trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know if you were privy to the video played last eve? The one where Juan is stopped by some fans for a photo and he did sign a womans cane. Juan appeared surprised and also appeared he was being polite. It was played out in the media as Juan the Rockstar. JC made comment that she hoped none of the Jurors saw any of this. Therefore JC was called to the stand. Stated she didn't see the actual event just the tape and commented on such. Katey W. from Dr. Drew Jurors was also on the stand but i missed that part. End of day Jurors were to meet with Judge in Chambers to clarify they had not witnessed the photo or autograph moment.

What was not said is what would happen if any of them did, right?

Corey Rangel ‏@CoreyABC15 4m
JUST IN: Updated numbers show #JodiArias defense has cost taxpayers $1.4 MILLION...includes 15,582 hours billed.
I guessed 1.5 earlier today.
just d@mn

You know who's been extremely quiet throughout this trial? Deanna Reid.

She's been mentioned several times during the trial, but not once has she spoken publicly that I know of.

Do you think she's on Juan's rebuttal list?

Someone posted that a friend of Chris' told him not to worry that everything will be taken care of during rebuttal. If he is on the witness list he is not suppose to know what is going on, nor should he be talking to friends. Not sure when the comment was made but if it was recent I don't think he is suppose to comment to anyone about the case. jmo

It could be that a friend of his would already know the context of the email, and therefore be able to assume it will all get cleared up by JM. It doesn't necessarily mean they discussed it recently.

It is my understanding the defense called them, not them calling the defense.

Not true, the DT sent them the 10 letters that were to prove TA (now said they were forged) was a pedophile and she responded in email "we knew he (TA) had issues but we did not know about this. Thank you for making us aware. What age child was he interested in......etc"
Watch trial day 10 part 3for the info

THIS JUST IN: Corey Rangel, abc15 news in Phoenix.
Costs of defense are in.
1.4 million to taxpayers. Over 15,000 hours billed.
You can go to abc15.com
Or...go to the court observer thread and there is a link.
Are you as disgusted as I am that this woman slaughtered Travis and Arizona has spent YOUR money for her defense?

If I had a dollar every time I swore I'd never follow another trial again....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL Heck we would have enough dollahs to attend each Trial :floorlaugh: Gosh i keep typing Trail and have to retype Trial. Freudian????

Which part of Day 10 is he in? I would like to go back and watch his testimony. TIA.

I watched
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4bTzT-c0DI"]Jodi Arias Murder Trial day 10. Part 3 - YouTube[/ame]
Day 10, part 3

Corey Rangel ‏@CoreyABC15 4m
JUST IN: Updated numbers show #JodiArias defense has cost taxpayers $1.4 MILLION...includes 15,582 hours billed.

Does the State spend this much defending every murderer or is there something special about Jodi Arias? Her DT seems to have an open checkbook
and does not want to reveal what they are spending...

One can only begin to imagine the "under-reporting" of DV from males. "She keeps calling me and won't stop even when I repeatedly ask her not to...", "She shows up at my house uninvited", "I couldn't get her to leave.", "She punched me.", "She stole money out of my wallet", "She threatened to report that I did something to her that I didn't do"...."She threatened to kill me"...

I'd imagine that a very high percentage (close to 100%) of men who are being abused, do not report.

What realistic recourse did TA have?

Lol

One of the bonuses to being an atheist, we don't sweat the small stuff, just focus on being the best human being I can be:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Word. I do believe in something bigger than me, but that something is pretty damn cool.

Thanks! And thanks to all the others that found what I was looking for! I never did watch the first day of trial on YT because they all said they were the opening statements, so I thought that's all there was for that day and didn't want to listen to the opening statements.

I've been noticing the names like croakerqueen and in tawndilly so I'm always looking for those two. There's also another one - a guy's name that I can't remember - that I like because he cuts out all the sidebar and other nonsense.

David Lohr. He's a reporter and was instrumental in getting the Riverside court to clear Travis' name from that prior 'conviction' the DT was trying to make a big deal about.

Good evening. I can't speak for others, but today's antics by the defense have literally made me feel sick. I rarely get headaches but have a mild one now due to stress over what happened in the courtroom today.

It was my understanding that ALV was not allowed to discuss Travis' behaviors because he is deceased and could not be interviewed, nor did this expert witness ever know him. I am not aware that she ever met or talked with the Hughes, and it disgusts me no end that she presumes to interpret what they said in an email and what was meant by it. I hope that the Hughes will testify during the rebuttal and clarify the email in its entirety. I feel certain that what ALV offered was taken out of context, and what the jury heard was in her words and not what was actually said.

Sleep well. I'm going to take Advil PM so that I don't toss & turn all night long thinking about this case.

Not true, the DT sent them the 10 letters that were to prove TA (now said they were forged) was a pedophile and she responded in email "we knew he (TA) had issues but we did not know about this. Thank you for making us aware. What age child was he interested in......etc"
Watch trial day 10 part 3for the info

It is okay that the defense knowingly LIED to this woman? Their investigator talked to her, not just sent letters. That is why Chris Hughes was so livid and called Kn a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gentlegirl