CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the thing: when MR moaned & whined that "My problem is my ex-wife. She seems to have all the answers, and she seems to be the one everybody wants to listen to." - I think it's possible that what he was really complaining about was that LE was paying heed to ER's statements to LE. I think the realization that investigators were following up on information from ER chapped MR's *advertiser censored*.

IMO, I think the "everybody" he was referring to may have been investigators.

MR himself seems to blame ER, based on this statement he made on December 3rd:

“The community’s been great. My problem is my ex-wife. She seems to have all the answers, and she seems to be the one everybody wants to listen to.”

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121203/NEWS01/121209881/0/NEWS04/Police-reveal-no-new-leads

I have a lot of problems, but that doesn't mean they're responsible for my behavior (or that I'm blaming them for it).

ETA: I'm not being rude if I don't respond to your message. I'm just going back to my earlier decision to not sit here on a thread for Dylan talking about nothing but his father.

I don't recall anyone posting a single thing about your particular problems. :waitasec:

My post was about what I perceived to be MR & others blaming his ex-wife for his behavior & statements since Dylan went missing. The fact of the matter is: MR DID say his ex-wife was his problem.

I'm waiting for a "smoking gun" before I start accusing Mark Redwine of harming his child.

By smoking gun I mean something like an announcement he's a POI or a suspect or maybe a confession or blood that is Dylan's at his house or in his truck or a hit by a cadaver dog in his house or in his truck, or if they find Dylan's backpack, cell phone et al buried in his backyard. Something tangible.

That's just my feelings and opinion on the matter. I learned long ago what seems to be the truth isn't always the truth. I've jumped to conclusions too many times to not be more cautious before I start pointing fingers at someone until I have all the information.

I know that other people don't need to have all that I do to make up their minds and that's ok, it's just that for me, I want more than circumstanial stuff that's not all based in fact.

Because the divorce is so contentious, I have to take everything Elaine says with a GOS. She could have an agenda, maybe not but I have to consider the source and what's possibly behind it. She got a chance to throw him under the bus and she took it.

Bad on him for putting himself in that position.

I had a case like that when I did jury service once.

Originally Posted by sorrell skye
MR himself seems to blame ER, based on this statement he made on December 3rd:

“The community’s been great. My problem is my ex-wife. She seems to have all the answers, and she seems to be the one everybody wants to listen to.”

http://www.durangoherald.com/article...l-no-new-leads

When me makes comments like this, I take it with a GOS as well. I don't believe his problem is his ex-wife other than she put the blame on him publically. But he's got other problems besides her.

I have a lot of problems, but that doesn't mean they're responsible for my behavior (or that I'm blaming them for it).

ETA: I'm not being rude if I don't respond to your message. I'm just going back to my earlier decision to not sit here on a thread for Dylan talking about nothing but his father.

This is one of those "I should have had a V8" moments. LMAO

What I have found interesting while following the discussion regarding Dylan how little has been mention with respect to the various lodges in the area that are booked for hunting, fishing, various lake and winter activities, hiking, and a number of activities especially around Thanksgiving when a number of families would/could potentially taking the week while their kids are not in school.

This does not even take into account the number of people employed by each of these facilities. When do their shifts start? Is the employment seasonal as often found in mountainous areas especially during the ski season.

There is a reason that there are 144 SO in this region, a large number which are not required to register.

I believe MR's pretty mild comment in that instance about ER was after she said a few pretty damning things about him very early on - basically pointing the finger at him in relation to Dylan's disappearance, then of course alluding to his polygraph results with NG. I can understand either of them lashing out under such stress - even previously happy couples have had their relationships rocked when they are dealing with this kind of thing.

What I have found interesting while following the discussion regarding Dylan how little has been mention with respect to the various lodges in the area that are booked for hunting, fishing, various lake and winter activities, hiking, and a number of activities especially around Thanksgiving when a number of families would/could potentially taking the week while their kids are not in school.

This does not even take into account the number of people employed by each of these facilities. When do their shifts start? Is the employment seasonal as often found in mountainous areas especially during the ski season.

There is a reason that there are 144 SO in this region, a large number which are not required to register.
I've thought about those things too. In addition to lodges, I've wondered if anyone has summer cabins they rent to people for a weekend, week or whatever. If they only use it during one season, say for skiing, do any of them let someone else stay in theirs for part of the year?

Good points there - another poster (I think it was ICUDOUCME) lives in the general area and pointed out that there is also a lot of movement/travel done by people for work purposes that connects lots of seemingly small communities - even across state lines on a daily basis. The seasonal nature of the activities you mentioned would also mean a lot of movement and travel by people not necessarily from anywhere close by too.

Holy crapola! I just resurfaced from the last 20 pages of thread #12 and at least 30 pages of this thread. I have no idea how I survived that.:blushing:
Gah, time differences can be a real drag.

Anyway, it was really good to finally hear Mark Klaas' view on this case.
I think I'm still :fence: though - I really just don't know what to think anymore, sooo I guess this was clearly a really pointless post. :shutup:

:twocents:

great thinking, so how do we work out all the different lodges? and who works where and when.

how many of them are past where Dylans dads house is?

I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach over this case.

When I first saw it on Facebook my initial thought was a runaway that would come home as soon as Mom got there to get him.
Now I feel like he's never coming home.

So sad.

great thinking, so how do we work out all the different lodges? and who works where and when.

how many of them are past where Dylans dads house is?

ok theres lots in the area

so how do we get anywhere with this train of thought? Its like looking for a needle in a haystack

Very interesting observation. Many years ago there was a local high profile case at the same time of a huge event that brought 100s of thousands of people to the area. They all went away and at the same time a little girl was snatched, literally, out of her yard.

Just and FYI about SHefner....

She is a WONDERFUL hostess and a great cook. I could smell her food and see her Christmas lights 2 hours away!!!:christmastree::blowkiss:

Awww blondy, what a sweet thing to say! (I will pay you the agreed amount later this week ;))
Sooo happy to have that whole thing over, even though it was great. 100 people in your house...in every room=INTENSE. LOL!

I heard someone playing drums for two hours tonight, was that shefner too? ;) Actually I think all of Carolina heard them!

No, Yoda...that was my husband taking all the guests upstairs to see the new time-trial cycle he got for Christmas! Stomp, stomp, stomp.
Men and their toys! You gotta love em! hehe

I've got to listen to this show again. Lots of info and good comparisons to other cases where suspect parents acted similar. Very interesting discussion.

I missed the show. You say they mentioned other parents with missing children who acted similarly. Did they mention countless other cases where almost everyone on the internet/media THs found suspicion in everything the parents did yet it turned out in the end they were wrong and the parents had nothing to do with the disappearance of their child or children?

I hope so because that would only be the way to have a fair comparision, imo.

IMO

So what do you think the next course of action should be as it seems very quiet and time is very important in these cases ??

Holy crapola! I just resurfaced from the last 20 pages of thread #12 and at least 30 pages of this thread. I have no idea how I survived that.:blushing:
Gah, time differences can be a real drag.

Anyway, it was really good to finally hear Mark Klaas' view on this case.
I think I'm still :fence: though - I really just don't know what to think anymore, sooo I guess this was clearly a really pointless post. :shutup:

:twocents:

I have always loved Marc Klass and his advocacy for children but I have seen Marc come down hard on a parent when it turned out they had no involvement. I think he thinks its his job to critize and thinks they should all do just like he wants them to do. Marc didnt have the media hounds and internet breathing down his neck when Paulie went missing like parents do today. Its a whole new world out there today and sometimes not a very pretty one for parents with missing children.

But Marc Klass has no law enforcement background even though I think he is a fine man.

IMO

I have just spent the past 6 months reading up on polygraphs. Only because my 24 yr old just had to take a very extensive one to try and be admitted to the Sheriff's Academy. He did take his poly and he PASSED. And that is exactly the term they used, but it is more complicated than that. So you are right.

On the day he took the test, the examiner told him it had to be sent somewhere else to be evaluated. So there were no instantaneous results. But weeks later on his background examiner told him he passed the poly.

In my work experience (Cook County gov't, here in Chicago) - yup. They most definitely do state 'passed' as the confirmation of a satisfactory outcome on the polygraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcleavenger