NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 1 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://nh.usharbors.com/monthly-tides/New Hampshire/Portsmouth Harbor

Something on the tidal schedule in the area. I picked Portsmouth Harbor because it’s in the middle of the search area.

If I’m reading the chart correctly on October 9 the tide was high (in to shore) at 6:50pm and would be going out (receding back into the ocean) until 12:15 am and would be low (out).

This is included in the time period when Lizzi went missing.JMO

The tide tables are slightly different from each location. Pierce Island or Hampton beach etc.

JMO and perception of what I have stated. No harm or malice intended.

That would explain why they're looking in Newington, then. Didn't I read somewhere that they believe she was put in the water some time between 1 and 2am? At that time the tide would have been coming in and pushing things up into Great and Little Bay and up to Newington. Trouble is there is a lot of salt marshes up in that area, places where you can't access on foot. If they don't find her in the next few days and this storm hits like it looks it will, it's doubtful she'll ever be found.

The probable cause hearing will decide if he remains in custody until the case is considered by the grand jury.

Here is where the state must produce enough evidence that there was a crime comitted and if he was involved. Ill assume--not my favorite word- that if there is sufficient evidence to involve other persons that will take place then or sooner where possible.

The media will also make argument to the court to release police records in the case--dunno on that chance.

Weather is not going to help--some decisions need to be made--I am glad I dont need to make them.

All MOO with respect to Lizzi, her family and LE

Thank you for the welcome. Has anyone else tried to look on the web for info regarding tidal paths or currents? I'm sure they have someone working on that but I've tried to look at data from that night and I can't figure it all out. I can't tell how the currents move in that area. I do know they've been looking as far down as massachusetts. Thing that bothers me is that this is a guy with ties to the theater in the seacoast area and I wonder if he'd have a key to that building in Prescott Park near the open theater. I just can't understand how someone could not be seen at Pierce Island at that time of night. That area always has people around, fishermen, kids smoking and drinking, etc. I just don't see how anyone could go down there and not be spotted.

Was it windy and chilly that night? That keeps people away or at least, they don't tend to stick around long.

I have not posted in this thread because I don't want to write/say something that I shouldn't.

In saying that, I am afraid that the State will win on this one, as they should IMO at least in this stage of the case.

I was not surprised to hear that they were searching Hilton Park and the area around it. The currents in this body of water is different than anywhere else on the Seacoast or for that matter along the entire eastern seaboard. They still have hopes of finding her body and I do think she will be found.

The fishing community in this area are very close knit. I know that they are also helping in the search as are the weekend boaters. These are the most traveled waterways in this area.

I pray everynight that she will be found.

Also, good point about the Prescott Park buildings. Wonder if he also had access to police scanners and information so he knew who would be in that area at the time he "may have" brought Lizzi there.

RIP Lizzi.

No key, he wasn't that important.

This wasn't planned and I have a feeling that it happened after 2am when the streets become quiet and all the bar employees have gone home.

That would explain why they're looking in Newington, then. Didn't I read somewhere that they believe she was put in the water some time between 1 and 2am? At that time the tide would have been coming in and pushing things up into Great and Little Bay and up to Newington. Trouble is there is a lot of salt marshes up in that area, places where you can't access on foot. If they don't find her in the next few days and this storm hits like it looks it will, it's doubtful she'll ever be found.
I walk the trails a lot at the Great Bay Reservation in Newington and I think a lot of other people might have been thinking as it seems a lot more busy than usual. The trail goes along the water. I think a lot of people want to help. I wanted to walk along the trails up at Adams Point in Durham and the "newer"trail in Newmarket. This has really affected a lot of people around here. So much bad news lately................

I would like to pose a positive approach to this. but it is not feasable.

Lizzi has been missing long enough to wash away any evidence other than skeletal which I know can be telling.

The state is hell bent on suppresing any evidence in the case. Im not quite sure if that is for the benifit of the case or thier strategy--JMO

I just hope that the crux of thier case doesnt depend on a body. Although it seens to be.

I still wonder if she is in those waters--some surface by now.JMO

I hope it ends soon for the family even if the charges are of a lesser value at this point.

How would one explore an alternative dumping senario --sorry but the water theory is getting weak-- I see no solid case other than the island waters from the state. If any the fisherman would have found her by now.:twocents:

JMO all due respect intended.

Very sad case. Just had to add that I am very familiar with how long it takes to pass out from a choke hold due to my younger days of grappling. Once choke is applied and blood flow cut off at the carotid arteries it's good night in 5 seconds or less. Hold that choke for another 5 and death can easily happen and has. Maybe this guy didn't realize she had completely passed out and continued to have sex with her, speculation on my part of course. I don't really have much of an opinion on what happened as there is not enough evidence for me, but it "seems" that some rough sex play went too far.

I would like to pose a positive approach to this. but it is not feasable.

Lizzi has been missing long enough to wash away any evidence other than skeletal which I know can be telling.

The state is hell bent on suppresing any evidence in the case. Im not quite sure if that is for the benifit of the case or thier strategy--JMO

I just hope that the crux of thier case doesnt depend on a body. Although it seens to be.

