Drew Peterson's Trial *FOURTH WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first witness was a joke and now this? This isn't a strong ending. I am very disappointed that the Kathleen's attorney is not going to testify too. Stipulations can be pointed and powerful, but I would have liked to have heard him answer to extensive questioning by the prosecution
In Session Connor: “This reflects his ability to fool someone like Sgt. Deel.” Judge: “The admissibility of this evidence goes to the defendant’s knowledge . . . he would be aware, I suppose even 20 years later, of what somebody would generally look for in a crime scene. But the State would still have to make inferences to the jury that the crime scene was altered; that’s another issue whatsoever . . . the information that he would know how to these special holds is unsupported in the record whatsoever . . . so that portion of this witness’ testimony is barred. As far as the defendant’s training as a crime technician . . . that information could be relevant to the jury . . . so that aspect of this is going to be admissible.” Greenberg: “But they want to argue his knowledge from a certificate, without any supportive information.” Connor: “The certificate speaks for itself; he WAS an evidence technician . . . I think the jurors can use their common sense . . . the document speaks for itself; that’s an issue of weight.” Judge: “I think the State’s entitled to show that he took that class, and that the Bolingbrook Police Department thought he was proficient enough to be appointed to that position.” Greenberg: “We’re going to need a continuance, to get the underlying documents . . . we don’t even have our files here on this stuff. I don’t know if we can even find out what he was taught. That’s like saying that when I graduated from law school I was qualified to be a criminal defense attorney. I was not. I may still not be.” Judge: “No comment.” (LAUGHTER)

In Session Judge: “You’ve got the weekend. I don’t know if you need a continuance.”

IMO, the judge is affraid of the defense team. So the state has testimony that they feel is very important to their case yet the judge says it's not relevant?

The Herald-News ‏@Joliet_HN
Greenberg joked that he may not be qualified to be a defense attorney. Burmila: "I was gonna say, no comment." #DrewPeterson

:sick:

Love how Judge B. is all cozy and 'jokey' with the DT. But he literally berates and scowls at the state all day every day. Pathetic situation.

The Herald-News ‏@Joliet_HN
Burmila: the injuries on Savio's body are not consistent with police techniques, and the state cannot prove #DrewPeterson used them on Savio

How does the Judge know this?????

I am disgusted.

Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson jurors are dressed in alternating colors according to their seats: black clothes, white clothes, black, white, black, white

:rolleyes:

Ok, I am really reading onto this that the jury is thinking this case is black and white! Open and shut! Yesterday was SUPPOSED to be gray according to our source, and that did not happen!

You cannot make this chit up and really really wanna have jurors interviewed by the media after this, and also know who was ringleader on this and how determined!!

In Session The judge leaves the bench, and the court is in a brief recess. As Joe Lopez leaves the courtroom, I can hear him say of the prosecution, ‘That is desperation!”

In Session The judge leaves the bench, and the court is in a brief recess. As Joe Lopez leaves the courtroom, I can hear him say of the prosecution, ‘That is desperation!”

Watch out, ladies, Drew Peterson is gonna be on the loose soon.

I am a little worried about the judge;s admonition that the state had not yet ' put Peterson at the scene' of Kathleen's death.

Today, when the DT asks for the charges to be dropped for lack of states ability to prove the charges....could the judge agree and let Drew walk?

It sounds really disrespecful. He has never made a condescending remark like that to the defense.

Plus it should be "you canNOT be serious" ala John McEnroe!

Hard to believe we expect jurors to connect the dots when the Judge apparently can't.

In Session The jurors are excused from the courtroom. Connor addresses the court, says that he believes that the defense wants to make some objections to the next witness (“these would be the training records”). The defense immediately objects. Brodsky: “They want to get in all these training things, things that are completely irrelevant.” Connor indicates that there is indeed particular training that the defendant received regarding evidence handling that the State would like to introduce through this witness. “It’s to show that he obviously has more training than the average individual regarding restraint techniques . . . this defendant could very easily maintain control over Kathleen Savio without any injury to himself . . . there’s been testimony this was a homicide, which shows someone else committed this act . . . that the whole point of the training is that officers can restrain any individual without injury to themselves is relevant to the jury.” Judge: “You can’t be serious that you want to argue to this jury that the defendant had this training and ‘just trust us that he was there, and this is what he did to her when he was there’?” Connor: “He had been trained in how to restrain an individual. And that allowed him to drown Kathleen Savio.”

WTF, the prosecution is going day by day without any dayum planning! First they never thought of having Nextel until yesterday. Now this? :banghead:

this is a circumstantial murder trial, right?
so speculation should be allowed, right?
if this keeps up, DP will walk and this will be on this judges shoulders!
JMOO

Hmmmmm.....does the Judge have a teenage daughter DP could date?

WTF, the prosecution is going day by day without any dayum planning! First they never thought of having Nextel until yesterday. Now this? :banghead:

They had another witness lined up that was going to testify and the judge would not allow it, I believe, so they had to get someone from Nextel. jmo

Going out on a limb here, but I have faith in this jury. IMO, the jury looking at Drew is enough, and then the Defense teams low blows throughout, the Defense is more desperate then the State.

If the Judge allows the State to say Drew is an expert technician in crime scene investigation, then this is one of those million dollar wins for the State. They have to get this info to the Jury.

Also, this judge holds ALL of the cards because he will be in charge of the JURY INSTRUCTIONS. :eek:

I think we can pretty much figure out now how fair and objective those instructions will be.

Going out on a limb here, but I have faith in this jury. IMO, the jury looking at Drew is enough, and then the Defense teams low blows throughout, the Defense is more desperate then the State.

If the Judge allows the State to say Drew is an expert technician in crime scene investigation, then this is one of those million dollar wins for the State. They have to get this info to the Jury.

I have faith in this jury too. But if they come in with GUILTY VERDICT, it will be in spite of everything this judge throws at them,imo.

a high......they really haven't timed this very well. They should have closed with Rev. Schori. I hope that they have something good coming because I am not feeling it. This is ridiculous!

I think the PT had their witnesses lined up to go out with a bang but the Judge managed to tie their hands and either the witness didn't testify at all or their testimony was limited to something less than a bang.

I actually still think Schori was a great witness for them, regardless of what happens today.

Might be interesting to go back and make a list of what testimony, evidence and witnesses were excluded. Could keep us busy during deliberations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member