Drew Peterson's Trial *FOURTH WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing is NORMAL with this trial.......
juror's chose 2 years ago?
jurors wearing co-ordinating clothes
PT not allowed to bring in important testimony......
Judge seems very prejudice
etc
what makes DP so special?
JMOO

In Session Brodsky responds, says that this line of testimony has already been precluded. “It’s nothing but speculation . . . it’s insane, Judge, and it shouldn’t be allowed now . . . it’s beyond the pale . . . they’re going to try to have the jury speculate; they’re trying once more to shift the burden.” Connor: “Obviously, the defendant’s ability to do this is definitely something the jury can consider; it’s not improper speculation to point out the abilities that the defendant had.” Judge: “It’s already been ruled on by Judge White. I don’t know why the State, at this late date, would think that it would be allowed to put that on.” Connor continues, points out that the defendant was once an evidence technician. “This would basically go to his ability to stage a scene.” Greenberg points out that Peterson took this training in 1981. “I think a lot of things have changed . . . it’s sort of like saying, ‘Gee, he has a driver’s license, so he must be a good driver’ . . . they just want to say he once had this training and then somehow argue that 25 years later that he would somehow know how an evidence technician would come in . . . he’s a wonderful evidence technician, but Sgt. Deel is a terrible evidence technician?”

Connor: “It’s to show that he obviously has more training than the average individual regarding restraint techniques."

Greenberg: it's sort of like saying, "Gee, he has a driver's license so he must be a good driver."

Connor: "#drewpeterson could very easily maintain control over Kathleen Savio without any injury to himself."

Greenberg: Certificate DP has from restraint training is 25 years old. Crime scene investigation has changed since then, he says.

Connor: "There’s been testimony this was a homicide, which shows someone else committed this act."

Connor: “#drewpeterson had been trained in how to restrain an individual. And that allowed him to drown Kathleen Savio.”

It sounds really disrespecful. He has never made a condescending remark like that to the defense.
judge says "you haven't presented any evidence yet, linking him to scene."

Burmila: How would that training indicate that #DrewPeterson was not injured when he did this? Connor: It would make it less likely.

Brodsky: “They want to get in all these training things, things that are completely irrelevant.”

judge says "you can't be serious" to prosecutors request on restraint training, suggesting it is improper speculation.

The Herald-News ‏@Joliet_HN
Burmila: the injuries on Savio's body are not consistent with police techniques, and the state cannot prove #DrewPeterson used them on Savio

How does the Judge know this?????

Burmila: the injuries on Savio's body are not consistent with police techniques, and the state cannot prove #DrewPeterson used them on Savio

Burmila bars testimony about #DrewPeterson's training in restraint techniques, but thinks crime scene investigation knowledge is relevant

Burmila bars testimony about #DrewPeterson's training in restraint techniques, but thinks crime scene investigation knowledge is relevant

Kara Oko ‏@KaraOko
Judge barrs part of witness testimony that #DrewPeterson could restrain someone w/o injury, will allow crime scene training portion

this is a circumstantial murder trial, right?
so speculation should be allowed, right?
if this keeps up, DP will walk and this will be on this judges shoulders!
JMOO

Brodsky: “It’s nothing but speculation, it’s insane, Judge, and it shouldn’t be allowed now.

In Session ‏@InSession
Connor: “Obviously, #drewpeterson's ability to do this is something the jury can consider; it’s not improper speculation to that point out."

In Session ‏@InSession
Judge: “It’s already been ruled on. I don’t know why the State would think that it would allowed to put that on.” #drewpeterson

In Session ‏@InSession
Connor points out that #drewpeterson was once an evidence technician. “This would basically go to his ability to stage a scene.”

In Session ‏@InSession
Greenberg points out that #drewpeterson took this training in 1981.

Judge: “It’s already been ruled on. I don’t know why the State would think that it would allowed to put that on...

[ the judge doesn't even try to hide his disdain for the state..]

Greenberg joked that he may not be qualified to be a defense attorney. Burmila: "I was gonna say, no comment." #DrewPeterson

:sick:

In Session Connor: “This reflects his ability to fool someone like Sgt. Deel.” Judge: “The admissibility of this evidence goes to the defendant’s knowledge . . . he would be aware, I suppose even 20 years later, of what somebody would generally look for in a crime scene. But the State would still have to make inferences to the jury that the crime scene was altered; that’s another issue whatsoever . . . the information that he would know how to these special holds is unsupported in the record whatsoever . . . so that portion of this witness’ testimony is barred. As far as the defendant’s training as a crime technician . . . that information could be relevant to the jury . . . so that aspect of this is going to be admissible.” Greenberg: “But they want to argue his knowledge from a certificate, without any supportive information.” Connor: “The certificate speaks for itself; he WAS an evidence technician . . . I think the jurors can use their common sense . . . the document speaks for itself; that’s an issue of weight.” Judge: “I think the State’s entitled to show that he took that class, and that the Bolingbrook Police Department thought he was proficient enough to be appointed to that position.” Greenberg: “We’re going to need a continuance, to get the underlying documents . . . we don’t even have our files here on this stuff. I don’t know if we can even find out what he was taught. That’s like saying that when I graduated from law school I was qualified to be a criminal defense attorney. I was not. I may still not be.” Judge: “No comment.” (LAUGHTER)

In Session Judge: “You’ve got the weekend. I don’t know if you need a continuance.”

Judge: "But the State would still have to make inferences to the jury that the crime scene was altered; that’s another issue..."

In Session Greenberg: “We still need to call up his prior testimony.” Judge: “If they just told you about this testimony this morning, I’ll give you a minute to pull up that testimony. We’ll be in recess for a minute.”

smart enough to use nextell instead of a regular cell phone, who would know but LE?
no trace! geez........

Ya know, I'm trying to figure out how to word this.....
When the chirping/walkie-talkie type connection first was available, it was probably considered a great feature. Not sure it still would've been thought of in that way in 2004. Does that suggest DP wanted/expected/required Stacy to instantly answer at the press of a button? Yet another indication of his control over her? jtol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb