GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
When NH says he dropped her off at the entrance, I would imagine he meant just inside right after turning in off of Ramsey Street and as a Ramsey Street frequenter, I find myself looking down the apartment complex driveway every time I pass by and I REALLY don't think KB could have seen anything (cars, people, etc.) AT her apartment or in the parking lot. I might do some more research, but every time I drive by the complex, all I see is one of the back apartment buildings.

I just looked on Google Earth and I took this screen cap when the camera was probably 100 yards into the driveway from Ramsey Street.
meadowbrook.jpg

As you can see, you can see little to nothing as far as details go when it comes to NH dropping KB off at the entrance.
:maddening:

He is not paying for the apt... Kelli got that thru the military!

Hmmmm...where did you learn this? I was not aware of that. Do you have a link? (sorry to be the crazy link needing poster!!)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7937410&postcount=601/thread 9,#601

On the flipside of reasons LE travelled to Florida to collect evidence the above post by phantomthought explains questions LE needs to ask and get answers too.

Again, two hypothesis are in the works and the answers to specific questions will prove to plug into either A or B, to prove or disprove either one.

For me, I want only to know the truth. Not a predetermined verdict based on my personal stance. I don't even have a personal stance but find myself sounding as if I do because others' seem to refuse to examine theory B and when I/we do, they respond strongly in opposition. :twocents:

Yes Woe, it is very believable and also makes the most sense
if you look at the whole picture.
It fits so many cases from the past if there was trouble in a
marriage. To me it tops some RSO whose crime was what,
9 years ago and it was a young girl. Not buying that.

Sometimes you have to put the puzzle pieces where they
belong and not try to fit them in somewhere that makes no
sense.
Thank you for bringing that forward. My only wish is that
people re-read that post and at least think about that
scenario as at least possible. moo
MB would be the only person she would be comfortable walking to
late at night in her apt. entrance. I think she believed as somone else
said here, that she could handle him. And I think that THOUGHT proved
to be fatal.

I certainly see that as a possibility. I think that is why MB is even discussed. Like I said before, the biggest problem I have with that scenario is the distance/timing for him to be involved. To me, frankly, is one of the puzzle pieces that does not fit and just as you say you can't try to make them fit somewhere where they make no sense, you also just can't ignore puzzle pieces simply because they don't fit either.

I am curious, though, what puzzle pieces concerning NH do not fit? The statement about puzzle pieces is telling me that if someone is looking at NH they are trying to fit puzzle pieces where they don't belong and I'm curious which ones those might be.

I hope none of this is coming off with any type of attitude. It isn't meant to. I really am curious. I am seeing a divide between some that look at NH and some that insist its MB and while that is ok, I think most of us are still sitting on that fence. At the end of the day we all don't have to agree as long as we respect each others opinions. Thanks again in advance. I am curious.

Hmmmm...where did you learn this? I was not aware of that. Do you have a link? (sorry to be the crazy link needing poster!!)

LOL i dont have a link its way back on the first threads we had!
quite a few posts about military couples living off base how much they are alloted.

MB wasnt living there when she first got there he arrived later if i remember correctly.

In the military a person's housing allowance and dependents are allowed to change at anytime i.e marriage, divorce, birth of a child, death etc. JMO

I certainly see that as a possibility. I think that is why MB is even discussed. Like I said before, the biggest problem I have with that scenario is the distance/timing for him to be involved. To me, frankly, is one of the puzzle pieces that does not fit and just as you say you can't try to make them fit somewhere where they make no sense, you also just can't ignore puzzle pieces simply because they don't fit either.

I am curious, though, what puzzle pieces concerning NH do not fit? The statement about puzzle pieces is telling me that if someone is looking at NH they are trying to fit puzzle pieces where they don't belong and I'm curious which ones those might be.

I hope none of this is coming off with any type of attitude. It isn't meant to. I really am curious. I am seeing a divide between some that look at NH and some that insist its MB and while that is ok, I think most of us are still sitting on that fence. At the end of the day we all don't have to agree as long as we respect each others opinions. Thanks again in advance. I am curious.

I dont think driving 9 hrs is all that far fetched.
it can be done in less time at that time of night!

Im not saying he did it but it is possible!
Nothing was even said of where he was Sat and sunday not to mention Friday night.

We dont know sheet but it is possible for him to have harmed her!

The big red flag for me was him not calling her all weekend!

That is why and, obviously I can't say this enough, we are providing synopsis of theories that have yet to be backed up by facts. The evidence, that is unavailable to us, has to be plugged in in order to prove or disprove the theory.
I just remembered learning this in college - oh good, a reason surfaces as to why I went - the concept of forming a hypothesis.

Hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A hypothesis is just that ~ it must be tested to determine if it's true.

I'm not telling anyone not to hypothesize at all. I'm all for brainstorming. If it takes 100 bad hypothesis to find the one good one that brings her home, it's worth the effort. In order to do that though, one can't get too locked in on one hypothesis because then they won't get through the other 99 and ultimately to the right one.

Also, I was simply letting the poster know where most all of that information had come from. Patriot's post was almost an item by item bullet point of that blog or whatever you call it, with no sources cited. I would love for the author to disclose where they got their information.

We don't know how MB is paying for the apartment now. But Kelli arrived first and received a housing allowance as explained above.

The housing allowance is allotted monthly so, one pays rent monthly as most people do - not in one lump sum at the beginning of the lease.

Therefore, if you want a grander abode, you can pay rent using part of your regular salary to cover the difference too. That's where living on post used to be an advantage because, it used to be, you'd not receive a housing allowance so you didn't have as many out of pocket expences to handle each month. The thing that wasn't fair about that, is that there isn't enough housing on post so often times you didn't have a choice and were forced to rent off post and incur the extra expences.
Everything is being revamped now (we're out eight years now) so I'm not current as to what's what anymore. Army posts are run by civilians now and they charge rent so things have been equalized I guess but take away from the ease of living on post. You'd have to live it to know what I mean.

Considering the circumstances, the Army may very well be picking up the expense of the apartment until the lease is up so MB could essentially be living there for free as he's not the one in the Army.

Nothing was even said of where he was Sat and sunday not to mention Friday night.

BBM: I think you mean to say him not speaking to her all weekend. We have no knowledge of whether he tried to call her or not!

All soldiers who live off post get BAH, this is their housing allowance. If the soldier is married, regardless of rank, the BAH is slightly higher. It does not go up based upon the amount of children. Here is what the soldier would get:
E-3

$861

$1023

E-4

$861

$1023

The 861 would be a soldier without dependants, and the 1023 is with dependants, either a husband and/or child. As far as Kelli's situation, I would imagine she would continue to be paid, until there is more news. Also, the army doesn't recognize separated, you are either single, married, widowed or divorced. Apartments at Meadowbrook run about $600-900, depending on bedrooms. They do advertise a 5% military discount, so maybe that is why Kelli chose the place, thinking it would be a good place for a soldier.
Not that this has anything to do with the case, but there were some questions about that, so thought I would answer. It is not uncommon at all for soldiers to live off post in Fort Bragg, and many do get married very young, especially considering the high risk jobs they do.

I'm not telling anyone not to hypothesize at all. I'm all for brainstorming. If it takes 100 bad hypothesis to find the one good one that brings her home, it's worth the effort. In order to do that though, one can't get too locked in on one hypothesis because then they won't get through the other 99 and ultimately to the right one.

Also, I was simply letting the poster know where most all of that information had come from. Patriot's post was almost an item by item bullet point of that blog or whatever you call it, with no sources cited. I would love for the author to disclose where they got their information.

Oh sorry - I wasn't aiming the remark at you. I know when we link to other posts, it can read/sound like that.

And that's what I'm trying to do is to locate official sources so we are clear about what's a known fact (very few confirmed) versus what we all think or can imagine happened. That was my whole point of tracing the evolution of text message information. In a post above, I traced the 'driving' and 'call me ASAP' to the source that remains unsourced. Doesn't mean the texts aren't true but we shouldn't quote them as fact either.

Not much has been confirmed by LE.

I have seen this mentioned a few times now. Now I feel bad being the "Give me a link" poster, but do we have one? I have no idea if he called her or not during the course of the weekend, but its possible I missed a news article somewhere or read it and don't remember it.

ETA: Meant to also say, if it is true, it would be a red flag for me too, especially if their past conduct was that they would talk daily and that stopped for some reason.

I have seen this mentioned a few times now. Now I feel bad being the "Give me a link" poster, but do we have one? I have no idea if he called her or not during the course of the weekend, but its possible I missed a news article somewhere or read it and don't remember it.

When I'm leaning on the "NH did it" side of the fence, I start thinking maybe MB did try to contact her, but her phone was off. But, I would think after a certain number of times of trying to contact her over the weekend and her phone being off, he would contact one of her friends or family members in the area or he would take that as a red flag and maybe come home earlier than he was intending to.
Does anyone know if they had a house phone? I know a lot of people don't nowadays or see them as unnecessary, but I would think he would try to contact the house phone as well if he couldn't reach her on her cell phone.
It's very hard to understand the dynamics of this marriage with only one party being able to speak for a two-person marriage. When you have one party saying they were happy and they weren't splitting up, etc., but you don't have the other party who would have more insight (perhaps more truthful insight), you begin to wonder what was really going on behind closed doors?

I wish more answers would turn up regarding Kelli...It's time.

We don't know how MB is paying for the apartment now. But Kelli arrived first and received a housing allowance as explained above.

The housing allowance is allotted monthly so, one pays rent monthly as most people do - not in one lump sum at the beginning of the lease.

Therefore, if you want a grander abode, you can pay rent using part of your regular salary to cover the difference too. That's where living on post used to be an advantage because, it used to be, you'd not receive a housing allowance so you didn't have as many out of pocket expences to handle each month. The thing that wasn't fair about that, is that there isn't enough housing on post so often times you didn't have a choice and were forced to rent off post and incur the extra expences.
Everything is being revamped now (we're out eight years now) so I'm not current as to what's what anymore. Army posts are run by civilians now and they charge rent so things have been equalized I guess but take away from the ease of living on post. You'd have to live it to know what I mean.

Considering the circumstances, the Army may very well be picking up the expense of the apartment until the lease is up so MB could essentially be living there for free as he's not the one in the Army.

I think this is what is confusing me and feel free to clarify Woe since you have lived it. I've only had a brother that did, I did not.

The lease itself for the apartment COULD be in MB's name alone even. It could be in Kelli's name alone. It could be in both of their names. Regardless, there is no contract/lease between the military and the landlord. Kelli, being part of the military, is given a housing allowance which comes in the form of an additional check/deposit or whatever. Those monies can then be utilized by Kelli to help pay that rent. In other words, the payments don't go straight from the military to the landlord.

If that is how it works, then I think what confuses people is saying she got the apartment through the military. She didn't. Her, or her and MB, or MB alone, got the apartment. It's a private transaction between the landlord and tenant, whoever signed the lease. The only involvement of the military is to provide Kelli an allowance. Please correct me if I'm still wrong. Thanks.

In the military a person's housing allowance and dependents are allowed to change at anytime i.e marriage, divorce, birth of a child, death etc. JMO

True, but the soldier has to substantiate the change by providing the required paperwork, marriage license, birth certificate, etc.

In this case, there is nobody to do that. The Army peeps may be allowing MB a grace period or if they stopped Kelli's housing allowance, he may be paying the rent himself.

We don't know.

Oh sorry - I wasn't aiming the remark at you. I know when we link to other posts, it can read/sound like that.

And that's what I'm trying to do is to locate official sources so we are clear about what's a known fact (very few confirmed) versus what we all think or can imagine happened. That was my whole point of tracing the evolution of text message information. In a post above, I traced the 'driving' and 'call me ASAP' to the source that remains unsourced. Doesn't mean the texts aren't true but we shouldn't quote them as fact either.

