Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are LIVE on the air with Katiekoolady, Dr. Lillian Glass and attorney Holly Hughes on TRICIA's TRUE CRIME RADIO discussing the Arias trial!

Click on the link in my signature line so you don't miss any more of the show!!!

Banks will let you start at a number of your choosing, Jodi could have started at 3000.

What I do find interesting that was written the day before Travis sent the threatening texts.

jacheck_zps08f39e6d.jpg

My thoughts exactly re: the date on the check, which convinces me even more that she brought it with her to the house and left it on his desk. Or it may have been her ruse to get inside. Either way, it wasn't sent in the mail nor did she ever intend for him to cash or deposit it.

:(

MOO

Jodi Arias made statements to Flores, the media and the jury that shows she has the thinking of a sociopath/psychopath.

“If I killed somebody, I would wear gloves. I have plenty of them.”

“If I killed Travis, I would show him mercy. I would shoot him. I’d never stab him.”

“I didn’t kill Travis. I have many ex boyfriends and they are all alive.”

“I would never kill Travis because I believe in the ten commandments: Thou Shall Not Kill.”

“I loved Travis on June 4, 2008 (when she was stabbing him to death, slitting his throat and shooting him in the head) and I still do but in a different way.”

“I didn’t call 911 because even though I was fighting for my life, I didn’t see it that way. I felt I did something wrong.”

“I didn’t know if he was dead or alive because I never killed anyone before.”

“I thought if you pointed a gun at someone loaded or not they’d stop” and she puts her hands up as if she is surrendering to police.

“I didn’t even know he was shot after the gun went off. He didn’t act any different. He was still angry, threatening my life and pulling on my clothes and trying to get control of me.”

“I have no memory of stabbing Travis or dragging his body. I guess I must have blacked out.”

“I don’t know how the bullet casing got in the blood because there was no blood when I shot him.”

“I had no fear – I mean anger – when I was stabbing Travis.”

“I can remember feelings but not details when I am in a blackout.”

“I remember I was in mortal terror that day.”

“I made up the story I told police to fit the forensics.”

“I called the police to find out what they knew to see if I was going to be arrested.”

“I didn’t tell the police about the pedophilia or abuse because I thought it would look like I had a motive.”

“I was free to date because I was single.”

“I confronted Travis about making out with a woman because although we weren’t boyfriend/girlfriend he was courting me.”

“I did television interviews because I wanted to protect Travis’s and my relationship.”

“I lied to the police about killing Travis because I wanted to protect Travis’ reputation.”

“I said no jury would convict me because I planned to commit suicide.”

“I tried to commit suicide once but when I nicked my wrist, it stung.”

“I have a very good memory except when I am under stress or someone is yelling at me.”

“I don’t usually lie. I only lied about killing Travis to protect his memory and I was scared and ashamed for anyone to know I was capable of doing such a thing.”

“I slept with him after I discovered he had an attraction to children because I thought he would stay away from children if he slept with me.”

“I’m telling the truth now because I am under oath.”

“I swore to tell the truth to the best of my ability.”

:gthanks:

I really appreciate the way you listed these conflicting statements and the bizarre lies from Jodi. Reading them over now they sound even more outrageous.

Well. There is one of JA's pictures that I don't think as many people have seen as opposed to the laying on the bed ones. The one where she is in the doggy style position.

Have you seen that one? IMO she wouldn't even need to use a lube after seeing that one. It is absolutely cavernous. If there ever were a need to have a rope in the bedroom that day it would be to use as an anchor.

IMO

YES!!! That's why my fiance' said it looked like it had had more miles put on it than Greyhound this weekend! He said it looked..umm...well used to it, to put it nicely.

That wouldn't happen in just a few "encounters" either! :waitasec:

JA has been on the stand so long, I'm afraid the Jury will not remember what all the witness's have said. I know I have forgotten!

Don't worry JM will get us up to speed at the end. If you discount everything Jodi has said, it'll go pretty fast. She planned it and this is why we know. End of story. jmo :jail:

OMG TOO FUNNY!! I am LOL
Now you all have got me interested. Where are these pic's?
I thought I had seen them all, but I didn't see any VA-JJ...just nude pics laying on the bed. Where are they? Do tell!

Apparently it was shown on live television accidentally.

@1.25.00
http://youtu.be/kdhYXVlvzsY?t=1h24m53s

I have a clear copy of it in my photobucket. If anyone really wants to see it, I would be happy to put them in a separate folder and password protect it for a little while so it's not all out there to be found by some unsuspecting person. LOL!

It looks like it's not totally torn off the checkbook. JMO

Why in May 25, 2008 did she still have a bank account with an address in Mesa Arizona?

When people move to another State, they get checks printed with new address. Well, normal people do anyway.

My thoughts exactly re: the date on the check, which convinces me even more that she brought it with her to the house and left it on his desk. Or it may have been her ruse to get inside. Either way, it wasn't sent in the mail nor did she ever intend for him to cash or deposit it.

:(

MOO

I agree. This may have been brought up already, but does the check number itself tell us anything about the order or when she would have wrote the check?

While I was needling regarding JA's characterizations of DB as an alcoholic chimney, the reason I beg to differ has to do with his testimony, which was initially reluctant and less than forthcoming.

I recall distinctly on Day 10, after her mentor, Gus Searcy testified, that DB first denied recalling JA's telephonic gas can request --even under oath -- until continuing to be pressed by JM.

http://youtu.be/soNJs_9FCPY?t=1h33m48s

For context, start at the 1:33:00 point in the clip.

This was, of course, after JA had brutally stabbed, sliced, and shot Travis Alexander, and DB was rather reluctant to openly testify that JA had called him in May of 2008 to ask him for a favor. In fact, he was a Defense witness.

When JM first questions DB about whether he remembers the phone call asking for the favor, DB answers, "No."

Then JM gets more specific. He asks whether DB remembers JA calling to ask to borrow two gas cans so that she could make a trip to Mesa, Arizona, and whether DB remembers that.

There is a rather long, awkward and very pregnant pause of nearly six seconds before DB barely whispers, "Yes."

You could almost hear everyone in that courtroom gasp when it happened.

And I rest my case regarding DB's allegiance to the lying torture-murderess.

i don't agree. it was reluctant....but he was forthcoming. if he was truly aiding and abetting he would have purjured himself. Instead he told the truth and continued. Telling the truth is what was required and he did it. Nothing he said helped her in any way and he realized it. so i don't see it, nor do i personally care how reluctant he was...he still did it. Not like MM who said he'd gladly lie for her-which is true aiding and abetting.

Also does not matter that he was a defense witness. She was a sociopath and possibly didn't see the full real JA until it was pointed out in a way that helped him connect the dots. A lot of people have a hard time seeing someone they love or loved as a demon. So? He still got it and testified against her even though it was defense's witness. Still didn't protect her.

On the stand you are required to answer questions as they are phrased, no more, no less. You don't offer up answers to questions that haven't been asked. So sure he could know more but unless he is called back to the stand and specifically asked he doesn't need to say anymore. Same goes for prosecution side- answer the truth, don't elaborate unless asked. Semantics i guess...have to agree to disagree

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

In initially answering that he did not remember JA's request for the two gas cans for her Mesa murder trip, he perjured himself.

Yes, he later admitted the memory and the incident.

He will not be charged; he effectively recanted the lie in his subsequent statements.

I have no sympathy for those who enable murderers. This includes covering for them after the fact.

Zero tolerance...

If we were dealing with a normal person here I would be thinking... it is practically June, where is June's payment? duh

Just noticed that check has her Mesa address on it. No big deal. Just can't believe I didn't notice that before since it jumped right out at me this time :/

The BMW was in Mesa in 2008

see Det Flores phone call with ja on 6-10

youtube testimony day 2 part 1

I've been wondering about that rope. I don't see how a rope can be tied to a sleigh bed. It doesn't have the bed posts. Did'nt JA say he or she was tied to it at one point?

I liked the theory of an earlier poster ( sorry, can't remember who) that the rope "appeared" in her story when she had to place the knife in the bathroom in order to disprove premed

I agree. This may have been brought up already, but does the check number itself tell us anything about the order or when she would have wrote the check?

Not that I am aware of and I don't recall it being brought up in court as to the status of the account on the date the check was written, i.e. what funds were in the account.

She did ask Det. Flores if it was still going to be cashed now that Travis was dead.

MOO

I don't know if this has been adequately answered yet, but I saw some posts in a closed thread wherein there is some confusion about Shell gas stations vs. Tesoro stations.

I had made a comment earlier about how, if JA was trying to save money, buying gas at a SHELL station was not the way to do it since they (along with Chevron) usually charge 10-20 cents more per gallon than the thriftier stations such as Arco.

I made that comment because I saw that she got gas at a SHELL station (NOT Tesoro) in Mesquite, NV. The station JM was focusing on WAS a Tesoro station in SLC. So, at least as far as my own earlier post goes, THAT is the distinction I was making when referring to the Shell station.

I don't really know what Tesoro gas station prices are like in comparison with other stations.

*NO OFF COLOR OR SEXUAL JOKES PLEASE* this includes descriptions ... Let's move on please...

*NO OFF COLOR OR SEXUAL JOKES PLEASE* this includes descriptions ... Let's move on please...

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be making jokes. I was just trying to discuss the photos that are in evidence in this case in a casual way as opposed to using the medical terminology. I have an aversion to the words rectum and anus but, that is my own issue I suppose.

I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member