CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the receipt was the killers it may have been cash and he could have figured it didn't matter.

I've never heard of a receipt without a date on it, unless it was illegible.

Honestly, he seems pretty stupid to me. He is lucky he did not get ID'd from the earlier assault. And he left DNA both times.
I'd bet it's the same one who attempted to grab the 8 year old boy in May as well. But either he did not leave any DNA there, or they didn't bother to look for any (like the news media didn't bother to report it)

How long would it take to get DNA back from JEssica? You think they have that back?

According to my brother, who used to do this as a living, it varies. The more information the investigator is trying to get from the sample, the longer it takes.

For a simple ID via markers, he said it takes about 48 hours from the time the tech starts on the task until the results come spitting out (well, actually they are analysed but we joke that it's like a Xerox machine).

At the level my brother is working on (where he identifies genes and what they do, quite successfully), running a sample can take as long as 6 weeks from start to finish. But he says that what he does is way, way, way more complex than what LE probably does simply to identify who a given sample belongs to.

And to think this is the kid who could barely sit still for two minutes in a row... I knew him when!

Did I read somewhere that they were going through 4 months of video? So, this is saying that this guy bought these bags up to 4 months ago, saved them for this, and then left the receipt there? Gonna take a while to wrap my head around that one.

Reporter from this article says the man that attacked the woman at Ketner Lake was Hispanic. The woman from Aurora attackers were possibly Hispanic as well. I remember the light skinned vs Hispanic discussion we had when we heard about the first attack. If this is factual, we might have a light skinned Hispanic predator.

Woman's attempted kidnapping outside bar investigated in Aurora

Snipped

CALL7 Investigator John Ferrugia reported Sunday night that the case bears some similarities to an attempted abduction case five months ago near Ketner Lake in Westminster.
In that case, a Hispanic male, 5 feet 6 to 5 feet 8 inches tall. He also attempted to use a rag with chemicals on it to subdue a woman.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...kidnapping-outside-bar-investigated-in-aurora

That's weird as he!!. Linked here are the original TV reports when that attack happened. Listen to the 2 reports: WHITE MAN
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8481195&postcount=802"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #14[/ame]

Did I read somewhere that they were going through 4 months of video? So, this is saying that this guy bought these bags up to 4 months ago, saved them for this, and then left the receipt there? Gonna take a while to wrap my head around that one.

I know that some people leave receipts from a while back in their vehicle, could that be why it appeared all of a sudden here?

I am wondering if the elements degraded the receipts so the date is not entirely
visible. Otherwise I cannot understand why they have a 4 month window. Every grocery store has the date stamped on it. But the weather/elements may have obscured it.

But if he bought 60 dollars worth of items and they know he is a light skinned Hispanic of medium height and build, then they should be able to find him on tape eventually. I HOPE.

Reporter from this article says the man that attacked the woman at Ketner Lake was Hispanic. The woman from Aurora attackers were possibly Hispanic as well. I remember the light skinned vs Hispanic discussion we had when we heard about the first attack. If this is factual, we might have a light skinned Hispanic predator.

Woman's attempted kidnapping outside bar investigated in Aurora

Snipped

CALL7 Investigator John Ferrugia reported Sunday night that the case bears some similarities to an attempted abduction case five months ago near Ketner Lake in Westminster.
In that case, a Hispanic male, 5 feet 6 to 5 feet 8 inches tall. He also attempted to use a rag with chemicals on it to subdue a woman.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...kidnapping-outside-bar-investigated-in-aurora

BBM-what does that title even mean? CALL7 Investigator? So he is the investigator...for the news station??

This is the only information I have seen about the suspect in the Ketner Lake incident being hispanic, and it is not even from law enforcement. I'm taking that with a huge lump of salt. In that same article they quote LE saying the following:
"Aurora Police have no reason to believe that this case is anyway connected to any other incidents and do believe that this is an isolated event," said Sgt. Cassidee Carlson.

I think these people are just trying to get ratings by making it seem like the cases are connected. In the meantime, spreading disinfo about a very, very important lead by having their "investigator" state outright that the Ketner Lake perp was hispanic. If they knew for a fact he was hispanic, I'm pretty sure LE would have said so.

If the receipt was the killers it may have been cash and he could have figured it didn't matter.

He may also have realised he dropped it or left it in a bag but figured the rain or snow would take care of any writing on it.

right. she probably wouldn't, and nowhere that is credible and verified does it say she did.
there is no Amber Alert for her yet but this was said in the paper so it looks like they believe it was abduction. I know this is not her thread but I fear it could be related.creepy gets creepier. the map of where this girl was last seen has her home close to a small lake and field/open space area.

I just remembered I have been there - I had a HS friend from there.

"MacDonald said borough police and officers with the Gloucester County Prosecutor’s Office - along with the area CART (Child Abduction Response Team) - are searching for Pasquale."
http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2012/10/clayton_girl_12-year-old_autum.html

Amber Alert for Jessica Ridgeway: http://www.amberalert.com/alerts/0044c441a762e112d6108762183584d2/

According to my brother, who used to do this as a living, it varies. The more information the investigator is trying to get from the sample, the longer it takes.

For a simple ID via markers, he said it takes about 48 hours from the time the tech starts on the task until the results come spitting out (well, actually they are analysed but we joke that it's like a Xerox machine).

At the level my brother is working on (where he identifies genes and what they do, quite successfully), running a sample can take as long as 6 weeks from start to finish. But he says that what he does is way, way, way more complex than what LE probably does simply to identify who a given sample belongs to.

And to think this is the kid who could barely sit still for two minutes in a row... I knew him when!
It's amazing what people with brains on overdrive can do once their bodies catch up and they are out of the school system.

Exclusive: DNA from Jessica Ridgeway suspect linked to unsolved attack, sources say

Posted on: 11:03 pm, October 21, 2012

WESTMINSTER, Colo. — Sunday afternoon, about a mile from where Jessica Ridgeway’s remains were found, someone walking in a field made an unsettling discovery.

Police closed the field off in crime-scene tape and performed a grid search removing bags of evidence.

A source familiar with the investigation said the person discovered a clump of blond hair which investigators believe may be Jessica Ridgeway’s.

Fox 31 Denver has learned new details about the Ridgeway murder investigation showing investigators are making progress in finding her killer.

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/21/exclusiv...uspect-linked-to-unsolved-attack-sources-say/
While having no way of knowing if THIS REPORT is true or not
the reference to receipts for trash bags found near the body gives me
hope the murderer will be found. Reading that LE questioned the store
clerk and viewed hours of store video tapes ......makes me more hopeful that
this crime will be solved.

Ok I missed that so I will go look for that article. To me it makes no sense for her to walk alone to J's. I believe that is farther than her walking straight to school. Does anyone have the link handy? Tia!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Perhaps the walking arrangements were just a social thing--something the kids enjoyed. If so, efficiency wouldn't really matter.

I once walked to a much further bus stop just because kids at my close stop bullied me.

I still have a box of black plastic trash bags from 4 months ago. And a box of white for my indoor trash can and a set of clear for my outdoor recycling. Forgot to mention, I often leave receipts in my pockets, or my books in the car as a bookmark, or in the car or in a grocery bag

Now I'm depressed....

Read back a ways...LE has disputed this, pretty much.

Yes, I just read that. It's hard for me to know where to begin reading when I need to catch up. From last post to where I left off or from where I left off to present. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member