Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try not to forget this is "cajun country". Cut off finger so what slap a bandaid on it and get to work is the typical mentality. As far as when he slept, For all we know he coulda slept all day before going on the "prowl" for a victim. Its not that hard to be up for 24 straight hours if you wanna.

Or perhaps the grave was dug ahead of time...before Mickey was abducted.

according to what was released the other day he held her captive for awhile. I am guessing she faught like hell and that pizzed him off and he killed her. I am wondering how long she was kept and how LE knew this and that he murdered her before she was found, was there evidence at his house, because the truck was burned so I doubt they could have been able to tell she was murdered from the truck......

Did he really hold her captive for awhile? I had mentioned that early on in another thread and got a tad bit slammed for thinking that was even a possibilty. I would really like to know for how long he had her captive. I'm glad that they have found her body and she going to get a proper burial.

If it's acceptable to ride a bike at the end of a funeral procession? ( If it is indeed her,)

I don't know if this has been discussed, but I remember when they thought they had maybe found MS's body on some land near BSL's home. The farmer had reported 3 mounds of dirt that looked like graves. Well, I was thinking about this last night and about the recent document that was released detailing the charges --- one of them being 'continuing tampering of the body' --- and it made me wonder if BSL didn't originally bury MS on that land near his house and then move her once things started getting really heated up. The 3 mounds of dirt could have been from BSL having a hard time finding exactly where MS was and having to try and try again. What do y'all think? MOO

Article from July 12 --- http://www.wbtv.com/story/19014864/shunick-volunteers-refuse-to-give-up?clienttype=printable

Who posted this? It's beautiful!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtH7VBDVRsU&feature=player_detailpage"]La Grace du Ciel II - YouTube[/ame]

thank You MamaRoux!

Just saw the news . Not what I was hoping for . But at least if this is Mickey the family can finally have closure,

I missed this news yesterday. I was working at the polls for a local election, with no access to phone, computer or tv.

Before I begin catching up by reading everything, I just want to join others here in sending love, support and sympathy to Ms. Shunick's family and gratitude to LE and the prosecutor's office for all their hard work in resolving this tragic case.

BringMickeyHome♥;8241105 said:
I don't know if this has been discussed, but I remember when they thought they had maybe found MS's body on some land near BSL's home. The farmer had reported 3 mounds of dirt that looked like graves. Well, I was thinking about this last night and about the recent document that was released detailing the charges --- one of them being 'continuing tampering of the body' --- and it made me wonder if BSL didn't originally bury MS on that land near his house and then move her once things started getting really heated up. The 3 mounds of dirt could have been from BSL having a hard time finding exactly where MS was and having to try and try again. What do y'all think? MOO

Article from July 12 --- http://www.wbtv.com/story/19014864/shunick-volunteers-refuse-to-give-up?clienttype=printable

Anything is possible, although I believe that to mean that he continued to hide her body from authorities, not that he moved her.

The thread is like lightening, so I thought I would add our Verified List for Mickey's case:
Mickey Shunick case

QueenOfCorona is a verified insider
chicken fried is a verified local/insider
Laffy Taffy is a verified insider
someguy is a verified insider
Cajun Chardonnay is a verified local

i would hope that the townspeople would design / implement a bike path named after mickey. One that would project her free spirit. Would love to see this developed in memory of mickey !!
Not sure if all the money that has been donated has been spent paying the expenses of texsearch / dogs, pi, le or whoever ? But if any funds are left, perhaps it could be donated to break ground for the ms bike path. Just an idea / suggestion !

I suggested this earlier and stand in total agreement with this. Bike path/jogging trail with an adjacent dog park would be totally fitting and appropriate in honor of Mickey.

Can someone please give me a link to the google map of the cemetery again. I'm at work but would like to check it out in google earth.

The way this sounds, it is her. But since she has not been positively IDd by LE, how come the headline on the home page says "THE BODY OF MISSING LOUISIANA WOMAN MICKEY SHUNICK HAS BEEN FOUND"?

Do we now trust the media on whatever they say?

Sorry .. I don't mean to be pissy about things. I'm just confused about how this board works I guess.

From what locals to LA have said, cemeteries are everywhere. So it doesn't really seem like a stretch for someone to intuit that she might be found in one.

Can someone please give me a link to the google map of the cemetery again. I'm at work but would like to check it out in google earth.
I don't have the link, but the coordinates of where I think it is are:

N 30 41 29
W 92 28 33

I hope i have that right.

I am so sorry to hear this news this morning. I'm in Alabama and have followed the highlights of this case. What a tragedy.

From what locals to LA have said, cemeteries are everywhere. So it doesn't really seem like a stretch for someone to intuit that she might be found in one.

Or a railroad track, bayou, wooded area, etc...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann