jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 10TH DAY #52 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband died at home after a long illness. Yes, I can be very hard to tell if someone is really dead. For one thing, your own heart is beating so hard you are shaking. Did he take a breath? Am I imagining it? It was very hard.

On the other hand, JA slit his throat. Hard to keep breathing after that.

I'm so sorry. I lost a loved one who was in hospice for a long time and I remember sitting bedside watching his chest rise and fall, gently putting my hand on him, kissing his forehead to make sure he was still alive. I was on edge and unable to relax for a moment during those last several weeks afraid the inevitable was going to happen.

Conversly JA's lie today was disgusting and snotty. I'm sure she knew he was dead after X number of stab wounds and/or the gunshot to the forehead. I would be insulted as a juror if she was trying to sell me that lie, "I've never killed anyone before so I didn't know if he was dead." She gets more and more disgusting.

Or WILL. I completely anticipate seeing Matt McCartney as a rebuttal witness for the prosecution. Remember, he has that family to think about.

Can't trust a man whose occupation on MySpace is "Ninja!"
Ninja? lol Is that a slam (at Jodi's ninja story)?

BTW, welcome to Websleuths!

Not really. He addressed her "suicide attempt" that stung so bad. Then asked her if she thought about how bad it must have hurt Travis when she plunged the knife into his chest. . . .It was amazing.

Objection and side bar and then he moved on.

He also mentioned that she claimed "suicide" several times....

i'm hoping he'll return to the theme that jodi is such a noble human being, she was willing to risk prison to protect TA's HONOR!!!!!!

but she couldn't go on until she came clean, and reluctantly stopped protecting her love. what a GAL!!

Did you see where Nurmi was nodding his head "no"
and waving his finger no?

It was in regards to her testimony about the woman Travis made out with on his couch...

No. I only saw a few minutes.

Do you watch the videos of the days court proceedings later on? If so, can you take a look at Wilmott and see if you think that she is directing Jodi from the defense table while Jodi is on the stand under cross? Please and thank you!

Yes.

I have not been able to keep up this thread and feel certain it has probably been discussed. Gonna mention anyways :).
My favorite moment was when he was asking her about her "suicide attempt" in jail and that she stopped because it stung so bad. "What do you think Travis felt when you pushed the knife in his chest."
I knew there was going to be an objection but he got it out there. It was what I was thinking (and said) when she first talked about her "attempt".
He is really bringing it all to the table and laying it all out on the line for Travis and his family.

Question about the missing gun from JA's grandparents' house. Is it possible to compare a prior bullet shot (if the grandparents had one) with the one that killed TA or was shot in his home to see if it was the same gun?

Yes, they could probably match the part of the casing where the gun hits the primer against another one. However, I'm sure her grandparents rarely fired that gun. Also, that's not nearly as good as comparing bullets.

Sooo... how long do you think it will take the jury to return their guilty verdict?

We should start a list of guesses and whoever is closest wins a Toblerone and some pop rocks!

After this? I see a conga line of people walking into the jury room, around the desk, back out the door, to their chairs and all of them making the finger slice across the neck while they stare Jodi in the eyes. JMO

So guys, did he cover the actual murder this morning?

No, he harped on all of her lying after the murder. I think he's saving the murder pictures for the last part of his cross. JMO

If Jodi was ever really serious about committing suicide it would probably be tonight.

It's one thing to not get it and not get the crazy but it's another for somebody like MM to state he would lie for her...and if he did write those letters...what kind of person does that?

he wuvs her.

People are saying Jodi never should have gotten on the stand. Correct me if I am wrong, but in AZ I think if you claim self defense you must testify

apparently not in this state...which defies all logic.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone know if we have any WS's in the court room today? I cant wait to hear their thoughts and notes of today.

Why isn't she just admitting that her left hand was injured and not her right? Why be so argumentative about this fact? We see in her interrogation with Flores that its clearly her left hand that she says is and was injured.

Why insist its the right that was bandaged when she was in Utah?

She can't admit it was her left hand because that is the hand she is "claiming" Travis kicked and broke her ring finger, back in Jan 2008.

I think JM would have gotten a bigger reacion by saying "oh and how do you think TA felt when you slit his throat from ear to ear" Granted asking her about stabbing him was awesome enough but that would have been like Whoa!

DH "discovered" week that he gets HLN on his car radio, so he is now listening to the trial during lunch and on his way home. I look forward to discussing today's testimony when he gets home this evening.

Yesterday we were talking about the time change that's coming up in two weeks (March 10). AZ doesn't spring forward to Daylight Saving Time, but the hours of trial coverage will change for most of us. Does anyone think that the trial might conclude before then?

Sirius XM channel 116!

I think there's zero chance that the trial will conclude before March 10th. This week court is M-W. I'll recheck but as of last week it wasn't scheduled for Thursday. Next week in session either 3 or 4 days and that will put us up to March 10th.
There's the rest of the defense CIC and then the rebuttal. We'll be here for a lot longer IMO.

can someone give info on the jury or a link to a post about who is on the jury - age, gender, any other info?

how long til they go at it again? Peeking at work

Why isn't she just admitting that her left hand was injured and not her right? Why be so argumentative about this fact? We see in her interrogation with Flores that its clearly her left hand that she says is and was injured.

Why insist its the right that was bandaged when she was in Utah?

She has claimed that her left hand/finger was damaged when TA hit her. So, she can't now say that she hurt it while killing him.

That is ridiculous!

It is. We have to wait two hours for what you're seeing right now on IS (live coverage in downtown Phoenix at the courthouse).

I guess I could watch it live by bringing a camp chair and some popcorn and sit in front of the media truck down there, but then I'd miss the trial and couldn't be here on WS. :)

I don't know why they couldn't or wouldn't make a programming change given the location for this particular trial - just for the duration of the trial....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA