trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #109

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got so fed up this afternoon that I stopped watching it and went out and worked in the yard. I detest yard work, so you know it was pretty bad. I won't watch it until Mr Martinez has his turn with this witness. So far she has said nothing that has anything to do with this case.
Me too! I am unable to watch during the day so I record it and am fast forwarding through defense direct when JM stars the cross, then I will watch.

Is JW done with her yet? All I know that blah blah blah couples, relationships, abuse, substance abuse, stalking is enough for one day.

It does not change the fact Jodi premidated his murder.

I read elsewhere this witness is scheduled for 4 days...it could be awhile!

In regards to Katie and her discussion of elephants for Travis............

elephant+in+the+room.jpg

Oh that is so true!

Her "Nervous Breakdown" was due to the BF not listening or agreeing with her version of things...

Didja catch her saying.. "He was blah blah blah twisting & turning what I was saying" Again CLASSIC BPD playing Victim when she's the manipulator & abuser!!

Also at end she says... I'm not a murderer.. HA!

You're worse than just a murderer you're a lying, manipulative, sadistic, sociopathic murderer Jodi!!!!!

Oh snap!

I love it! Now how am I to use it? Lol. Since the last thread I went in a fog (which first came out fig and I nearly left it) lol

Gah! I don't know!!! I was hoping you would know!!! I tried to figure out how to make it a little useful gif - no luck - but i had to post the link anyway because it had you written all over it... I'm sorry... !!! :) :waitasec: :)

so basically jodi calls having an argument with your boyfriend a "nervous breakdown"

ooo......kkkk

The way Lady LaViolette explains it; anyone who is in a love relationship has been abused. C'mon that's how relationships are. People in love engage in psychological warfare all the time; it's the battle of the sexes. They say & do shi$$y things to each other. And they also do amazing loving things for each other. Sometimes the person stops loving you, and vice versa. It hurts, sometime A LOT. People move on. No one is perfect, and even the most stable couples go thru patches. It's called LIFE.

IF they're beating you and the kids to a bloody pulp, well that's another thing. BUT that is not what happened between Jodi and Travis.

:seeya:
I feel subliminal message to quit smoking...

Not only have I see posts today, now a Chantix commercial on HLN, dental hygenist told me other day Dr would write me a script & a friend said she was going to pray I'd be released from the chains of smoking...

Wow! Maybe cowinky dink but lot of hints headed my way!

One thing that I think contributed to my unexpected success at quitting was change of mindset

I decided I didn't want to be a smoker.

Not "I want to quit smoking"

It may have made a difference to internalize it that way. I did not want to be defined as or referrdf to as "a smoker"

threw out the pack, never wanted one (for any ,ore than 5 seconds) after that. 10+ years

good luck, it's so worth it

I really believe AVL's testimony is the final in the coffin for Jodi and her number is up. moo

Did KatieCool mention how responsive the jury was today?

I heard Beth K just say there were no questions put in the jar by the jurors today. To tell you the truth, I think they're confused about whether she thinks ja was the victim or the abuser. I know I am:facepalm:

As a heterosexual woman I think the African American DV spokeslady on NG is beautiful!!

Not sure why I needed to share that, but there it is!

OMG. JC on NG saying "ALV doesn't cast blame on anyone ... just there to explain ...

What a joke .... JC's head is somewhere in a "very dark hole" right now !!

Nancy Grace asked the same thing. Most of what ALV was going on about today was irrelevant and not admissable and she can't understand why JM was letting it all go.

Maybe he dozed off at some point? :floorlaugh:

I don't think JM dozed off at all. I think he was pleased as punch about every instance ALV brought up because he KNOWS he can bring them up in cross as a hypothetical and reverse the genders. IANAL, but I also think the DT opened a few doors regarding stalking and cyberstalking, etc. that JM may also be able to use for ammo on cross.

Again, no hate for ALV. I rather think she was a gift to the state's case and it may not have been an accident.

JMO

:seeya:

One thing that I think contributed to my unexpected success at quitting was change of mindset

I decided I didn't want to be a smoker.

Not "I want to quit smoking"

It may have made a difference to internalize it that way. I did not want to be defined as or referrdf to as "a smoker"

threw out the pack, never wanted one (for any ,ore than 5 seconds) after that. 10+ years

good luck, it's so worth it

I want to quit. Can't take Chantix. Tried the ecigs... *sigh*

link is broken ?

What do you mean? What did I miss?

on hln it showed some more of the tape of her interrogation with detective Flores and she says she had a nervous breakdown,and i think it was daryl she was having an argument with and she didn't like how he was responding so she went to her room and hyperventilated and that is what she calls a nervous breakdown???

Nancy Grace asked the same thing. Most of what ALV was going on about today was irrelevant and not admissable and she can't understand why JM was letting it all go.

Maybe he dozed off at some point? :floorlaugh:

or a plan :)

So much confusion.

I'm still not getting how her assessments are measured to be valid. Maybe Wilmott will read this and ask her tomorrow...but it doesn't seem like she utilizes any evidence based practice. She seems to focus on the abuse to the point of morbidity...but how does she use that in treatment? Why does she define people by either being victim or abuser? There are MANY aspects to a person. And she is all over the place in defining abuse, to the point of making the word meaningless. Is she audited by an outside company as many therapists in private practice are, to ensure their effectiveness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX