trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #110

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellow WSers, if you want to discuss if JA is getting enough food you should do it til the cows come home which seems to be the case.

Just think of this for a moment - she majored in manipulation - and seems this talent of hers has even extended to this forum.

I have been within 10 feet of her in the courtroom and she is not even close to anorexic. IMHO, she's just playing everyone - and I mean everyone.

Well we have to have something to complain about before court starts...if it starts...today. :seeya:

I see now we're on a peanut butter tangent. I don't like peanut butter! But as JM would say "Did I ask you if you liked peanut butter?"

I think we're all going a bit stir crazy!

Mel

When I lived in NYC & PA we said "you guys"--and there were variants on this like "youse guys" or "what are youse doin'?"

Now it's only "y'all"

Same here-I was born in NYS, and where I grew up we had "cricks" full of water-hadn' t heard creek pronounced that way til we moved to Texas.
I had a few quick vocabulary lessons from a native when we moved here-tanks and ice houses and fixin' and yonder to name a few...Y'all know what I mean.:seeya:

Just giving her food without authorization would immediately have people talking about conspiracy theories of what she is putting in the food or who is 'slipping' her stuff, that is why it all has to be approved by the judge and jail. If she is not eating I agree they should force her with tubes to not allow her to further manipulate by losing weight.

She probably loves going on the computer and reading all the forums about herself

I don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but it looks like Juan's cross is going to be AMAZING....

http://www./show/n_1rjf5h9
:what:
:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

O
hoover-dam-directions.jpg

Hahaha....we are losing our everlovin' minds.

Speaking of losing MY mind, I remember hearing that court was ????? today?
I think it's a short day? I am lost peeps. What time is court scheduled today that is "iffin" Jodi "FEELS" up to it and all :rolleyes:

Potato chips in peanut butter? A pickle and ketchup tortilla?
Folks, I'm only going to say this one time. Some things are just downright unAmerican and I don't want to see any gloating about them on this board.:floorlaugh:

She gets what appears to be a small round loaf of fresh baked multi-grained bread. Similar to the kind you get when you get served bread in a restaurant that serves 4. Or similar to a bread bowl you put soup in. Too much bread for breakfast, that is for sure. She also can order from the commissary, things such as candy bars, crackers, chips, dips, powerbars, etc. It is not as if she can't get enough to eat or a variety of additional food. Their allotment per week is $40.00 so she could buy enough snacks to last her a week with that amount and still have enough left over to buy some personal items. jmo

Yes, I think she has plenty of opportunities. She just isn't taking them. It is what it is, she just has to live with her choices. IMHO

Kelly

Amazing! Snipped from article:

Remember that during the pre-trial hearing on August 8, 2011, LaVoilette exposed yet another Arias lie by stating that Jodi told her Travis masturbating to pictures of young boys on his laptop - directly contradicted Jodi's previous story of seeing them on his bed. This sent Martinez into a frenzy where he immediately requested to see ALL of LaVoilette's documents & notes, which would likely expose yet more lies to therapists/psychologists who evaluated her.

So JA went from saying TA was on his laptop, and then it turned into pictures on the bed where 1 magically flew in front of her.

No wonder JM is being so quiet at the moment ;)

MOO

Mel

I'm guessing the jurors will treat that "testimony" accordingly. :flush:

again, I even went as far as to pull it up. It is something I NEVER would have noticed I said until it was pointed out that I said it. Then I thought they were crazy and denied I had said that. Now I notice it ever time. No one else does, though. And I am not heavy on the southern accent either.

http://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/index.pperl?date=20001120

November 20, 2000

might could (double modal)

David Rubin wrote:

In this neck of the woods, one not infrequently encounters the following construction:

A: Can you help me clean the gutters?
B: I might could help you out.
I've encountered two opinions on this "double subjunctive" (might could). The first says that it's just plain illiterate and incorrect. The second says that it's a survival in the American South of a usage that was once much more widely spread. Do you think y'all might could cast some more light on the subject? [David is writing from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.]

Well, for starters, might could isn't a double subjunctive; it's a double modal. Modals belong to a category of auxiliary verbs that includes would, ought, must, should, and have to. The subjunctive is a mode (a.k.a. "mood") of a verb, that uses the bare infinitive in many verbs in the present tenses (If he be great, let him do something to prove it), but has only one form, were, in past and conditional constructions (Would that Caesar were great!/If only Caesar were great!). The other modes are the familiar indicative (Caesar is great), and the imperative (Be great, Ceasar!/Let Caesar be great!). The vocative is also usually classed as a mode (O Caesar!). Modals took over the larger role that the subjunctive used to play, so that may be what's confusing you (or your source).

Anyhow.

The use of the double modal is definitely not "illiterate," but rather typical of regional dialect. It just happens to be largely, if not exclusively, confined to spoken language or reported speech, which says more about the intolerance of dialectal forms in "standard" written English than it does about the education level of the speaker. It's generally true that more educated Southerners tend to avoid this construction, but that's due to a prejudice of perception, not to any inherent inferiority of the use.

In fact, I doubt whether the most common double modals, "might need to" and "might've used to," would clang in most English speakers' ears. However, this dialectal use is indeed mostly concentrated in the South and South Midland, according to the Dictionary of American Regional English, which also gives the following complete list of actually occurring forms, which I think is surprisingly varied:

I sometimes am guilty of saying "used to could" do something. I don't know where this comes from, but it comes so easily to my tongue.

Same here-I was born in NYS, and where I grew up we had "cricks" full of water-hadn' t heard creek pronounced that way til we moved to Texas.
I had a few quick vocabulary lessons from a native when we moved here-tanks and ice houses and fixin' and yonder to name a few...Y'all know what I mean.:seeya:

Oh yes--"cricks!" I used to get teased as a child when we'd visit my grandparents in TX (we lived in NY) & I could never understand them! Once my cousin kept insisting she had a "whale" in her back yard & I was so angry & telling her she was lying. Yeah--turns out it was a 'well!' And there were tanks on the farm for the cows. Just don't let anyone take you sniper hunting.

No, it's not just you. I think it's creepy, too. Dr. Drew has talked about it a few times on his show. He says Jodi is "mirroring" Willmott and has probably been doing this her whole life with various people. If I have to hear Jean C say that the two of them have "really bonded" one more time, I will rip my hair out. I don't give a flip who she's bonded with; this trial isn't about that, it's about justice for Travis.

jc is too dramatic and touchy feel imo. her descriptions are syrup sweet. but i adore beth k. jmo

Potato chips in peanut butter? A pickle and ketchup tortilla?
Folks, I'm only going to say this one time. Some things are just downright unAmerican and I don't want to see any gloating about them on this board.:floorlaugh:

Schuby is right. PB sammich with CHEETOS for crunch. That's American!

However, I once tried crunchy. I felt like I was eating pop-rocks and we all know that there is only one reason to have THOSE one hand ...

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Day before last I ate a lollipop. Not a Tootsie Pop, but a pop nonetheless....not once did I ever get the urge to put it um..... somewhere else :floorlaugh:

Speaking of losing MY mind, I remember hearing that court was ????? today?
I think it's a short day? I am lost peeps. What time is court scheduled today that is "iffin" Jodi "FEELS" up to it and all :rolleyes:
IIRC, today is a short day and starts at the usual time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname