably feels entitled and justified... and accepts zero responsibility for his crime. Evidenced by the bribe, by him petitioning to have his RSO status lifted, by altering his license, etc... Like Casey, no one in BSL's life held him accountable, it seems they tiptoed around him and found it easier to just pacify him and avoid any confrontation...

These type of personalities rarely wake up one morning and decide to do the right thing. They're so used to getting their way, and escaping consequences that even when faced with overwhelming evidence they still believe they will find a way out of it... Which btw, made it even more sickening that the P12 found her not guilty. I really hope I'm wrong about BSL, but I don't think there's much chance he will ever confess or aid le in any way...
All jmo.

29 members and 31 guests reading Thread. Comeon guests, register for WS and join in with the discussions. This recent document is chocked full of information. For weeks we at WS have been discussing the details and trying to figure out what all may have happened with MS. WS posters were spot on about so many things and questioned things that have turned out to have merit. Guests join WS and post some of your ideas and observations.

Cudos to WSers on all your hard work, research, speculations and opinions. While it seems like things were going s l o w for a time, we can see that LE was in fact busy at work. I think they have a strong case for LP and MS. Quite possibly for others... maybe several others. Time will tell. Right now the most critical aspect is to find MS. Hope that happens this weekend.

I read where some kept referring to her as "Evangline Parish" instead of "the victim was FROM Evangline Parish"... It's the dude that ran the MSM article that stated the author G. Lavergne was indeed related to BSL. It's the article that has the pic of BSL w/his Momma. Anyone know what I'm talking about? If anyone does know her name...please PM me. I sounds weird but someone from another site asked for it.

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2012/07/will-more-victims-be-found-connected-to.html

i dont condone this site. just putting it out there

I had wondered weeks ago if he had a safe deposit box...but it was kind of shot down. Am interested to see if he did, in fact, have the nerve to keep evidence in a bank.

I, like poster Steve, hope that the often identical wording about the two victims is just legalese and not trying to bolster one case by the other. Hope there is a lot of evidence for each to stand on their own.

What I see in this guy is a pattern of desperation. JMO, but it's like he spirals when his "real" world is about to crumble. It's almost as when he can't control his life, he goes out and he victimizes so he can feel some semblence of control. I'm no shrink, but I just believe this so strongly.

I agree with this! It seems he does appear to act out when stressed or feeling out of control. I imagine he was frustrated or angry that he was being challenged about his RSO status by the GF's family.

In regard to LPs murder, the accident he was allegedly involved in (chasing car off road, etc.) happening 6/19/99. The records document LP's death as on or around 7/3/99. Perhaps he was enraged about something related to the girl that claims he was stalking her etc. LP's remain were found so many months later--there is no way forensics could have narrowed such a specific death date down. My thought is that new evidence was certainly obtained since then--and my hunch is that much was found in the search of his residence. I was surprised not to see that girls initial's anywhere in the report. Can additional items be added later? I bet they can since the investigations continue as tips arise. Maybe her info is hearsay, but it may at least lead investigators to more concrete evidence.

It amazes me he was able to keep the evidence from others and keep them safe while he was in prison and after his own place burning several years back, etc. My suspicion was that he had some kind of lock box or safe that was stored for him while in jail, then back in his possession after, that he kept the IDs and other things in. Could have even been in the trunk of one of the many of those vehicles he had. Maybe he had a bunch of old cars he bought to worked on in spare time and they were kept by the stepdad or someone while he as in jail.

The report does not state (unless I missed it) that the Jan 5, 2000 accident report and the black mustang are necessarily linked. I remember reading that BSLs ex wife filed a domestic violence report against him in early January 2000--something about him coming to her work place in Opelousas. Perhaps that is the "accident" report? Not sure. Another thought was that the mustang could have been the ex-wife's car and he wrecked it after that dispute---or maybe it was LP's vehicle and he used her vehicle when coercing/forcing her to leave Lafayette parish?

This is my first post--I have been reading an researching for a while. It interests me as I was local and have local family. One note--I do know some of those search forms were obtained from land owners to search the parcels. That may be the case with T. McG. as well.

here's AFG Excavation at 1235 Leger
http://goo.gl/maps/ZXLvE

But that's Crowley. I thought the document stated the dumpster was at 1235 Leger Rd in Church Point? There was another Leger Rd address in Crowley but it was a house I think. Can't find Leger Rd in Church Point though. When I search on the map it only comes up with Leger Alley behind Guidry's funeral home?? I will go try to check it out this weekend. Am I missing something here, or can someone clear up my confusion?

But that's Crowley. I thought the document stated the dumpster was at 1235 Leger Rd in Church Point? There was another Leger Rd address in Crowley but it was a house I think. Can't find Leger Rd in Church Point though. When I search on the map it only comes up with Leger Alley behind Guidry's funeral home?? I will go try to check it out this weekend. Am I missing something here, or can someone clear up my confusion?

I noticed that too!!! However it did make me wonder if he thought he'd be clever and dispose of things in the funeral home dumspter!!!!!

:welcome5:

Glad to have you posting and welcome MissKJN. Good first post.

I am so confused about what is located in Crowley, Church Point, Eunice and the other rural locations in this case. I've looked at maps but have not been able to clearly understand what is what or where is there.... LOL.

Has a local already posted a map clarifying key locations in this case as to the different little towns (or rather that has that town as address)? Please direct me to that post if it exists. I'm not in the know on making keyed maps, so am not much help in this task. Just thought I would ask in light of all the new addresses included in the recently released document.

A little help please...2 things needed...the doc that was just released,mwhere is it in full posted & the name of the girl from the 1999 rape <modsnip>...sorry to bother none w/this but I'm do lost right now!

I believe LE and the media have done a great job in not releasing the name of the surviving victim. I don't think it's out there to find in a web search, nor do I think it's appropriate to even try and dig it up. Because of her bravery in reporting her attack to LE, BL was off the streets and locked up for 8 years. She deserves the respect of having her privacy and anonymity maintained. Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to be harsh. I just think that victim's right to privacy supercedes the public's right to know.

Just looked at the rso's in Lafayette parish and there are 7 with the last name Lavergne.
6 of them arrested for contact with a juvenile and one for sexual battery of the infermed.

Is Lavergne a very common name there? As common as white trucks? That seems like a lot of people with the same last name to be rso's in one Parrish.

Some of them resemble bsl to me. I know he was adopted...

Actually there are 8 lavergnes who are RSO on Lafayette.
Forgot to include bsl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member