GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently a neighbour saw her leaving on friday but this hasn't been confirmed and although there were other people around, no one saw her leave the area and no CCTV has picked her up leaving.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...akes-emotional-appeal-schoolgirls-return.html
Hazell says he didn't see her leave, but gave her £11. Surely he'd be giving her the money as she left....that's if he even did give her money.
Too many inconsistencies in his stories.

Hi there, first time poster here.

Like others, I am uneasy about the information out so far. Did anyone actually see Tia on the Thursday evening, other than the "Grandad"? It seems odd that the last sighting of her is with him on the Thursday night, and she disappears wearing the same clothes (apparently the next day). Its almost as if Friday never happened, if you get what I mean?

Lots of contradictions in the story too. The grandmother goes to work early leaving Tia in bed (did she actually check on her before she left for work?) and the grandmother's partner says he gave her money to buy shoes, but was unable to hear who she said she was meeting .... but didn't actually make the effort to ask again? None of Tia's friends have come forward to say she was meant to be meeting them (so either he is telling a lie, or it was a secret meeting that no one else knew about).

However other family members say that the grandmother's partner walked Tia to the tram or bus stop. But no there is no CCTV to confirm this, and no eye witnesses. However, a resident thinks she saw Tia on her own that day (but could she be mistaken and actually have seen her on Thursday, when she was wearing the same outfit). There are no cctv photos of her on any of the trams or buses she would have caught. So, she disappeared between the house and the bus stop (which the "Grandad" walked her to apparently). Its not a massive distance, a couple of streets apparently - but nobody saw a thing.

Then we have a 12 year old girl going shopping quite a distance away from home, by bus but with no bus ticket, and with no mobile phone. Surely if she isn't sure that she will actually be able to get on the bus either there or back, surely she'd need to be able to phone someone for a lift home. Also, a mobile phone can plot a person's movements, so here we have Tia's phone (and therefore Tia) making it back to the Gran's house on the Thursday night ... but never leaving.

As well as finding it odd that a 12 year old would leave home without her mobile phone, I find it equally puzzling that she would wear the same outfit two days running. Most girls this age are very fashion conscious, and particular about hygiene, and I don't know of any that wouldn't actually change into something new. Wondering if her underwear as been found from the day before?

It seems that this poor girl has a rather large extended family - step grandparents, step parents, a father she doesn't appear to see very much and a 37 year old man she refers to as her grandad - which incidently I find particularly odd. I really hope she is found safe and well, but personally I think the answer may lie closer to home than a stranger abduction - Just my opinion, obviously.

Hello YidArmyRach, and welcome to WS. Very good first post.

It seems that this poor girl has a rather large extended family - step grandparents, step parents, a father she doesn't appear to see very much and a 37 year old man she refers to as her grandad - which incidently I find particularly odd. I really hope she is found safe and well, but personally I think the answer may lie closer to home than a stranger abduction - Just my opinion, obviously.

Snipped. I am glad that you said this, I felt a bit uneasy reading that she seems to go and stay with extended family a fair bit. Maybe they are a very close knit group and this is normal for them.

I'm not really suprised you couldn't find it... not a very easy website to navigate!

Those conflicting reports again from Granddad
"Relations said Tia told Mr Hazell she was catching the bus into Croydon and left the house alone at about midday. She has not been seen since.
However, Mr Hazell told his sister, Sarah Parratt, and his father, Keith Hazell, that he had walked with her to the tram station but was unsure whether she boarded a tram.
“He’s beside himself,” Mrs Parratt said. “He was the last person to see her and he just doesn’t know what has happened.
“He said he almost went into town with her but it would have been too busy. He gave her £11 to buy some flip-flops and left her to it. He thinks the world of her and treats her like his own daughter. Tia spends every weekend with Stuart and her gran.”
Keith Hazell said: “I spoke to Stuart this morning. He said he had walked her to the tram but then what happened?”"

From The Telegraph

“He said he almost went into town with her but it would have been too busy. He gave her £11 to buy some flip-flops and left her to it. He thinks the world of her and treats her like his own daughter. Tia spends every weekend with Stuart and her gran.”

