GUILTY NY - Isabella Tennant, 5, Niagara Falls, 27 Aug 2012

I think the great grandma was famous for helping out troubled kids :( ---this is so heartbreaking.

Commendable!!!

She trusted this teen obviously, but I have so many questions about the situation. Why was this little one up so late? Was Grandma ill and unable to care for her that night? Last, is this going to be an accidental or intentional death?

Please don't think I am naive, but isn't school in session? Why would a five year old be up so late, and furthermore, why would even teenagers be up so late? Usually, high schools start even earlier than elementary schools so I would imagine they had to be at school by 7 or 7:30.

I don't have teenagers, so maybe it's normal for them to be up until midnight on a school night?

Commendable!!!

She trusted this teen obviously, but I have so many questions about the situation. Why was this little one up so late? Was Grandma ill and unable to care for her that night? Last, is this going to be an accidental or intentional death?

In the presser, LE said the charges were likely to be 2nd degree murder, so no accident according to them.

Is it just me, or are children in this country being disappeared or murdered at an alarming rate?

this was no accident at first glance.

And involved cover up and accomplice to cover the crime.

He apparently has known her since she was a baby...

Thomas Herrick, who dates a family member and lives in the home, said, "We saw her last night before we went to bed. Everything was fine as usual. He's always here. I would get up in the middle of the night and he would be sitting here playing on the computer and playing video games. He didn't seem like that kind of kid."http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/crime/girls-family-teen-makes-confession

more at link

school doesn't start up here till after labor day.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

School here in NY doesn't stat until Sept.
At a press conference Monday afternoon, police said the boy was, as far as they could tell, "a trusted family friend." The girl was left in his custody when the great grandmother went to bed at about 10:30 p.m

A 16-year-old neighbor, who Lascelle told police was a “trusted, family friend" was allowed into the house Sunday night and Isabella was then left in his care when Lascelle went to bed at 10:30 p.m. That teen is now in custody and is expected to be charged later today with second-degree murder, said Capt. William M. Thomson, chief of detectives.

Thomson said there were signs of trauma on the little girl, but no indications that any weapons were involved. He said the motive is still unknown.

Thomson said a second 16-year-old came into police headquarters around 10 a.m. and gave police information on the location of the body. He is accused of helping to move Isabella’s body and will likely be charged with tampering with evidence.
http://www.buffalonews.com/city/communities/niagara-falls/article1024924.ece

Is it just me, or are children in this country being disappeared or murdered at an alarming rate?

You and me both Knox. It is like a never ending nightmare. And it also seems to me that a high % of these precious ones are being hurt by the ones that were supposed to protect them.

thought: was this an altercation over the computer?

One article says that he was always playing games or on the computer there.

The last seen is that she was on the computer.

just thinking here...

(and none of it makes it right either way)

I bet if it ever goes to trial, we are going to find out that these teens were watching *advertiser censored* nonstop. :mad:

sorry, watching *advertiser censored* does not a killer make....that is really, really painting with a broad brush.

thought: was this an altercation over the computer?

One article says that he was always playing games or on the computer there.

The last seen is that she was on the computer.

just thinking here...

(and none of it makes it right either way)

Makes ya wonder. One would think if this was some sort of altercation it would have woken up grandma. ?? Just a thought.

Makes ya wonder. One would think if this was some sort of altercation it would have woken up grandma. ?? Just a thought.

I did read the 5 and 16 year old were on a lower level so maybe not. I have the feeling that the trauma may be a hard hit to her head, perhaps there was an altercation over the computer. But no excuse for a 16 year old :(

http://www.wkbw.com/news/video/Family-Remembers-Bella-Tennant-167624515.html

Ruth Thompson, Bella's great-aunt, remarks "Somebody that's defenseless. How can you do that? How can you take a five-year-old and brutally killed them? I don't understand."
These are questions Bella's family imagined they would ever have to answer -- until Monday.
Thompson and her family are left trying to cope with Bella's death.
Ruth says Bella spent a lot of time with her grandma, just as she did the night she was killed.
Thompson said "she loved her to death -- so did her mother and father. I don't know how anybody can do something like this."
Ruth adds Bella's mother, Crystal, is beyond grief stricken. Bella "was her world, her life, the air she breathed. I mean she loved her daughter with every inch of her body."
Ruth describes Bella as a bubbly little girl, who "liked to color, she liked to play, she liked to be with her grandma."
One of the suspects in custody was someone the family deeply trusted. It's shocking, as Ruth tells Eyewitness News "no mother should have to bury their child. Not at the age of five -- from the hands of a murderer."

http://cdn.bimfs.com/WKBW/0a80ebe3eeb88b7724b8c238555daad8e523d276.jpg

As the family of Isabella "Bella" Tennant, grieves the loss of the little girl, her family's friends are coming forward in a show of support.
"I couldn't imagine what Crystal and her family was going through. We see her daughter all the time. Bella always comes into work," said Jennifer Pienkowski, who works with Bella's mother at Olive Garden on Walden Avenue in Cheektowaga.
Pienkowski said she had just seen Bella at a child's birthday party over the weekend.

police name the suspect

The family tells News 4 that 16-year-old John Freeman confessed to the the little girl's murder. Freeman is a neighbor of Isabella’s great grandparents, where she was staying the night she went missing.

Family members tell News 4 Freeman confessed to the murder while being questioned by police. Freeman allegedly killed the girl and then enlisted the help of Best, a close friend of his, to move her body. The family says Freeman confessed after realizing Best was cooperating with police and Bella's body had been discovered.

Freeman is charged with second degree murder. Best has been charged with tampering with evidence. Both are being charged as adults.

A vigil is being held for Bella at Sal Maglie Stadium in Niagara Falls at 9 p.m.
http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/crime/girls-family-teen-makes-confession

Why was this kid just coming and going in this house? Where were HIS parents? And why was he in the great grandma's home, in the middle of the night playing computer games? He doesn't live there.

Why would the other boy help his friend dispose of Bella's body if he had nothing to do with her death? No WAY would I do that for ANYONE.

I think there is more to this story. The whole thing is weird to the nth power.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back