the question phase continues: Arias on the stand for the 18th day #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal opinion is that Jodi is hurting herself by the way she is answering questions. I think that she is making the DP more likely. Look at it this way - if you or I had killed someone in self defense, we would almost certainly be so devastated to have taken another life that we wouldn't be able to answer a fraction of these questions without being extremely emotional. Most would be crying their eyes out. She does none of this. Not only does she NOT seem sorry, she seems entitled to what she did to Travis and almost proud of it. I truly believe that the DP will not be difficult to give to a person such as Jodi. She doesn't even TRY to fake it...she is too proud...too narcissistic. I truly believe that she will go down...all the way!

ITA. Remember the buzzword HLN hosts and TH's kept using, "humanize"? They're trying to "humanize" her by putting her on the stand, it will be harder for jurors to sentence someone to death once they know her and see her get "humanized".

Backfire.

We're all seeing who she is, what she's all about and she is why the DP exists. Especially with a DP qualified jury, she's making their decision much easier IMO.

What a waste. Most of you keep thinking Juan is going to pull a big "OMG" moment out from behind but....nope. I knew it. He's too fixated on semantics and getting Jodi tripped up when he's the one who ultimately loses his momentum.
Major disappointment!
I think this case is too big (too many nooks and crannies) for just one person.

Why does Flores get to sit at the States' table? Don't you have to be an accredited degree holding lawyer (paralegal) to sit up there? I mean, glad he's there. Wish he could take over though!

You say tomAYto, I say tomAHto.

Did I miss the time change? I thought it was going until 4:30 (my time) today?

Courts usually don't start a new witness on the stand with only an hour left unless it's going to be short testimony. I believe next up will be one of the defense "experts" - which will be more than an hour, I'm sure.

I have a lot of issues with this trial but JM is not one of them.

I have all my faith in him. His record speaks volumes.

"I felt like sometimes I might have done things to provoke Travis". Aaaand Nurmi throws in the towel AGAIN. HA! She is soooooo stupid.

Yay...more JM!

BBM ~~ The bolded statement is the only truth Jodi has told in weeks. I believe she provoked him all the time.

Now, did Travis take her bait and abuse her for the provocation? I really don't think so. There has been no proof of any domestic violence perpetrated by Travis upon Jodi.

Originally Posted by Sulamith
I live in a house that a (recent) murder took place in. We did not know it until we bought it. In my state, murder in a house does not need to be disclosed.

Interesting! Does it bother you? Was it a notorious case?

No, not a notorious case. I live in a small town, population around 1400, so it was a pretty big deal around here. I was told when we first moved here that I never needed to worry about our house being broken into because it was "haunted". LOL, lots of simple minded people around here. Never bothered me, but you should have seen the look on my husband's face when he found out! He was freaked out! I can tell you of a notorious case around here. Napoleon Beazley. There is a story for my small town!

What a waste. Most of you keep thinking Juan is going to pull a big "OMG" moment out from behind but....nope. I knew it. He's too fixated on semantics and getting Jodi tripped up when he's the one who ultimately loses his momentum.

Major disappointment!

Why does Flores get to sit at the States' table? Don't you have to be an accredited degree holding lawyer (paralegal) to sit up there? I mean, glad he's there. Wish he could take over though!

I've been wondering why he was there as well. At first I thought it was because JM was calling him to the stand so often but when he continued to sit there I began wondering myself.

Hee hee hee....Juan just put 15 lbs on Jodi! I love it!

According to this, ten. Knowing her she LIED so....

2dudsoo.jpg

We had a pull box so it started the whole buildings fire alarm. No call to 911 was made. When the firemen arrived, I learned it was the box in my house while my 2 year old jumped with glee. They were very understanding. :blushing:

Sorry, I didn't mean to "mischaracterize" your post. Lol! I knew what you meant about the fire alarm, I was just referencing 911 calls from the other part of the conversation. Most firefighters are pretty understanding, and most of them have kids, so they know these things happen. Our own son has called 911 by accident. Slightly embarrassing. :)

Re: the question about how many calls and texts she made to TA on 06/03/08 and her response of 9 calls and numerous texts....wasn't her phone dead during this time? I'd like to know how many minutes per call or if they all went to voicemail.

She has used the religion for many things. In trial she is using Travis' love and respect of the religion as a way of hurting him, making him look bad. Trying to embarrass or humiliate his family. What she didn't count on was the strength of his family and their knowledge of their brother in that he was a normal male that made mistakes in the church's eyes. What she didn't realize was their absolute resolve in making her pay and pay in full for the butchering of him.

Something that really stood out to me in today's testimony was when Juan asked Jodi if she wanted to follow by Mormon rules and she said, " I wanted it to APPEAR that way "..... Meaning, she really didn't, but wanted people to THINK that she did.

I also have solid built-in shelves in my closet and I do, on occasion, step on the lower shelf to reach an item on an upper shelf. I really do not understand why Mr. Martinez is talking so much about TA's shelves.

These are not solid built in shelves.

Because it shows she is lying. These are resting shelves meaning they rest on tiny pegs so if she puts her weight on the front edge like she said she did then the back part of the shelf would flip up dumping everything on the shelf out or at least disturbing it from its pristene condition.

The maximum weight for these shelves is 40 pounds and that is not 40 pounds on the edge but overall.

Major disappointment!

In Arizona the lead detective sits with the prosecution.

You say tomAYto, I say tomAHto.

I'm with Linda
Juan rocks! I haven't lost my faith in him! He knew she wasn't going to be forthcoming! He got what he could out of her! That's like trying. To pull a tooth from an elephant using string. Ughhhhhh
Just saying

I'm sure the jury has never seen anything like it! I can't wait until the trial is over and the jury gets interviewed! Their most defining moments! What made them convinced of her guilt! Etc etc
This trial will go down in the history! And used in many law schools!
I mean I've seen men break under pressure! Lol my boyfriend says if it was him he probably would have already started crying by he
What a whimp lol! No but REALY she's unbelievable.

Just remember, we still have the state's rebuttal case to go! I think we'll see JM with both guns blazing!!

Pictures of injury to neck in April . . . I was wearing makeup to conceal the fingermarks he left . . .
why didn't you document these injuries
something I wanted to forget not remember - law of attraction I think if I documented it or wrote it down it would make it stronger or more likely to happen . . I was ashamed and embarrassed - somehow my fault I illicited that from TA . . . somehow my fault. . . afraid it would be perceived that way . . . sometimes I do think I did things to provoke him

in that relationship with MM seeing Bianca and remember that question . . . if it is possible he perceived that . . . . do you know Alice Laviolette( sic?) she is a Social Worker - you told her you and MM were broken up at the time he started to see Bianca . . . not when he started but he was by the time we were broken up . . . .you didn't tell Laviolette . . . .

you went to Bishop . . . . you confess . . . you lied to him?
I did not confess I was the person responsible for Travis death
asked and answered

any more questions from the jury

all for today
tomorrow 10:30 am - excused for the evening -

It can't be said enough..thank you so much for all you do, for all of us here at WS! While I was stuck at the doctor today, I only had to search for your posts to know what was happening in the courtroom. :yourock::tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cashmeoutside