Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy gave himself up for both Lisa and Mickey

http://www.theind.com/extras/Lavergne-Disclosure.pdf
page 2 says he gave a voluntary statement to officer lightfoot
page 6 shows who he talked to about Mickey
(I don't know why I was unable to copy and paste the documents)

What I found most interesting about all of this is on page 7 where LE is using a statement BSL made on April 20th against him -- a month before the kidnapping and murder of MS.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-08-08 at 12.44.07 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-08-08 at 12.44.07 PM.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 83
If Mickey was in the back seat, why didn't she just jump out of the truck? Why engage a large man in hand to hand combat?

My husband has an extended cab GMC and the back doors can only be opened when the front doors are open and the back windows are stationary.

ETA... I just realized that BSL's truck was a 4dr, not extended cab. so the back doors would have opened separately...

Facial reconstruction makes no sense to me; this is usually done when someone is found and LE has no idea who it is. They have access to Mickey's parents' DNA, even if for some reason they cannot come up with hers from her personal belongings.

I would think there would be DNA available from within the bones, considering the short time that has elapsed. Facial reconstruction would seem to take a lot longer than 24 to 48 hours.

I think it's clear that the basis of the initial identification was that BL led LE to her (this is pretty much a confession, something many people here insisted, without justification, was impossible), and she was found with personal belongings. I don't see the point in baseless macabre speculation about what he might have done to her teeth or other body parts, other than to disturb people.

http://www.katc.com/news/deputies-lavergne-left-jail-tuesday/

Officials with the Lafayette Parish Sheriff's Office say Lavergne was returned to the jail between 3:00 P. M. and 3:30 P. M.

Checked out of jail at 6:40 am and returned between 3:00-3:30 pm? Seems like a long time. :waitasec:

I wonder if he took them to other body locations?? Maybe they will return to those locations later this week??

FWIW, I have heard from 2 reliable sources -but of course, I can't confirm with a link - that LE believes strongly that there are 3 other women he is responsible for killing.

Funny, as far as I can tell, Dee was nowhere near Evangeline Parish today.

Dee and Blue were married long before he was CAO. They were married when they were both working at KLFY and Dee was still a two-bit reporter just beginning to do investigative reporting and doing expose's on dark, shady dealings in City and Parish government. This was during/after Kenny Boagni's term, which as we all know, Kenny did some time for his misdeeds.You talk about Dee like he's nothing more than a government hack and a bit corrupt to boot, passing along information to his wife through unofficial channels. Knowing the man like I do, I take umbrage. You're wrong. I've seen instances where he didn't tell his wife anything until after the fact, otherwise KLFY would be scooping everything under the sun.

Before Dee can release it to anyone, it has to go through proper channels. Before that information hits the ears of LCG, it goes through the police departments, in particular the chiefs and the members of the joint task force. Statements have to be prepared. Those "tip offs" today went to several media outlets...KATC chose to err on the side of overcaution, and the Independent was also releasing information at the same time KLFY was. Was Dee sleeping with those critters, too?
<modsnip>

MOO.

Hey CC thanks for your reply. I have enjoyed your postings and think you're being overly defensive of Dee Stanley.

<modsnip>

I did not call Dee "corrupt" as you said, but providing advanced information to his wife, imo is not a stretch at all. As far as him "sleeping with those critters" (lol) at The Independant, I think that is what the red phone on his desk is for. :)

What I found most interesting about all of this is on page 7 where LE is using a statement BSL made on April 20th against him -- a month before the kidnapping and murder of MS.

This is just my opinion, but I'm not sure whether all the statements indicated were related directly to Mickey. He may have mentioned some other type of incriminating detail (for example, lying about his RSO status, lying about his whereabouts on another occasion, a statement made about other victims, comment made to a co-worker that seemed harmless at the time... who knows?).

not sure if y'all posted these yet. i'm just logging in. it's pictures a local took of the cemetery this morning

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o170/lsutiga/21406DF9.jpg

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o170/lsutiga/43E6F1EB.jpg

I saw these earlier, but IMO something isn't right here.

The aerial map for the Pinseclair Cemetery shows the gravesites located quite a distance from the road. In these photos the gravesites are clearly visible from the road. I do see the crimetape, but still questioning whether or not it's the same place.

I do hope LE has someone stationed at the entrance to prevent people from entering the property and trampling all over the cemetery. I feel badly for the family members of those buried there.

I've read that facial reconstruction is cheaper and faster than DNA or dental comparisons.

I know! I'm very confused about that. If he told someone his plans of kidnapping, raping or killing someone, why wouldn't they have reported that? Maybe they too were scared and intimidated by him? Unless he had seen Mickie somewhere and was just talking about her that wasn't necessarily anything bad.

The guy gave himself up for both Lisa and Mickey

http://www.theind.com/extras/Lavergne-Disclosure.pdf
page 2 says he gave a voluntary statement to officer lightfoot
page 6 shows who he talked to about Mickey
(I don't know why I was unable to copy and paste the documents)

I think all statements in this document are clearly related to the Mickey Shunick case. (Someone said perhaps not?)

Wasn't June 14th the date given that LE was tipped off by concerned citizen which I believe was discussed here as person from car dealership, but these documents show that police have statements on June 14th that BSL gave to FAMILY members.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-08-08 at 1.02.07 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-08-08 at 1.02.07 PM.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 42
I saw these earlier, but IMO something isn't right here.

The aerial map for the Pinseclair Cemetery shows the gravesites located quite a distance from the road. In these photos the gravesites are clearly visible from the road. I do see the crimetape, but still questioning whether or not it's the same place.

I do hope LE has someone stationed at the entrance to prevent people from entering the property and trampling all over the cemetery. I feel badly for the family members of those buried there.

i looked closely before posting to be sure that it was the same location as what katc has on their website. look at this picture below. it has the same two bare branches on the right hand side of the cop car. the two bare branches are more obvious in the photobucket pics due to the morning sunlight

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#

I think all statements in this document are clearly related to the Mickey Shunick case. (Someone said perhaps not?)

Wasn't June 14th the date given that LE was tipped off by concerned citizen which I believe was discussed here as person from car dealership, but these documents show that police have statements on June 14th that BSL gave to FAMILY members.

These statements could have just been about his fake mugging attack, his multiple hospital visits or about his truck being stolen then burned. I don't think it necessarily has to do with him confessing to family members.

I'm not understanding why the Faces Lab is handling identification. DNA would certainly be available, considering the time that has elapsed. Something strange here. I don't think the Faces Lab can complete their work in 24 to 48 hours either.

They do much more than just identification. When only a skeleton remains it is sent there so they can try to determine cause and time of death along with identification.

What do forensic anthropologists do?

They use techniques employed by physical anthropologists to identify human skeletal remains. They analyze skeletal remains to build a profile consisting of age, race, sex, height, presence or absence of trauma, and time since death. The purpose of the profile is to aid law enforcement in positive identification of an individual when no other means are available. Sometimes it is not possible to gather all of the pertinent information because the remains may be badly damaged or fragmented. Whenever possible, however, forensic anthropologists create a detailed profile of the remains, with the ultimate goal of positive identification.

What is the difference between forensic anthropology and forensic pathology?

A forensic anthropologist is a physical anthropologist with specialized training in osteology and/or skeletal biology. Forensic pathologists are medical doctors that specialize in forensic pathology. They perform autopsies in order to establish the cause of death. Forensic anthropologists concentrate mainly on bony anatomy, whereas, forensic pathologists concentrate on soft tissue anatomy, internal organs, bodily fluids, etc.

I suggested this earlier and stand in total agreement with this. Bike path/jogging trail with an adjacent dog park would be totally fitting and appropriate in honor of Mickey.

If there is anything we can do to try to implement this, I'm in--let me know!

These statements could have just been about his fake mugging attack, his multiple hospital visits or about his truck being stolen then burned. I don't think it necessarily has to do with him confessing to family members.

Agreed, but then where is the tip from the "concerned citizen"? Would make no sense for LE to not use the tip that actually led them to BSL in building their timeline and case against him.

The statements don't necessarily have to have been exactly about Mickey. BSL was arrested and then interviews were conducted by LE. Things that may have just been offhand, inconspicuous statements gained a completely different meaning after he was arrested for Kidnapping & murder. There are several very important pieces of evidence (crimes, lies, actions, and stories) that are completely wrapped into his attempt to hide his alleged crime. His wounds, truck stolen, mugging, purchasing a new vehicle, having surgery, etc. When I read "statements to family members or to person XYZ", I think none are along the lines of "I killed Mickey Shunick" but more likely related to his vast web of lies and attempted cover up like telling a family member he was muggedor a friend he had his truck stolen, etc. I don't think he ever confessed to anyone about Mickey until he told police yesterday or Monday. Just how I see it. MOO.

The tv station here reported that BSL was allowed out of prison yesterday with a deputy and it looks like he led them to that spot so it is most likely her but they are holding off IDing her to be completely sure and to give the family time to deal with it

I know! I'm very confused about that. If he told someone his plans of kidnapping, raping or killing someone, why wouldn't they have reported that? Maybe they too were scared and intimidated by him? Unless he had seen Mickie somewhere and was just talking about her that wasn't necessarily anything bad.

it just says statments. maybe he said something like "I wonder what kind of injuries someone would sustain if they were hit by a vehicle traveling 10 MPH while riding their bike."

He just said something that in hindsight the person realized may have been connected to his plan of kidnapping and killing Mickey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lifescholar