IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why would there be the two that did speak to news reporters about what they saw? Did LE not deem them to be credible witnesses so they don't care who they talk to?

In every case, there are one or more people who just can't resist talking to the media. Or who are too polite to say "no comment" when approached by the media.

You can't infer how important a witness is by their willingness to talk to the media. While LE may not like it, in most cases they cannot forbid a witness from speaking to the media (free speech rights).

My guess would be that Mr Carpenter may not be a crucial witness since his account is so vague as to time. TG may or may not be an important witness; it's too soon to say with the information available to me.

But why would there be the two that did speak to news reporters about what they saw? Did LE not deem them to be credible witnesses so they don't care who they talk to?

I wonder if some witnesses reported info to LE using a tip line - they could remain anonymous and still leave their info. JMO

That makes perfect sense. If the FBI says "runner" when they mean "jogger" or perhaps even cyclist, they may also say "paddle boat" and mean "canoe or kayak". It may be a good idea for investigators to ask the public about any non-motor water crafts that they may have seen on the water, including canoes, kayaks and boats referred to as paddle boats ... just to be on the safe side and ensure that no one remains silent because they have the wrong idea about "paddle boat".

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the FBI would know the difference in a paddleboat, a canoe and a kayak. I'm not much of a water sports person myself, but I can tell the difference in the three. For one thing, these FBI could be local as well. Most states have field offices scattered around, usually in bigger towns. Some of them could be native Iowans.

I really hope some jacka..es don't send out lies and cause distractions. :maddening: I mean if it's true, great, but IDK.

That's why we aren't supposed to link to FB pages here. Those pages contain some of the most outrageous statements with nothing to back them up. In no way do they help anyone locate Lyric and Elizabeth, IMO.

nervous_nellie (love the Banksy avatar btw) posted this article earlier. Oh-my-Lord is this disturbing: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-08-04/child-*advertiser censored*-network/56782672/1

These were babies! It's a sad world we live in.

How much would a PI cost?

More than most people can afford. They charge upwards of $250 to $300 a day in some places. I could afford one for about fifteen minutes... maybe.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the FBI would know the difference in a paddleboat, a canoe and a kayak. I'm not much of a water sports person myself, but I can tell the difference in the three. For one thing, these FBI could be local as well. Most states have field offices scattered around, usually in bigger towns. Some of them could be native Iowans.

There is an FBI office in Omaha that covers all of Iowa.

Which would mean they are probably Cornhusker fans who regard my poor Hawkeyes as so much dirt to pick out of their cleats. It's amazing how big those Cornhuskers look when they are playing the Hawkeyes.

There is an FBI office in Omaha that covers all of Iowa.

Which would mean they are probably Cornhusker fans who regard my poor Hawkeyes as so much dirt to pick out of their cleats. It's amazing how big those Cornhuskers look when they are playing the Hawkeyes.
:floorlaugh:

I really hope some jacka..es don't send out lies and cause distractions. :maddening: I mean if it's true, great, but IDK.

Well the good (?) news is it was almost a month prior to when the girls went missing. Of course now I want to know what happened to the person who was holding up that sign and I hope they are ok, but it wasn't Lyric and/or Elizabeth.

nervous_nellie (love the Banksy avatar btw) posted this article earlier. Oh-my-Lord is this disturbing: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-08-04/child-*advertiser censored*-network/56782672/1

Oh. My. God.
This is sickening, it literally makes me want to throw up!!! Nineteen days old????? What sick and twisted mind could find any kind of satisfaction from raping a newborn??!!!
I hope I don't have nightmares tonight.

"Brousseau said that just last week she taught Lyric how to "save someone if they went limp in the water." She said she also taught both girls how to "drop to the ground and fight" if someone tried to abduct them."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/fbi-dogs-joining-search-iowa-cousins-8-and-10

Aunt Tammy has been soooo helpful. Even with her gut instinct to go to the lake.

ack

That just makes me feel like somebody knows that the girls dropped to the ground and fought when they were being abducted.

Am i the only one that uses the "Thanks" button as a "Like/Agree" button too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