Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Travis attend college? When he returned from his 2 yr. mission stint, how did he support himself, assuming PPL came along later? He valued making a lot of money, according to his blog posts, but I doubt he valued education per se. His disparagement of Lisa's goal of being a teacher, says something about him. I'm not sure what, but likely related to the relatively low pay for the work involved.

Off-topic: I roast coffee.

Beans_zps4b37c356.jpg

Suffering from fognesia/brain damage today...took mine a while to realize we were talking about "bedsheets" in earlier posts. My brain thought we were talking about dryer sheets.

:seeya:

looking forward to getting started today,just have to hope that the judge doesn't allow any of samuels BS

i want juan to destroy him! hopefully after lunch.

hopefully we get 4 FULL days of trial this week

Odds of getting 4 FULL days of trial this week are about the same of hitting a mutli-state lottery jackpot.

Just a thought...

Since Travis and Jodi both worked for PPL, was there any Life Insurance policy on either one of them.

If so, who would be the beneficiaries?

Good question...

Since we don't know for sure, we can only speculate.

If JA was a beneficiary, forged or legitimate, again that would go to premeditation.

Since we haven't seen evidence indicating it, I'm guessing not.

Odds of getting 4 FULL days of trial this week are about the same of hitting a mutli-state lottery jackpot.

id take those odds over the odds of jodi having amnesia :floorlaugh:

What could possibly be the logic in any news people using Bozo as an expert when everyone and their mother knows he cheated and got a total luck out with the CA fiasco. Did they forget he was a freaking nobody to begin with? Did they forget that the jury was more interested in their future potential in writing tell alls ala OJ jury?

He usually goes on mute or is turned off. LOL about tonight, though. He'll be presenting Jodi's case about the murder to the jury tonight. I don't think he'll win this one. It just might be worth my breaking my ban on him just to see that.

It could be that he is trying to erase himself so as not to be contacted now that his name has been mentioned so often. I wouldn't want all this free publicity via Jodi Arias if I were him.

I know of someone who did the same thing because he didn't want certain people knowing anything about his life, didn't want to be located or found. It's not easy to do, but there are sites that help you remove traces of yourself from the internet.

But it takes money to get yourself scrubbed from the internet, and my guess is big money- or lawyers with folks in the know. That is the way I understood it, at least.

We aren't just talking about the internet either, our fellow websleuths investigator can't even get his drivers license or some of the info she would normally be able to get on a subject of a background check. At least that's the way I understood it.

Did Travis attend college? When he returned from his 2 yr. mission stint, how did he support himself, assuming PPL came along later? He valued making a lot of money, according to his blog posts, but I doubt he valued education per se. His disparagement of Lisa's goal of being a teacher, says something about him. I'm not sure what, but likely related to the relatively low pay for the work involved.

Unfortunately, many in the US have a warped sense of the teaching profession, and other great professions that don't really pay well. I don't believe people really feel that being a teacher is not a rewarding career choice. However, many kids grow up thinking that higher pay = more rewarding/successful career.

She is a high school drop-out.
That's not necessarily indicative of a sign of intelligence or lack thereof though (assuming that's the implication based on the quoted portion).

I went back a couple of years later for my HSED but I dropped out at 17 with a 3.9 GPA and taking mostly advanced placement classes, including 3 languages. I had a lot of family problems that made living at home impossible. So I quit school, moved out, and went to work full time to support myself. Common sense is another thing entirely, of course, and I much regret having dropped out and losing out on a likely scholarship and therefore college too. ;)

(Sorry for the off topic, folks, and not intended to defend Jodi - I just feel the need to point out people may not finish high school for many reasons apart from ability.)

Excellent link, SunnyinMO!

I'm catching up after 9 days out of town, and this is the best counter-argument for Dr. Samuels testimony I have read yet.

The last sentences summarize the situation well:

http://kristinarandle.com/blog/jodi-arias-trial-how-expert-was-dr-samuels-expert-testimony/

Great reference list at the end of the article, too.

Maybe Juan will allude to this.

I don't buy the amnesia, but I guess anything is possible. The reality for me is more that she is limiting what she says about the actual crime to avoid the dp, and really nothing more than that. She really went into it thinking there was no way to prove premeditation. I do honestly believe that she is the Lead Attny for her defense. Her lawyers get to play damage control, but I am not on board with them believing much either.

Kelly

But it takes money to get yourself scrubbed from the internet, and my guess is big money- or lawyers with folks in the know. That is the way I understood it, at least.

We aren't just talking about the internet either, our fellow websleuths investigator can't even get his drivers license or some of the info she would normally be able to get on a subject of a background check. At least that's the way I understood it.

Don't you have to have a birthdate and SSN to do a background check?

And why is this guy's DL info at all pertinent to this case?

I can't stand Vinnie. He sounds like a used car salesman.

Ya same here. I really liked him in the early years (when he spoke in a normal voice), but I can't stand him now that he has become as screamy as NG, JVM and others. I can barely watch any of the HLN shows. And Dr. Drew is just ridiculous ... he cuts everyone off and is very annoying.

The After Dark show is ridiculous .... I just don't get it and will never watch it again ... especially B*ZO :banghead:

and digging through the police wastebasket like a raccoon. :floorlaugh:.

I could not believe that---what was she looking for? Why would she grab that trash can and paw through it? It makes zero sense. At least I understand why she wanted her makeup--I think she thought she could sweet talk Flores and use her so called "charms" on him.

Exactly! I just tweeted them! Many are complaining on fb

I went to their site and told them that I wont' be watching the show again, because of Jose.(already dropped JVM) I also asked do they intentionally alienate viewers.

I still want closure on the digital images, as they are foundational evidence in the prosecution's case.

ProbCausePictures_zpsdf0e8449.jpg

ProbCauseJALied_zps276c1dc5.jpg

According to the probable cause statement, TA's camera was located in the washing machine when the search warrant was executed on June 10, 2008. The statement indicates that the Sony H9 had been run through a wash cycle with other items. It had, of course, sustained water damage. The memory card was described as being "intact", with several images stored thereon.

CameraWash_zpsf87deb35.jpg

On June 19, Detective Flores received "the images" stored on the card. The statement explains that some of these images had been deleted.

ProbCauseMemoryCard_zps2d858c9b.jpg

The statement does not include any mention whatsoever of the internal memory. Does LE not realize that this camera had an internal memory in addition to the removable memory card? Or were they not successful in examining the internal 31MB memory due to the damage?

It is not clear whether the attempt to retrieve the deleted images was 100% successful, or whether some images remain in an 'unrecovered' status.

Does LE have more images that they are unable to recover? Are there other images that LE has not seen?

Did JA copy all of these images before leaving Travis's butchered body wedged in that shower stall on June 4, 2008? If so, does she still possess them? Are they in Yreka? Do DB, or MM, or some other ex-BF, etc. possess copies of these images?

It was testified to early in the trial that there weren't any pictures on the internal memory.

How could HLN even FIND people to act as jurors in the presence of Bozo? THey must have paid them, or, perhaps the Pinellas group volunteered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lNana of8