Jodi Arias Trial Discussion #9 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO but I'm no more concerned with the specifics of this case and circumstances than I am with other cases. Other than wanting this monster convicted and sentenced.

The state's case is very strong (IMO) and the defense has done nothing to help JA's case. They have done nothing whatsoever to show she was a battered woman or that self-defense was necessary, so they HAVE to put on some kind of case in chief. They absolutely have to put on witnesses to create an alternate theory and that will allow a rebuttal. But the cross by the state and the rebuttal will give Juan two more opportunities to do what he does best.

JMO.

well, I think he did good.

He will wait for the defense to put all the other witnesses on and get the real story from them

But what if the defense does not call any witnesses?

Isnt the State then NOT able to call anyone more?

Isnt the state limited to who they can call in rebuttal based on who the defenese calls?

I don't recall hearing from any of Jodi's friends, other than the witness today who seemed more like an acquaintance.

Have there been any doing interviews on NG, Dr. Drew, anything like that? Did she even have any real friends?

State
On May 28, 08 - Defendant staged a burglery in her own home . . . she then rented a car 90 miles away in redding Calif. . . . showed up as a blonde with a male with her . . . .where are you going? just around town . . . .plan was already in place . . . she asks for a car that would blend in . . . she took front and back license plates off of her car - comes up with a story about kids playing around . . . she went over to TA's home brought a gun and knife . . . she engaged in conduct with him and then began to attack him . . .had him in a very vulnerable position sitting in the shower . .. . she did stab him first . . . per the ME . . . . she killed him 3 times over . . . premeditation . . .. premeditation could be as long as a week or minutes apart
JA kills TA = 3 different ways

Alternative to felony murder . . .. crimes . . . assault is the most suited . . . when she began stabbing him -no one could debate TA did not really want her to be in his house when she is stabbing her . . . she is no longer an invited guest - the assault forms the predicate . . . .

Ask you to deny the defendants request for rule 20 - judgement of acquittal

Defense
Wants to reassert Rule 20 - Self defense motion

If you read between lines of what State just told you . . . it is just an empty vessel to seek a first degree murder conviction.

JA came to the home with a gun and a knife - there is no evidence JA brought a knife .. .they only presented a gun was a theft . . .

she came to TA's home with that intent .. .lured him into vulnerable position with having sex with him . . . she assaulted . . . . (they are not taking about the lesser includeds) - she assaulted with intent of murder.

Look @ cases cited distinguishable from Moore and Harley

Evidentiary hearing on 1/28 @ 10:30 am - see ya then

Remember how we knew the anthony defense team was reading here, and we'd often hear questions or our suggestions show up in the trial. In this case, I don't think the defense is interested enough to lurk here, but who knows.

They did seem to get our "get Jodi out of those glasses" suggestion - LOL

MOO

Mel

PS: Mr. Prosecutor - please stop yelling at this witness!

The strange thing is that I'm reading the book right now about the CA case, written by Jose Baez, and on page 97 he quotes "There was a website called Websleuths, and in it they had gone through the public records and researched my entire career. The "sleuths" talked about me as though they knew me. Much of it was insulting, even cruel, and scary. The prosecution, through the media, was inciting these people to act out, and there was nothing that the Anthonys, Casey, or I could do about it."

who has he sent to death row, any names I would recognize?

I cant remember the woman's name at the moment. It was the last one out of the three on death row now and he was the prosecutor on the case. She murdered her husband in 2004 or was put on DR in 2004 iirc.

IMO

But what if the defense does not call any witnesses?

Isnt the State then NOT able to call anyone more?

Isnt the state limited to who they can call in rebuttal based on who the defenese calls?

jmhoo but they will be calling witnesses... they were just talking about the PA rebuttal to their own CIC

If you take all the CE and linked it together it can be concluded that no one but Jodi took the gun. That is what CE cases are. The totality of it all.

IMO

I agree, and hope the jury understands that 1+1+2!

Judge Stephens: "The motion is under advisement, evidentiary hearing January 28, see you then", what is the purpose of an evidentiary hearing?

JA's mother sitting in gallery shaking her head at the prosecutor! Wow.

I cant remember the woman's name at the moment. It was the last one out of the three on death row now and he was the prosecutor on the case. She murdered her husband in 2004 or was put on DR in 2004 iirc.

IMO

I saw on one of the AZ news sites that a woman on death row died in hospital yesterday or earlier today!

Of course..he brought in the gun being stolen.........Jodi coming there and had a knife and a gun which she took with her......

lots of premeditation CE links....

You are right ocean but I wanted the jury to hear about every piece of premeditation read off in a list so that the defense couldn't explain it all away (she carried a gun for protection). Maybe that is reserved for closing arguments?

Long time lurker first time poster here.... Got sucked into this case by a friend.

I think we could play a drinking game everytime the Defense Attorney asks for a mistrial

After today I think we need to! lol

Long time lurker first time poster here.... Got sucked into this case by a friend.

I think we could play a drinking game everytime the Defense Attorney asks for a mistrial

We played that during the CA trial and our livers were just recovering.

The strange thing is that I'm reading the book right now about the CA case, written by Jose Baez, and on page 97 he quotes "There was a website called Websleuths, and in it they had gone through the public records and researched my entire career. The "sleuths" talked about me as though they knew me. Much of it was insulting, even cruel, and scary. The prosecution, through the media, was inciting these people to act out, and there was nothing that the Anthonys, Casey, or I could do about it."

Awwwww....did someone get his feelings hurt because we all had his number? Cry me a freaking river.

Like what? Any ideas?

That is what is so riveting..........we have to stay tuned.

Its going to be so different now because he will ask leading questions which means the evidence he wants out will be in the question he asks followed by a short yes or no answers.

I love it when the state is able to ask leading questions.

Did anyone catch her attorney make the smart a$$ comment about not knowing if the story may change again?

He meant the story of if the stabbings came first or the gun shot. He's mad at the prosecution for changing the story (even though they didn't, it was a misunderstanding on the part of the detective).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BISHWHETT