Not much has been confirmed by LE.

My poor attempt at humor, but isn't that the understatement of the day, whether its on Kelli's case or so many others.

All soldiers who live off post get BAH, this is their housing allowance. If the soldier is married, regardless of rank, the BAH is slightly higher. It does not go up based upon the amount of children. Here is what the soldier would get:
E-3

$861

$1023

E-4

$861

$1023

The 861 would be a soldier without dependants, and the 1023 is with dependants, either a husband and/or child. As far as Kelli's situation, I would imagine she would continue to be paid, until there is more news. Also, the army doesn't recognize separated, you are either single, married, widowed or divorced. Apartments at Meadowbrook run about $600-900, depending on bedrooms. They do advertise a 5% military discount, so maybe that is why Kelli chose the place, thinking it would be a good place for a soldier.
Not that this has anything to do with the case, but there were some questions about that, so thought I would answer. It is not uncommon at all for soldiers to live off post in Fort Bragg, and many do get married very young, especially considering the high risk jobs they do.

The housing allowance doesn't go up with the number of children? Wow, I thought it did but may be thinking about on-post housing like needing to request a three bedroom versus two bedroom or even four bedrooms which, of course, equals larger quarters and thus would cost more to rent (under old system) off post.

I even remember a story of a high ranking official who had a lot of children and they ended up putting two houses together for him on post!

I think this is what is confusing me and feel free to clarify Woe since you have lived it. I've only had a brother that did, I did not.

The lease itself for the apartment COULD be in MB's name alone even. It could be in Kelli's name alone. It could be in both of their names. Regardless, there is no contract/lease between the military and the landlord. Kelli, being part of the military, is given a housing allowance which comes in the form of an additional check/deposit or whatever. Those monies can then be utilized by Kelli to help pay that rent. In other words, the payments don't go straight from the military to the landlord.

If that is how it works, then I think what confuses people is saying she got the apartment through the military. She didn't. Her, or her and MB, or MB alone, got the apartment. It's a private transaction between the landlord and tenant, whoever signed the lease. The only involvement of the military is to provide Kelli an allowance. Please correct me if I'm still wrong. Thanks.

I dusted off the old Army Guide and I've uncovered the answer as to why a soldier must provide a copy of their lease to the housing office even if they live off post. First, the Army is providing that money specifically to be used for housing and it is UNTAXED money. We all know the relief that provides.

Military base pay is subject to federal and state income taxes (unless your home residence address ie where you grew up or lived prior to joining, exempts service members from paying state tax). Quarters and subsistence allowances are not taxable; . . . social security tax is deducted from each pay account.

Also, as lowes124 said, there are two pay rates; monthly BAQ without Dependents and monthly BAQ with Dependents. The rate does not change/consider the number of children you have. In other words, the army is not providing incentive to have more children.

Your post is fine; I don't see any attitude lol
As far as the puzzle pieces, I may be way off but the biggest problem I
personally see, is it doesn't fit his mo. I've heard it said here, he
is an RSO and the last to see Kellie. How can you connect being an RSO to something happening to Kelli? What would his motive be? As I had said before 9 years have gone by and it was a child.
Also, I believe he had made a friend in Kelli; why would he go and do
something to her. After being in prison how many good friends can he have. He also came forward and told what he knew and to me sounded sincere. I may be repeating myself but these are a few of
the pieces that are a plus to me for NH>
I don't know if this is answering your questions or not regarding what I call 'puzzle' pieces.
To me, if pieces to a puzzle don't all fit then the puzzle is useless.

I probably confused you with this lol but I can't seem to find different
words to explain it. These pieces start a puzzle for me leaning away from
NH.
I might be all wrong in all my posts and if I am and it turns out to be
NH so be it. I don't have a problem saying I was wrong.
But today I feel NH has become a pawn in this case. And the real
perp is out walking the streets and for he/she I need a whole other post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz