GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
More info added here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19159340

the last person to see Tia was her grandmother's partner.
CCTV image of Tia Sharp Tia Sharp was captured on CCTV on Thursday, the day before she vanished

Tia went there the previous day after travelling there by tram, with her grandmother's partner meeting her half-way at East Croydon station.

BBM

I wonder if grandma saw Tia on thursday at all. Was the CCTV before or after she met the partner at East Croydon station?

I have to attend to my 10 week old son so in & out but continually hoping for Tia to be found.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...akes-emotional-appeal-schoolgirls-return.html

She was seen on camera meeting Mrs Sharp’s boyfriend of five years, Stuart Hazell, in a Co-op store on Thursday afternoon, wearing the same white vest top and grey skinny jeans she had on when she vanished.

Mr Hazell was the last person to see her when she left on Friday morning, telling him she was going to the Whitgift shopping centre in Croydon to buy flip-flops.

But her distraught family revealed yesterday that Mr Hazell was doing housework when Tia left and was unable to hear her over the sound of the vacuum cleaner when she called out to say who she was meeting.

Mrs Sharp claimed Tia had recently clashed with her biological father, Steven Carter, after he tried to contact her on Facebook.

Mr Carter’s brother Aaron, 27, denied claims of harassment last night.

article-2183920-146A90AA000005DC-926_634x665.jpg

I wonder if like most young people Tia posted on FB on Thursday where she was planning to travel to the following day? Could her Father have picked her up to talk without others influence? Just my thoughts. Keeping Tia and her family in my prayers and hoping this ends well for all :please:

Is it me or does the photo on the missing t-shirt seem a much older photo than the ones i've seen online, would seem better to have the most updated pic availible.

Hypothetically speaking, of course... But is there/are there websites where one can explore criminal backgrounds of citizens of England..

"A scheme that allows parents to check if someone with regular access to their children has a history of child sex offences is being extended. The Home Office scheme was piloted in four areas in England from September 2008. It is now being rolled out in eight more forces and will be expanded to the whole of England and Wales by spring." This is taken from Sarah's Law website

http://www.sarahslaw.co.uk/sarah/

"“Sarah’s Law” was proposed after the murder of eight-year-old Sarah Payne by a convicted sex offender 10 years ago. Sarah was kidnapped and murdered by Roy Whiting in West Sussex in 2000."

I think in practice people with children can approach the police to find out if a person who has regular contact with their child has had any convictions relating to sexual offences on children. I think the police are limited in what they can tell you and the parent has to keep the information confidential.

The law is very limiting as confidentiality reigns supreme. I am not allowed if I know them in any professional situation to let others know the names of any pedophiles I know about and I do know of some and it makes things very difficult. Yet the person can have been convicted of the crime.

thanks

and there's one of those stores in the mall she said she was going to?

There is a Primark in EVERY mall you go to or somewhere nearby- at least there usually is. Most young girls probably end up there because the clothing is pocket money cheap at times.

Have they thought of looking at the Primark CTV? -or that of the other Croydon shops just to rule out that Tia did not get to Croydon and also it might show if she is with anyone.

:newhere:
Hello everyone, I'm not sure I've posted before but when i went to join, i realised i was allready a member :). Nice to meet you all. :seeya:

I'm from England and this incident and the lack of media overage is worrying me. I know it's the Olympics but a missing girl is so much more important.

Like many on here I am concerned that there is no CCTV evidence. If what Mr Hazell said about walking her to the tram station was true, there would be some evidence. I've seen no statements from him on TV and anything he's said seems to have been reported 2nd and 3rd hand. I wonder where he is right now, is he in custody does anyone know? :confused:

It's my gut feeling sadly that he is responsible. Why else would his account change? :(

10 years ago, August was clouded by the disappearance of Holly and Jessica. I do hope that this isn't going to end in tragedy, but deep down i feel that Tia is no longer with us.

The family does seem quite convoluted, mum is very young with a young boyfriend and Hazell who is the grandmothers partner is only 37. There needs to be ways of checking on a partner to ensure they are not on the sex offenders register as I don't think this can be done at the mo unless as part of an official responsibility, such as children's leader/teacher etc.

And I agree, what girl leaves home without their mobile? My son does because he'd forget his head if it wasn't screwed on, but my nieces never would!

No open access to records here. Like so much else involving our children the issue has become a political hotbed. :( A lot of people cite the risk of vigilantism, human rights violations, effectiveness, etc. as reasons for not allowing the register to be open. My husband clearly remembers a pediatrician being attacked because her attackers confused pediatrician for pedophile. I remember reading of a convicted pedophile being beaten to death in London my first year here.

Theoretically though the police are supposed to be able to tell parents of young children if an offender is living within a certain proximity. Any person working with vulnerable people, even in a volunteer capacity, is supposed to have a background check done. Unfortunately we know some offenders don't have a rap sheet.

One of the biggest problems here, and a huge difference from the US, are appallingly lenient sentences given to those convicted of crimes against children. Infuriating and ironic because children in the UK are often nearly socially revered. I'll get off my soapbox now. ;)

I will try not to get on mine having had a friend unknowingly live next door to an SO who wormed his way into her friendship with inevitable disasterous results and was then able to disapear without trace.......

Welcome Lottie, glad to see you :welcome:

I am also perturbed about the lack of coverage, this is an ideal time for "Missing People" and their new ambassador, Kate McCann to be publicising Tia's disappearance

I am also perturbed about the lack of coverage, this is an ideal time for "Missing People" and their new ambassador, Kate McCann to be publicising Tia's disappearance
:floorlaugh:

I thought the very same and went to their website expecting Tia to be front and centre. No such luck as Kate is still the top story in their latest news section. :furious:

Gavin Barwell MP ‏@GavinBarwellMP
Refuse & recycling collections in Fieldway ward suspended yesterday to assist police in their search for Tia Sharp #NewAddington

There is a website where you can check reported crime in the uk police.uk where you can put a postcode or town name and check.
But looking at the list it doesn't include sex offences as a separate item.

I have my suspicons that the media is just making things up because they really want to be reporting on the Olympics. My guess is the moment the Olympics end they will start doing more reporting on Tia.

And don't forget all the London police are going to be focused on the Olympics and so on,

BUT it does not add up. No mobile, and what Father or step-father does not STOP vacumming if he was to ask a 12 year old where they are going? HOW does he know where she went if he could not hear her - or for that matter how much money she had?

No CCTV?

No sightings?

and a description of what she was wearng the day before..........

(I agree twelve year olds won't usually wear the same thing two days running.)

Now if you wanted to tget spurious sightings by people who have seen the clothes on a girl but are not so certain what day it was....

Add in to this that if you meet friends you usually want your mobile and if your child goes that far alone you would make very sure they had it.

Add in that it makes No sense to be meeting a child half way to where she is going one day then let her go miles the next.

Add in that the stepfather is not named- very odd.

I suspect that the police know more than they are saying and have more suspicions than they are voicing but I do think that they may need to look close to home for answers.

YES!!!! WHERE IS KATE? That is a very good point.

I have my suspicons that the media is just making things up because they really want to be reporting on the Olympics. My guess is the moment the Olympics end they will start doing more reporting on Tia.

And don't forget all the London police are going to be focused on the Olympics and so on,

BUT it does not add up. No mobile, and what Father or step-father does not STOP vacumming if he was to ask a 12 year old where they are going? HOW does he know where she went if he could not hear her - or for that matter how much money she had?

No CCTV?

No sightings?

and a description of what she was wearng the day before..........

(I agree twelve year olds won't usually wear the same thing two days running.)

Now if you wanted to tget spurious sightings by people who have seen the clothes on a girl but are not so certain what day it was....

Add in to this that if you meet friends you usually want your mobile and if your child goes that far alone you would make very sure they had it.

Add in that it makes No sense to be meeting a child half way to where she is going one day then let her go miles the next.

Add in that the stepfather is not named- very odd.

I suspect that the police know more than they are saying and have more suspicions than they are voicing but I do think that they may need to look close to home for answers.

It is not her step father, it's her step Grandad...and he has been named, I shall just do a quick look and find it for you!

Stepfather is David Hines 29 and his mother thinks something awful has happened to Tia. I wonder what she thinks of Hazell...It's almost like she wants to say something more, but can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
|lighthouse|