CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a (hopefully helpful) note:
I learned that you can quote a single post by clicking on the post number on the top right of post...then you will see just that post, at which point you can then copy and paste that link into your post. I am letting you all know this because post #'s and page #'s often change either by mod clean-up of threads or deleted posts...HTH (and makes sense.)

Ok, never mind on the fingerprints, I see lots already said the same thing....

As for the pillowpet, was Jessica planning to stay overnight with a friend that night? Could explain other clothes?

I'm confused though, were in fact clothes and glasses found in the backpack? Has this been confirmed? That would explain also why the police, about the next day, put out pictures of her without her glasses. Someone please fill me in. Can't read the threads fast enough!

I think it is just our speculation, based on the fact that after the backpack was found they began to tell people not to focus on the clothes and showing the picture without glasses. JMO

yah - not sure abt this. I'm not convinced here = home. and why could she not have dropped unicorn and then gone to rec ctr. I wonder why they believe she would have gone "back" somewhere. how do they know the unicorn was left after the visit to the rec ctr? something about her route that day?

If here=home. I wonder if she never took her pillow pet with her that day?

Finally caught up! My thoughts...one doesn't have to be a criminal mastermind to accomplish what has been done. Simply watching late night crime shows on TV gives a plethora of information. The "not intact" body got me thinking. A couple of weeks ago there was a crime show about the wood chipper murder on late night TV. Initially there was very little evidence of what happened to the guys wife. Evidently he murdered her, froze the body, cut it up (less evidence), and put it through a wood chipper. I think the perp is smart enough to know that if he disposes of body parts in trash they will go to the landfill. And could be traced back to home. Also, I remember watching the show on the husband who dismembered his wife and put parts in garbage bags and distributed them. Sick, sick people.

:phone:
We now can as long as we state and link to scanner rewind post. Don't copy and paste from transcript. And don't quote verbatim At least that's my interpretation.

Yes....an acknowledgement that it came from a transcription from the scanner....I'm pretty sure lol

Mods....please feel free to step in at any time :phone:

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
Please be cautious of hearsay and rumors. Accurate information/updates about #JessicaRidgeway will come from @WestminsterPD.

Just a (hopefully helpful) note:
I learned that you can quote a single post by clicking on the post number on the top right of post...then you will see just that post, at which point you can then copy and paste that link into your post. I am letting you all know this because post #'s and page #'s often change either by mod clean-up of threads or deleted posts...HTH (and makes sense.)

andalso

Thanks for that information. See you can teach old dogs new tricks

No way possible to get totally caught up. Reading the last couple of pages this morning looks like there is not much new? Still no ID of the body, correct? Any pressers scheduled today?

I understand we were told we could discuss the transmission from the scanner thread as long as we either link to it or paraphrase and note where the info came from.
The biggest thing bugging me at the moment is re: the rewind on the scanner thread re: Jessica calling her friend J's house to confirm they were going to walk to school. The Dad saying when she didn't show up by 8:40 (she left home at 8:25) he drove his son to school. If their arrangement was to meet at the park, that does not make sense. The park is also out of the way for her friend J. And if they were actually going to meet at the greenbelt/field North of the school rather than the park - she would be walking the majority of the way to school alone. Also the confusion with J getting the days mixed up - thinking he walked with her on Fri. A girl claiming to have seen Jessica at school. And a teacher or teacher aid thinking she saw Jessica at school. Things are not meshing.

Rewind on scanner thread:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Ugh, one more thing for me to be confused about. I do recall at the beginning that Jessica was running late that day. Please don't ask me for the link but it was in the first thread. If this is the case, she could have tried to walk to whole way to school. But I find it hard to believe that if the weather was cold, and kids were getting rides to school that NO ONE recalled seeing her walking. This thing with the friend's father is striking a nerve with me for some reason but I can't put my finger on it. He could have also potentially seen Jessica AFTER he dropped off his own son.

Someone had to have seen something, seems like there would have been much activity around that area that morning.

Also, back a couple threads it talks about kids seeing a 'white van' where the person was trying to lure kids. I hope they are showing the kids the picture of the white Forerunner from Wyoming!

aurora may have had a couple inches of snow, but aurora is about 45 minutes away from westmisnter. we had no snow on the ground in westminster last week, just a rain/ sleet combo.
the mountains really arent a significant drive from arvada/ westminster. you can be in the foothills in abt 30 minutes and high up in the rockies (the continental divide) in abt an hour

Amazing, I searched weather forecast for 10/05/2012, Winchester, CO, and could only find 10 pages of article links for Jessica Ridgeway missing..

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=292906

Colorado weather forecast: Snow, cold front chills Colorado this week
11:08 PM, Oct 5, 2012

Per the transmission on the scanner thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8435263&postcount=2171"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

It seems like LE may have talked to a witness who thinks they saw Jessica walking with a purple pillow pet unicorn and caller was confirming with Mom yes, she does have one and asking her the last time she saw it. Then maybe we don't hear part of the transmission - maybe a question was asked such as when did the supposed witness see Jessica - and the answer to that question is 'around 8:30 from the rec center she was heading south' (paraphrasing).

Then maybe LE is confirming Mom located the pillow pet at home (on scene) and therefore they are saying if a witness did see her from the rec center with it - she would have had to go back home with it - since Mom found it at home.

Very odd.

I can't keep up! Work is getting in my way here!

One thing I do not get is the cell phone pings? Whose cell phone pings?

Jessica was only 10, did she have a cell phone? A zillion people travel within those three towers. I am confused as usual.

Pajamas/pillow pet...when my kids were in school they would have an occasional pajama day . They could bring a pillow and wear their pajamas. These always happened on Friday.

I can't keep up! Work is getting in my way here!

One thing I do not get is the cell phone pings? Whose cell phone pings?

Jessica was only 10, did she have a cell phone? A zillion people travel within those three towers. I am confused as usual.

the only thing I can figure is "here/on scene" = ball park or field (at school???). and they do believe she would have walked to the friend's house. they looked for the backpack between "here" and friend's house.

questions about the phone call -

first one came from J's landline to friend's house at 4:30AM!!!

then another call from mom's cell to friend's house at 7:40AM

***MOM SAID J'S ALARM GOES OFF AT 7:45. HOW COULD J CALL FRIEND USING MOM'S CELL AT 7:40 IF HER ALARM HADN'T GONE OFF YET?*****

there was much interest in a neighbor's house (on a different street) and basement. this may have been the house that was searched intently multiple times.

yah - not sure abt this. I'm not convinced here = home. and why could she not have dropped unicorn and then gone to rec ctr. I wonder why they believe she would have gone "back" somewhere. how do they know the unicorn was left after the visit to the rec ctr? something about her route that day?

We fingerprint our kids. Last year the school sent home DNA mouth swab kits. Do it at home and seal it up and use if needed. The place that takes their school photo also sent us an ID card that had her picture, date when pic was taken and left space for you to write in DOB,weight, height and any identifying marks. We have always kept up to date with all that stuff since they were born. I guess hearing about kids going missing has made me a nut about that stuff but I know how my brain would work. I would get simple things confused.

We do the same thing for our kids each year through their school (not the DNA mouth swab though). My only question has always been: fingerprints may help ID them, but how exactly will it help locate them? :waitasec:

Recent picture, correct height/weight - yes. But the fingerprints I don't get for helping find them.

I don't think so. I believe they found it b/c LE confirmed J did have a unicorn pillow pet. I interpret that as they found it and confirmed with the family that J owned a unicorn pillow pet.

The pillow pet was probably used as a scent article for tracking and retrieved from Jessica's home aka "the scene". JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member