BBM.... Almost went into town with her but it would have been too BUSY?!!? But she was ok to go in to the busy town centre on her own?!

His stories are becoming more and more bizarre!

This is the bit I don't get....he tells his father he walked her to the tram stop, but tells other family members that he didn't see/hear her go out. He can't have it both ways. Surely if he really did walk her to the tram stop, someone would have noticed them together. I agree with YidRach - girls don't wear the same outfit 2 days on the trot and it's as if Friday didn't happen (whcih is why I'm questioning when the Nan actually saw her last as she didn't check on her on leaving the house on Friday).

Yes... me too... media don't seem to have any issues with his two contradicting stories!

Yes... me too... media don't seem to have any issues with his two contradicting stories!

I'm sure I heard one of the Sky reporters saying Tia had "supposedly" left the house .... that made me think that he was doubting that aspect of the story.

At least the US is not the only place with terrible reporting...

What happened to "he was hoovering at the time..."

Good grief-can't anyone get the actual story?

Like others, I am uneasy about the information out so far. Did anyone actually see Tia on the Thursday evening, other than the "Grandad"? It seems odd that the last sighting of her is with him on the Thursday night, and she disappears wearing the same clothes (apparently the next day). Its almost as if Friday never happened, if you get what I mean?

Lots of contradictions in the story too. The grandmother goes to work early leaving Tia in bed (did she actually check on her before she left for work?) and the grandmother's partner says he gave her money to buy shoes, but was unable to hear who she said she was meeting .... but didn't actually make the effort to ask again? None of Tia's friends have come forward to say she was meant to be meeting them (so either he is telling a lie, or it was a secret meeting that no one else knew about).

However other family members say that the grandmother's partner walked Tia to the tram or bus stop. But no there is no CCTV to confirm this, and no eye witnesses. However, a resident thinks she saw Tia on her own that day (but could she be mistaken and actually have seen her on Thursday, when she was wearing the same outfit). There are no cctv photos of her on any of the trams or buses she would have caught. So, she disappeared between the house and the bus stop (which the "Grandad" walked her to apparently). Its not a massive distance, a couple of streets apparently - but nobody saw a thing.

Then we have a 12 year old girl going shopping quite a distance away from home, by bus but with no bus ticket, and with no mobile phone. Surely if she isn't sure that she will actually be able to get on the bus either there or back, surely she'd need to be able to phone someone for a lift home. Also, a mobile phone can plot a person's movements, so here we have Tia's phone (and therefore Tia) making it back to the Gran's house on the Thursday night ... but never leaving.

As well as finding it odd that a 12 year old would leave home without her mobile phone, I find it equally puzzling that she would wear the same outfit two days running. Most girls this age are very fashion conscious, and particular about hygiene, and I don't know of any that wouldn't actually change into something new. Wondering if her underwear as been found from the day before?

Agree that the neighbor could have seen her from the day before,wearing that same top...but it was mentioned that she had on leopard- print leggins on the day she disappeared. Same top,different leggins. And it must have been her step-grandfather who told LE about those leopard-print leggins,and that she was wearing black and pink sneakers. So, he gave LE quite a detailed description.
But, no cctv sightings...

Two questions I would have are : does step-grand have access to a vehicle ? Did LE take cadaver dogs into the house and backyard ?

JMO

Are any of these people actually married to each other? Is stepdad married to mom? How old is grandma? Her "partner" is 37? Why is it considered awful that dad tried to reach his daughter through facebook?

Police believe Tia was wearing the same top and jeans when she went missing, said Scola.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/aug/07/london-missing-tia-sharp-stepfather-speaks

I don't know if anyone is married or not. I often hear people use the word 'partner' even for their spouse. Stepdad has said he's been in the picture since 'day dot'. Nan and partner have been together 5 years. Tia spends weekends at Nan's.

Take it FWIW because I don't know what paper reported it...Dad and Tia supposedly had an argument on facebook. Dad's family deny that claim. Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01