I still wonder if she is in those waters--some surface by now.JMO

I hope it ends soon for the family even if the charges are of a lesser value at this point.

How would one explore an alternative dumping senario --sorry but the water theory is getting weak-- I see no solid case other than the island waters from the state. If any the fisherman would have found her by now.:twocents:

JMO all due respect intended.

I live near Narragansett Bay, RI. Over the years, there has been accidental drownings and suicides, etc. in the bay. Some bodies have never been found. Some turn up days, weeks, months or years later. In one case, a jaw bone (found by a diver looking for quahogs) was found and it was connected to a suicide (dental records). The rest of the body has never turned up. All and all, it is all a crap shoot. Unfortunately, some bodies have never been recovered. The water on this planet is a very big place. JMO

Very sad case. Just had to add that I am very familiar with how long it takes to pass out from a choke hold due to my younger days of grappling. Once choke is applied and blood flow cut off at the carotid arteries it's good night in 5 seconds or less. Hold that choke for another 5 and death can easily happen and has. Maybe this guy didn't realize she had completely passed out and continued to have sex with her, speculation on my part of course. I don't really have much of an opinion on what happened as there is not enough evidence for me, but it "seems" that some rough sex play went too far.

I think he had a compulsion. In other words, he daydreamed about choking a woman during all his waking moments. It was his perversion. Either he planned to do it to Lizzi or he impulsively did it to her. Maybe he was high or buzzed on a few drinks and lost control. I'm just speculating here. However, I don't think Lizzi went to Dover for a sexual encounter with anyone. I doubt it was her intentions. JMO

I live near Narragansett Bay, RI. Over the years, there has been accidental drownings and suicides, etc. in the bay. Some bodies have never been found. Some turn up days, weeks, months or years later. In one case, a jaw bone (found by a diver looking for quahogs) was found and it was connected to a suicide (dental records). The rest of the body has never turned up. All and all, it is all a crap shoot. Unfortunately, some bodies have never been recovered. The water on this planet is a very big place. JMO

I agree. And this storm can do one of two things: it can either drag any evidence that may still be left away and out to see or if she is somehow trapped under a pier or some debris, it could loosen her and let her rise to the surface. I do hope when they prosecute this man they take into consideration that her family may never bury their daughter. It does seem from the tidal information that she was most likely dragged up the river rather than down river into open waters so that may help them in finding her. I know years and years ago the two bays were incredible clam and lobster beds, before they had treatment plants dumping into them, so that means the bottom is quite soft and mucky. The shoreline is mostly high grass covered at high tide, but the grass is that sharp kind so it's impossible to go wading through it and there is a lot of ground to cover. My hope is that she's in that grass and will be found.

http://m.seacoastonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?aid=/20121028/NEWS/121029711&template=wapart

By Joey Cresta
October 28, 2012 - 1:45 PM

PORTSMOUTH — Volunteers with the New Hampshire League of Investigators and the Mission for the Missing brought four dogs trained in detecting human remains to Peirce Island Sunday in hopes of finding evidence in the Lizzi Marriott case.

<snipped>
The importance of the search for the sake of Marriott’s family could not be overstated, said Frank Masciulli, uncle of Melanie Melanson, who went missing exactly 23 years ago on Saturday in Woburn, Mass. Melanson’s relatives were on Peirce Island Sunday, providing meals for the searchers.

Is it certain that she was the last person to 'text' a message on her phone at 10:11pm that evening? No live conversation.

Sorry gotta say it again. Is it certain that she was placed in that water. If the individual charged with her demise is the credible source, I dont feel cozy about that info--JMO.

The dogs are a great idea--did they search land, water or both?

Still gotta wonder about that vehicle at the UNH parking lot, how it got there, who drove it and is there any evidence in it.

So many questions. But they line the pathway to the truth. JMO

Hope they find her soon.

I think he had a compulsion. In other words, he daydreamed about choking a woman during all his waking moments. It was his perversion. Either he planned to do it to Lizzi or he impulsively did it to her. Maybe he was high or buzzed on a few drinks and lost control. I'm just speculating here. However, I don't think Lizzi went to Dover for a sexual encounter with anyone. I doubt it was her intentions. JMO

Seth was not a drinker nor a drug user.

Hmm not sure if he thought about it during "all" of his waking moments...let's just say, this wasn't their first rodeo

ETA By "they" I do not mean Lizzie....

Is it certain that she was the last person to 'text' a message on her phone at 10:11pm that evening? No live conversation.

Sorry gotta say it again. Is it certain that she was placed in that water. If the individual charged with her demise is the credible source, I dont feel cozy about that info--JMO.

The dogs are a great idea--did they search land, water or both?

Still gotta wonder about that vehicle at the UNH parking lot, how it got there, who drove it and is there any evidence in it.

So many questions. But they line the pathway to the truth. JMO

Hope they find her soon.

Today on my way to work I saw a couple of helicopters flying around the Great Bay area and I thought they had found her...sadly they did not.

Praying for her recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member