trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #109

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to the Support Travis Alexander's family FB page for explaining what is up with the protective order to me. That info is probably located here as well but I have avoided posting much about today because I am so angry I don't need to risk time out.

https://www.facebook.com/SupportTravisAlexandarsFamily

I feel subliminal message to quit smoking...

Not only have I see posts today, now a Chantix commercial on HLN, dental hygenist told me other day Dr would write me a script & a friend said she was going to pray I'd be released from the chains of smoking...

Wow! Maybe cowinky dink but lot of hints headed my way!

May the Force be with you. No sugar-coating it --- it's hard and it hurts. But if you can make it to the other side I promise that you will find Joy. Joy in not being a slave to this addiction. I feel liberated.

woohoo.. I made a bet with an Attorney friend of mine, possible defense cost to date. My guess was $905, 050.00 (i was being funny with the 5's) but serious about the estimate.. His estimate was $425,000.00

OK no way? Way underestimate

So I win.. TV Legal analysis estimate Defense cost to date $875,000.00 something like that.

(It was not the hardest thing to figure out once Mr Nurmi's hourly rate was known, the day he started working for her, the experts and what they make x 4 years and an estimated amount of hours they are working)

It will go over a million for sure.

What did you win?

The Court has received and reviewed Defendant’s Motion for Protective Order. IT IS ORDERED setting oral argument on Defendant’s motion for March 27 , 2013 at 9:00 a.m.
before the Honorable Joseph C. Welty.
cc:
Shana Druckerman via email
Beth Karas via email
Paul Matadeen via email
This case is eFiling eligible: http://www.clerkofcourt.maricopa.gov/efiling/default.asp.
Attorneys are encouraged to review Supreme Court Administrative Order 2011
-
140 to determine
their mandatory participation in eFiling through AZTurboCour

Will this be televised?

Gah! I don't know!!! I was hoping you would know!!! I tried to figure out how to make it a little useful gif - no luck - but i had to post the link anyway because it had you written all over it... I'm sorry... !!! :) :waitasec: :)

Oh I will find a use, believe me ;)

gitana! You are here, yay. Have you caught this expert today? Thoughts on why this is even being allowed?? The 'hypothetical abusive childhood boy grows up to abusive man testiphony I mean.

smoking is the only thing thats saving me from smashing something listening to the defense. :facepalm:

I quit a month ago. I feel like the character in the movie Airplane..I picked a bad time to quit smoking.

I don't think JM dozed off at all. I think he was pleased as punch about every instance ALV brought up because he KNOWS he can bring them up in cross as a hypothetical and reverse the genders. IANAL, but I also think the DT opened a few doors regarding stalking and cyberstalking, etc. that JM may also be able to use for ammo on cross.

Again, no hate for ALV. I rather think she was a gift to the state's case and it may not have been an accident.

JMO

My thoughts exactly!

:seeya:

One thing that I think contributed to my unexpected success at quitting was change of mindset

I decided I didn't want to be a smoker.

Not "I want to quit smoking"

It may have made a difference to internalize it that way. I did not want to be defined as or referrdf to as "a smoker"

threw out the pack, never wanted one (for any ,ore than 5 seconds) after that. 10+ years

good luck, it's so worth it

There is a great book called Allan Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking. It is based on that premise, many, many people have stopped smoking after reading this book.

link is broken ?

on hln it showed some more of the tape of her interrogation with detective Flores and she says she had a nervous breakdown,and i think it was daryl she was having an argument with and she didn't like how he was responding so she went to her room and hyperventilated and that is what she calls a nervous breakdown???

hmm works for me when I click it :waitasec:
http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/WLLQRYNA$LCEV2.QueryView?P_LICENSE_NUMBER=16213&P_LTE_ID=724

I'm way behind on this woman's testimony, but I can already tell that, though she comes across as credible, I don't like her and I don't trust her. For one thing, she's using this sneaky back door technique in which she elaborates and continually brings up examples of other cases, as if to suggest and subtly imply that they apply to Travis and Jodi's relationship, whether they do or not. Imo, she knows exactly what she's doing, and is purposely planting these ideas in the minds of the jurors. I personally think she's a snake in the grass, and is dangerous. I hope I'm wrong. jmo

I think most people believe that evil does exist..and most also believe they are able to recognize an evil (psychopathic) person when they see them. The reason some believe this was self defense is because they expect psycho killers to look like Manson, Henry Lee Lucas or Joel Rifkin...and, in the off-chance the evil person is female, to look like Aileen Wuornos.

Many just don't know what to look for.

They just can't imagine a slight, soft-spoken, calm young woman could possibly be a psycho killer (I know that's a lame term, but I kinda liked the cover of that paper or magazine shared by a fellow WS'r with the headline 'Psycho Killer' below 'it's' picture). They aren't paying attention to WHAT she says/does they are only focusing on HOW she appears/sounds).

They don't understand what they are looking at...and what they are looking at is pure evil.

My thoughts exactly!

So maybe JM will ask her about hypothetical abusive personalities who stalk those trying to get away from said abusive personalities?

:please:

woohoo.. I made a bet with an Attorney friend of mine, possible defense cost to date. My guess was $905, 050.00 (i was being funny with the 5's) but serious about the estimate.. His estimate was $425,000.00

OK no way? Way underestimate

So I win.. TV Legal analysis estimate Defense cost to date $875,000.00 something like that.

(It was not the hardest thing to figure out once Mr Nurmi's hourly rate was known, the day he started working for her, the experts and what they make x 4 years and an estimated amount of hours they are working)

It will go over a million for sure.

If I were a taxpayer In the fine state of Arizona I would be calling my state representatives Every single day of this trial. This BS can only be stopped by taxpayers saying no.

The Court has received and reviewed Defendant’s Motion for Protective Order. IT IS ORDERED setting oral argument on Defendant’s motion for March 27 , 2013 at 9:00 a.m.
before the Honorable Joseph C. Welty.
cc:
Shana Druckerman via email
Beth Karas via email
Paul Matadeen via email
This case is eFiling eligible: http://www.clerkofcourt.maricopa.gov/efiling/default.asp.
Attorneys are encouraged to review Supreme Court Administrative Order 2011
-
140 to determine
their mandatory participation in eFiling through AZTurboCour

I guess that is why Beth hasn't been in the court room last few days.

She is preparing for this Protective order???? of all people Beth.. *shakes head*

Goodnite folks!
I've had enough for one day from this DT!:facepalm: Maybe/Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. nitenite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smoore9861