trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #109

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I love that one! I was struck with how dangerous the high seas are--there are a whole 'nuther breed of criminals who exist on tropical islands!

I'm a true crime book fiend--although it's pretty hard to find any well written ones anymore. Remember the good old days of Fatal Vision & books that were 350+ pages? At least it's fun to reread the good ones like Helter Skelter!

You should check out a documentary that visits all the places in CA where Charlie & family hung out. It's from a guy that does murder tours in LA--I'll have to find out what the name is--it's very eerie!

When I first moved to SLC I was reading The Stranger Beside Me. Bundy lived in SLC at one point and I realized it was in my neighborhood, (the address was in the book)
I put the baby in the stroller, leashed the dog and went to check it out. It's a house converted to apts.

Years later I was giving a co-worker a ride home, we pulled up and I announced "Oh you live in Ted Bundy's old place!".

He moved two weeks later, never forgave me for telling him. Ignorance was bliss!

I'm having difficulty understanding JM's strategy with letting this go on for so long.

Granted, ALV is still talking generally or hypothetically and not specific to this trial, but some seeds have been planted. If a juror was sitting on the fence waiting for this testimony, this could present a problem.

Not sure how the jury is responding, but ALV seems to have stopped making eye contact with the jury, so perhaps they are no longer looking at her???

My kid just got up and asked me if he could have a snack before going back to bed.

I said, 'Approach.'

Oh, I love that one! I was struck with how dangerous the high seas are--there are a whole 'nuther breed of criminals who exist on tropical islands!

I'm a true crime book fiend--although it's pretty hard to find any well written ones anymore. Remember the good old days of Fatal Vision & books that were 350+ pages? At least it's fun to reread the good ones like Helter Skelter!

You should check out a documentary that visits all the places in CA where Charlie & family hung out. It's from a guy that does murder tours in LA--I'll have to find out what the name is--it's very eerie![/QUOTE]

BBM Is the guy Scott Michaels from Findadeath? I am a member of the forum and he has a docu. about Manson and lots of discussion in the forum about the Manson case. http://www.findadeath.com/

$20,000+ for basically gobbledegook from biased,'experts'
I know everyone's entitled to a fair trial, but wow..

woohoo.. I made a bet with an Attorney friend of mine, possible defense cost to date. My guess was $905, 050.00 (i was being funny with the 5's) but serious about the estimate.. His estimate was $425,000.00

OK no way? Way underestimate

So I win.. TV Legal analysis estimate Defense cost to date $875,000.00 something like that.

(It was not the hardest thing to figure out once Mr Nurmi's hourly rate was known, the day he started working for her, the experts and what they make x 4 years and an estimated amount of hours they are working)

It will go over a million for sure.

Yeah, because she went to her room and "hyperventilated."

Histrionic, much?

LOL

someone needs to send her a dictionary to find out what all these words mean,thats not what a nervous breakdown to me is.

our deputy head teacher in high school had one and it wasn't pretty

You should check out a documentary that visits all the places in CA where Charlie & family hung out. It's from a guy that does murder tours in LA--I'll have to find out what the name is--it's very eerie!

Bugliosi is my favorite, too! He made me want to be a prosecutor in high school! Very passionate - just like Juan! :blushing:

In regards to Katie and her discussion of elephants for Travis............

elephant+in+the+room.jpg

woohoo.. I made a bet with an Attorney friend of mine, possible defense cost to date. My guess was $905, 050.00 (i was being funny with the 5's) but serious about the estimate.. His estimate was $425,000.00

OK no way? Way underestimate

So I win.. TV Legal analysis estimate Defense cost to date $875,000.00 something like that.

(It was not the hardest thing to figure out once Mr Nurmi's hourly rate was known, the day he started working for her, the experts and what they make x 4 years and an estimated amount of hours they are working)

It will go over a million for sure.

where have you been? i didn't see you around today. missed your posts!

Oh! I watched that not long ago! It was weird and wonderful. Even as they filmed the Cielo Drive house being razed. And the marks left on the Spahn ranch walls where there once was the cupboard that Charlie hid in before he was arrested!

I'm having difficulty understanding JM's strategy with letting this go on for so long.

Granted, ALV is still talking generally or hypothetically and not specific to this trial, but some seeds have been planted. If a juror was sitting on the fence waiting for this testimony, this could present a problem.

Not sure how the jury is responding, but ALV seems to have stopped making eye contact with the jury, so perhaps they are no longer looking at her???

Nancy Grace asked the same thing. Most of what ALV was going on about today was irrelevant and not admissable and she can't understand why JM was letting it all go.

Maybe he dozed off at some point? :floorlaugh:

BEESHIE, I was answering you but the thread closed.

Remember JM asking jodi if she told ALV that TA was looking at *advertiser censored* on his computer? That was in her report. I have no idea how much time she spent with JA, but I'm sure she did interview her. That's why I think we'll get to it eventually.

Ah, I forgot about that. Maybe this is why they haven't mentioned the report yet. Maybe they don't want to open that door. I'll be waiting to see if it comes in. Thanks!

ha i love NG

"this is a murder trial,not a teaaaa party"

The Court has received and reviewed Defendant’s Motion for Protective Order. IT IS ORDERED setting oral argument on Defendant’s motion for March 27 , 2013 at 9:00 a.m.
before the Honorable Joseph C. Welty.
cc:
Shana Druckerman via email
Beth Karas via email
Paul Matadeen via email
This case is eFiling eligible: http://www.clerkofcourt.maricopa.gov/efiling/default.asp.
Attorneys are encouraged to review Supreme Court Administrative Order 2011
-
140 to determine
their mandatory participation in eFiling through AZTurboCour

You should check out a documentary that visits all the places in CA where Charlie & family hung out. It's from a guy that does murder tours in LA--I'll have to find out what the name is--it's very eerie![/QUOTE]

BBM Is the guy Scott Michaels from Findadeath? I am a member of the forum and he has a docu. about Manson and lots of discussion in the forum about the Manson case. http://www.findadeath.com/

Yessss! That's him! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member