Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do you think there is a generational aspect to it?

(I have posted this before so apologies for repeating myself.) Just to give you my own, limited a d purely anecdotal impression, within my group of friends it's not "the norm" but it is hardly shocking either.

Like so many here, I find myself consumed with all things AZ vs Jodi Arias. There are so many unanswered questions at this point, and the nature of this defendant tells us that we will NEVER have the answers.

I am fairly certain that she will be found guilty of 1st Degree Murder...and I, for one, am ambivalent on the punishment of LWOP or the DP. As long as this monster is never again allowed to walk the streets, I will consider justice served.

However, I find myself thinking about two things and cannot shake the thoughts because they are both frightening and confusing:

- If I were a brother or sister if JA, would I EVER want to know the specific details of my brother's brutal murder? Even if this psychopath were willing to give the details of June 4, would I really want to know those specifics? Perhaps it is far too overwhelming to have seen and heard everything thus far and anything more would haunt me forever. I realize they already have too many memories that they will live with for the rest of their lives. Should they really know anything more?

- I continue to think of TA's roommates and just how fortunate they are that nothing in their schedules brought them back to that home on the afternoon / evening of June 4. Had either one surprised JA, I am certain there would have been more than one victim.

We all have so many questions...and we will never know the answers because the average mind does not work like hers...and all her actions and secrets will forever remain hidden behind all her lies and delusions.
I think Lisa Andrews and Mimi Hall are both lucky to be alive. If either one of them had gotten closer to Travis I think JA would have taken them out.

one more thing.....I know it is VERY costly BUT I believe that someone needs to go after her for perjury (CA too) because until someone makes these liars responsible for their made up abuse/victim stories people will continue to proceed with ANYTHING they can come up with for their defense.

I think one reason Martinez follows her down her crazy trails (other than to establish that HE will be in control and call her on EVERY answer she tries to weasel out of) is to prove that she lied then and she's lying now and her abuse/pedophila claims are the biggest lie.

one more thing.....I know it is VERY costly BUT I believe that someone needs to go after her for perjury (CA too) because until someone makes these liars responsible for their made up abuse/victim stories people will continue to proceed with ANYTHING they can come up with for their defense.

This is a great point. So many juror questions were of the "which is it?" variety. She obviously told 2 different stories on many things.

I too wish she could be further prosecuted for perjury.
I also wish Gus would have got contempt of court.

These type of people like Jodi and Gus think it is a game with no repercussions.
Where are the repercussions for their behavior on the stand.
It does make people in the future think they can do like they do.
Its very upsetting.

Agree.

JMO
I've mentioned before that I think the "car debt" that she owed Travis was a huge part of her motive. During her testimony there were very telling signs to me that money was a huge concern for her and this car debt was a big problem for her.

It sounded like she had nothing but odd jobs working at restarants and it sounds like she did not make much. Since the car was basically ruined by her, the last thing she wanted to do was take a portion of what little she earned and send it to Travis who was dumping her.

I am sure she thought about it this way.
-Why should I pay him money on a car I cant drive
-He is dumping me and I am supposed to give him money still
-If he is dead, the debt I owe him goes away

There was a point in the testimony where she was describing how she got favorable terms and she said it like Travis told her she could pay as little as 100 per month but more if she had it. That part of her testimony showed me how money was a huge issue and huge concern for her. She always wanted to live the high life like Travis and never wanted to come across as someone who did not have money. She was faking to everybody that she was one of the high life socialites and as she testifiied she even said her reputation was very important to her. I am sure even the training classes for PPL emphasized how to basically "show off" to people how they could be rich like them some day. I attended a multi-level marketing spiel and it was just like this.

I dont think people realize how money was such a critical factor for her.

I think she left that check there at his place when she killed him knowing he could not cash it after he was dead. She even called one of the relatives and was worried they would try to cash it.

She always wanted people to think highly of her in the money department and she knew she could never afford to keep up with those car payments.
To me, that car debt was a huge factor in killing him once he decided to dump her.

The bottom line for me is I think the money debt was equal if not more of a reason why she killed him. Combine the money debt with jealousy and revenge, and you get a killer Jodi who is still trying to show off that she is an intelligent high life socialite.

During her direct tesatbalony she said Travis "palmed" the car off on her. She was the one who wanted the car. It was Jodi's to way have years of her toe in the door and access to Travis. Her remark was another slam at Travis and his reputation and integrity.

Hi My WS Friends!

Forgive me, I am still on the other weekend thread. But.....I did something I should not have done! I looked at the photo of JA's private area....

EWWWW!!!

Can I bleach my eyes out now? Is my computer infected lol?

Sorry, but that is just nasty....Who poses for those types of photos?

I am 48 also! Lots of 48yo on the boards......

:waitasec:

I'm a year past 48, can I still count as 48? :waitasec:

Well, it took her grandfather 2 YEARS to find a lost phone in his truck - maybe it's a hereditary thing.

He certainly realized his gun had been stolen very quickly however. Or was the house left noticeably burglarized??

(by the defendant, of course)

:waitasec:

Random question: can her false accusations against Travis re; abuse and BS pedophilia be used against her during the death sentencing hearings?

The family of TA can probably describe their horror that she would try and further destroy their brothers reputation after she murdered him. Victim impact statements.

I was just re-watching some earlier testimony because my curiosity had me.

Regarding the cut finger (which "supposedly" happened on some metal), we all mostly remember that Ryan Burns testified she cut it on a glass at work.
(Of course HE is the liar).

Then I went and re-watched the testimony from Leslie Udy (sp?), and of course, SHE must be lying also, on how each of them were told how the cuts happened.

YouTube Ryan Burns: starts at 19:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mG-HoiBA1k

YouTube Leslie Udy: starts at 28:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ys3DFvhzYo

You're speaking of Matt McCarthy, right? If so, I think he's more involved in all this than what we think.

I think he might've been the one who burglarized JA's grandparents home and stole the gun. (side-note: why is a 28 year old living w/her grandparents anyway?) I think Jodi has something over on Matt and that's why she's so cocky when saying he won't betray her!

I also think he might've been with her part of the trip because she referred TWICE to someone else in her car when she said: 'we drove' ......when going over her road trip in southern California to Flores.

I also think Daryl isn't as clean as we think either.

Why were there three bank deposits immediately after picking up the gas cans that morning (June 3rd)? Did he give her money?
Someone pointed out she might've deposited the money initially in the wrong account that's why there were two more deposits. But still....where'd this money come from?

Who drove her to obtain the rental car 90 miles from her home?.... because there's no mention that her car was left at the rental place for 4 days.
And in the same thought-process: who picked her up there on June 6th? What does her cell phone records show?

(already asked but....) did Budget charged her for the missing mats?

I hope it's just us who are confused and not the jurors because there are so many open ended and non-clarified points of interest in the convoluted case.

I think Jodi committed the burglary and sold the items...the remote control she had to go back to give to Darryl Brewer could've been for the stereo or DVD player that was stolen...Darryl didn't offer what the remote was for so I'm assuming they couldn't bring it up because it would be too prejudicial since she wasn't charged for the burglary.

While we're on break from court, I've been starting from the beginning and watching the youtube videos from the first days of the trial, which I missed.

I am enthralled with Dr. Horn. He is so dreamy! He reminds me of Adam Levine from Maroon 5.

http://features.rr.com/photo/02F8c185yz3VT?q=Leslie+David+Baker
http://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/2787900/adam-levine-peoples-choice-2013-12/

Not that I'm shocked, but all through the autopsy pics JA is wiping her nose but no crying, no redness in the face or around the eyes. She couldn't even try a little?! What a bad actress.

While we're on break from court, I've been starting from the beginning and watching the youtube videos from the first days of the trial, which I missed.

I am enthralled with Dr. Horn. He is so dreamy! He reminds me of Adam Levine from Maroon 5.

http://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/2787900/adam-levine-peoples-choice-2013-12/

Not that I'm shocked, but all through the autopsy pics JA is wiping her nose but no crying, no redness in the face or around the eyes. She couldn't even try a little?! What a bad actress.

Lol! Yes, I thought he was quite easy on the eyes too.

Just a random thought as I have been scurrying around trying to make up for the lost hour of productivity here in CA due to DST, it was mentioned by one of the posters that AZ is still on 'God's time'. That said, I thought about 'the camera' and the time stamp on June 4, 2008. And the fact that JA was brazenly murdering poor Travis at a time when one of roommates could have walked thru the door at any time. Did a quick check of Cancun time and discovered that they do, in fact, observe DST. Is it possible that either JA or TA could have set his new camera an hour ahead in anticipation of his forthcoming trip? Just a thought.......

Not sure how the date/time are set on that camera, however, if it is like a computer it will ask which time zone you are in when setting it, and/or would also have on the memory card when the date/time was set or reset. I doubt since he lived in AZ he would set it for a trip to Mexico which wasn't going to take place for six days after June 4.

MOO

During her direct tesatbalony she said Travis "palmed" the car off on her. She was the one who wanted the car. It was Jodi's to way have years of her toe in the door and access to Travis. Her remark was another slam at Travis and his reputation and integrity.

testabaloney, :rocker: :floorlaugh: :rocker: :silly: :rocker: that's right, right?

<respectfully snipped>

2. Authority. Once JM establishes control - which is essential - he must keep it. Notice that he constantly says to her, "Mam, did I ask you if you....." when she adds to questions. He is jerking the choke chain, letting her know he is still in control and she is out of line. She bulks back at him a few times, but eventually she does submit.

In sum, I have honestly wondered who trained him and how he had the faith to do that right. It is very hard and I am sure he had to feel stupid chasing those leads all the way to the end. But, he taught her to respect him. He taught her that he had control. And, every time she is out of line, he jerks her chain again and she often submits. I think it has been brilliant and I am just glad the jury could see it.

Just want to say - as a therapeutic parent - I often have to handle lying and violence with the same calm and be willing to calmly go through lies until we get to the truth. BUT, as parents, we are also therapeutic and giving love because our goal is to change the outcome. So, I don't want anyone to read this and think that we, as parents, need to "jerk our child's chain" as JM has done with JA. He is obviously not trying to therapeutically parent -grin! He is going for pure control and I am amazed at how well he has done it.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Great post - the highlighted part is my absolute FAVORITE part!

This is a great point. So many juror questions were of the "which is it?" variety. She obviously told 2 different stories on many things.

I too wish she could be further prosecuted for perjury.
I also wish Gus would have got contempt of court.

These type of people like Jodi and Gus think it is a game with no repercussions.
Where are the repercussions for their behavior on the stand.
It does make people in the future think they can do like they do.
Its very upsetting.

Speaking of Gus Searcy, here is a video that you need to view to believe! Unless he is exaggerating, he has lived an extraordinary life!

THE CHARM OF GUS SEARCY
The Charm of Gus Searcy - YouTube

(I have posted this before so apologies for repeating myself.) Just to give you my own, limited a d purely anecdotal impression, within my group of friends it's not "the norm" but it is hardly shocking either.

I graduated high school in '93. I'm 38 almost 39 years old. We had no internet in school at all. Even the first two years of college, internet wasn't something I used. Went to the good old fashioned college library for research papers etc.

Anyway, my point is, I think you're spot on with the generational thing.....

Is it possible that there was in fact rope, and that SHE used it to tie up Travis? Even though it was a sleigh bed, which complicates that theory.

I've been wondering about that rope. I don't see how a rope can be tied to a sleigh bed. It doesn't have the bed posts. Did'nt JA say he or she was tied to it at one point?

Please don't get in a rental car and head to Arizona, we'll be watching you :cop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann