CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure looks like the cross, doesn't it?

After watching the video it breaks my heart even more. His dad was trying to do something positive for the kids in the community and all the while, his own son.... Words are failing me. :(

Again, my take is that I have no idea what things led up to that confession to his Mom. It may not have been all that voluntary for all I know, so I'm gonna hold off on that one.

I think it was the cross.

1:45 at the following clearly shows the cross.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O7cCZAqWGQ&feature=plcp"]Racing the Rockies 2009 - YouTube[/ame]

I must say as horrific as this may sound its my somewhat relieved opinion to know that he strangled Jessica immediately upon getting her into his car.. I guess to some that may make me wrong or cold but thats just not the case as for me it hurts my heart to think of this sweet little girl being terrified and horrors inflicted upon her that imo would be far worse than death..

I am very much relieved to know that this sweet, innocent child only experienced fear, terror, or pain for a short, extremely short amount of time.. That before she could realize what monsterous clutches had taken her and then the sheer fear and terror of not knowing what was to come and then living thru a horror much worse than her little mind knew to fear... That I could not bear.. That I know her loved ones would not be able to bear..

To know that it was all over before she could even realize the horror of which she was within is in some sad way soothing..

Also the guilt Sarah is living with in her sleeping and missing the call..the guilt would be enough to make one not want to live in continually thinking and blaming herself that if she'd only answered the call..

In knowing that her little angel was already gone by the time that call was made..tho, in no way a "good thing" I do see it as some sad very minute blessing or source of solace to be able to reconcile with ones self the guilt of not answering the call.. In learning sweet little Jessica's spirit had already taken flight from her earthly body..well.. I just hope Sarah in some small way receives some sense of closure or solace and a way to push past the guilt..

My heart aches for the many whose lives have been irreversibly destroyed by the actions of this very very sick individual and it is for those who I will continue to pray for peace, solace, and any small sense of closure that may be possibly attained..

With a heavy heart, I share the same feelings. At this point it's just hoping for the least horrific. Now we understand what LE meant when they said they had never dealt with something like this. Praying that Jessica didn't experience most of it. I imagine Sarah will be her own worst critic, and that breaks my heart. There are so many cases where parents were negligent or I wish I could shake them into caring.... she so loved her daughter and was working to provide a happy home and life for her. I hope in time she gives herself permission to let go of any blame and knows what a good mother she was. It was the monster who was entirely responsible for this. I look at those pictures of Jessica and know that Sarah and their family did an amazing job raising a happy beautiful little girl. I too pray for their peace and comfort.

I'm not sure I believe this kid when he says he strangled her in the car--makes me wonder if he's trying to minimize the horror of what he did (not that it really could be minimized).

I'm not sure it's true, either, but I hope so, for her sake. Maybe the autopsy would give a clue.

I'm not sure I believe this kid when he says he strangled her in the car--makes me wonder if he's trying to minimize the horror of what he did (not that it really could be minimized).

I think I know why you must think that, but let me note something sick and graphic to keep in mind:

***graphic*** necrophiliacs often pursue mortuary careers, for obvious reasons. ****

Do you happen to have any information on what the backlog of DNA filing is in Colorado?

Colorado has a Familial DNA Law. He would have been caught eventually, imo. Not sure if he may have been on WPD's radar before the mom's call or not..

http://www.dnaforensics.com/StatesAndFamilialSearches.aspx

States Using Familial Searches - DNA Forensics
www.dnaforensics.com/StatesAndFamilialSearches.aspxCalifornia, Colorado, New York and Florida have passed laws that allow them to use familial searches and only Maryland has banned familial searching

Could it be something as simple as a computer game gone too far?

I watch my son play video games and notice his disconnect. It's like if he watches Friends, he doesn't ask when Joey's coming over. People who commit crimes...there has to be more to it than the simple 'triggers' we label as such. I'd think. The past two days have my mind blocked.

A cross worn around his neck. This is from 2009, might not be "the" cross found.

2116o83.jpg
cross_20121022123608_640_480.JPG

With those three distinctive marks on the front of the cross, I bet his Mama finally put two and two together.

Why are some comparing him to Bundy? We don't know this kid is a serial killer do we?

I had to jump from the last thread to page 9, so what has been added in info since .....I'm behind. I could be wrong, but I don't believe this was a sexually motivated crime, but do agree it's sadistic , psychopathic and now there are remains he buried around the home?...so a collector as well. This kid was in overdrive and for some reason needed constant stimulation, imo. What would cause that? Psychologically and/or physiologically?
Not necessarily a collector, maybe just trying to hide evidence and hadn't found the right place to dispose of identifying items. Especially with everyone watching everything.

Id like to say a big, "Told Ya So", to the cross having a cord.

I'm kind of obsessed with Ted Bundy and the above just isn't true.

His mother was not married when she had him and there are strong suspicions that she was pregnant by her own abusive and super controlling father. Until Bundy was about 5 years old, his family told him that his mother was his older sister (and it may literally have been true).

Bundy was also sexually abused by the father of one of his friends, probably on more than one occasion, before he was 10 years old.

It is true that Johnny Bundy seemed like a stand up guy but sadly, he was not the only male (and malignant) force in Ted's life.

It was far from idyllic.

Thanks for clearing that up about Ted Bundy.......I too have read alot about him and especially the part about his granddad is also supposed to be his dad........his mum at first shunned him a bit I think as well because of this and I have read that is why he had a particular thing for young beautiful woman as his mum was attractive......my theory with Ted Bundy was that is was all about his mum.......Granddad was a bit of an a'hole as well.

Reading between the lines I am thinking this boy came from a very troubled family life, and though the parents can't be blamed, lets face it, kids can get very mixed up if they are living with an alcoholic, drug fested, wife and maybe child beating parent......and looking at the charges dad has had against him, I am thinking this may be a good description of him.

I am certainly not saying, poor kid....oh no sirreee......lock him up, and get him out of society for the rest of his life.

But man there has been an increase in teens killing children....very scary. Alyssa Bustamante totally shocked me and I do blame the surroundings they are living in, be it family life or what is happening within their neighbourhoods.....(drug riddled, continuous partner hopping, in and out of jail parents and relations etc)

I am a bit confused though, is he responsible for the attempted abduction??? and is there more than one in his crawl space???

I thought the cross LE showed was much darker.

ETA: I see in the photos above that there is one where the cross does look lighter. There sure is a difference in the lighting or something.

Wood gets darker as it ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member