trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now JA is at the part where the masked ninjas attacked Travis...what an imagination.

How Det. Flores can sit there without laughing is commendable.

:silly:

IMHO Skye and Chris Hughes should not have been communicating with the defense EVER! Their communication should have gone thru the State, they should have NEVER divulged anything to the DT. The DT has JAs interest at heart and that should be crystal clear. All of TAs friends need to stay away from talking to media, handing over taped things, speaking about JA......let JM do his job. You do not see the family ding interviews all over the place, take a hint. I know they loved TA and they SO want to help but the best thing to do is to stay out of it unless the State who has TAs interest at heart needs you. And how the heck can JA dictate who can and who cannot be at a hearing or the trial......what a crock!

It is my understanding the defense called them, not them calling the defense.

Ashley Thompson? Detective Flores interviewed her after she phoned in an anonymous tip saying they should look at her then-husband, Dustin Thompson, who she was in the process of divorcing.

She said she was a close friend of Travis', they had known each other about three years, but were friends and nothing else. It's in Detective Flores' report, page 12 and page 17.

On page 17, "She and Travis were very close and she had even asked Travis about moving in with him as a roommate after her separation from her husband, Dustin. Both she and Travis agreed it was not a good idea she move in, because of the way it might look. They were just good friends and they didn't want people to think something inappropriate was going on. After Travis was found she thought about how strange Dustin had been acting. It was during the few weeks leading up to Travis' death that she had moved out to her own apartment and they were both dealing with the possible foreclosure of their house. Since the day she made the anonymous call, her suspicions of Dustin have gone away....See detective Kaufman's supplemental report for the full details of the interview with Ashley."

She is talking about Travis' good friend that was married at the time and confided in Travis a lot. She reached out to Travis in early July I believe only to find out he had been murdered.

He isn't talking about the case. He brought the donation issue for the family on the Justice for Travis FB page and said NOTHING about the case.

Someone posted that a friend of Chris' told him not to worry that everything will be taken care of during rebuttal. If he is on the witness list he is not suppose to know what is going on, nor should he be talking to friends. Not sure when the comment was made but if it was recent I don't think he is suppose to comment to anyone about the case. jmo

Last night JC said on one of the HLN shows that JM left through the front door of the court and a bunch of people wanted pictures with him and his autograph. She said she was AFRAID A JUROR MIGHT SEE IT! KN spazzed out and thought JC said she actually saw a juror see it.

So they called JC to the stand. She was already in the courtroom and she explained that she was afraid a juror MIGHT see it and that she didn't actually see a juror when this was happening. KN is just trying to get JM's goat. According to KCL this was the only time JM has left by the front door.

Does anyone else think KN REEKS of desperation?

Are friends of travis, offering the family lodging or are they. Having to rent hotels?
I wonder if members of travis church are offering to lodge any family. I know this. Has been such a burden on. The families.
They have had to. Put their lives in hold to attend this trial.
Justice for the dear family.

I know some things are in the works but katiecoolady knows more about whats going on there. Lots of discussion on the court watchers thread.

By the way my prayers are with you and your grandaughters, I help raise 2 grandsons, I know how precious they are. :hugs:

I thought she said some nebulous nonsense about "trust issues," but never really explained what that meant.

She explained that one day while Travis was sleeping she sneaked a peek into his phone and discovered his text and emails with other women, confirming her suspicion she could not trust him. And then, when he discovered what she'd done, he knew he couldn't trust HER. Thus, 'mutual' trust issues according to her.

But imo he'd already decided she wasn't marriage material, he'd already told friends that. He vowed to date only potential marriage partners from then on, which is the real reason JA knew they'd never be together. MOO

Someone posted that a friend of Chris' told him not to worry that everything will be taken care of during rebuttal. If he is on the witness list he is not suppose to know what is going on, nor should he be talking to friends. Not sure when the comment was made but if it was recent I don't think he is suppose to comment to anyone about the case. jmo

That's what I was referring to. What do our resident lawyers think of this?

Chris and Sky Highes will be part of the rebuttal case. Dont even worry about that email. They cannot talk right now. Just wait.....

I am getting so impatient and frustrated with the sleazy tactics of the DT. I just can't wait for the rebuttal. I want the smirk wiped of JA face. More importantly justices for TA and closure for his family. Boy they are so united and strong. It is amazing.

Isn't that the reason she gave for breaking up with him?

(Not that I believe SHE broke up with HIM or anything else she says.)

From everything I've been led to understand from JA and her DT themselves is that Travis would never commit to an "official" relationship because the church encouraged them to date around but not to spend too much time with one person unless that is the person you intend to marry. It's like they were encouraged to be "players" who dated around as long as there was no sex involved.

I do not believe Travis ever considered his time with JA as "official". Official to him would have meant an exclusive relationship with the person he intended, or saw real promise in, to marry. It was JA that was pushing for the "official" title and I just don't think he was ever willing to give that to her. In his mind, she was a non Mormon girl who he was having sex with. Not that it was considered okay behaviour in his faith, but he was doing it. And JA must have truly believed from the beginning that she could win him over and make him marry her, hence her conversion to Mormonism. Even if she had to go about by being his "dirty little secret".

IMO...she was completely fine with that and considered herself his "special girl". I also think she moved back to CA to try to make Travis come after her, which apparently he didn't. And she was perfectly fine with her role in his life until Travis didn't try to get her back from CA and dated other women, whom he was considering for marriage. Then came his blog, which had to be a real eye opener for JA. And when she started turning on the heat in a big way. She was doing something to undermine him just prior to all this as evidenced in those texts. His final dismissal of her in that text exchange was the final straw IMO.

MOO

have just rewatched Chris Hughes from Day 10.....love how tough he is, love how he says to Nurmi numerous time "what are you saying"...and love how he calls out the bs....what a tough, strong, admirable class act...my heart breaks for the Hughes' and how they are being eploited and messed with by JA and the DT

Which part of Day 10 is he in? I would like to go back and watch his testimony. TIA.

Oh, ok, gotcha. I thought I read today here that he someone talked to him and he said "don't worry, this will beco e clear on cross" referring g to the email mentioned in today's testimony. Thanks!

Sorry, I didn't see that part. Hope he isnt blowing it.

I'm wondering since Jodi has confessed to disobeying the Book of Mormon would she be thrown out of the church?

I would imagine both we're at least chastised re: the sex. Then again, my knowledge of Mormonism is zilch.

My problem with ALV is while she's seems very knowledgeable about DV and those involved in those relationships, she seems a little dated on sexual norms today. When TA called JA a *advertiser censored* star it actually was a complement (although many won't want to admit it) in the context it was used. JA even talked about how money they would make if they did a *advertiser censored*.

Not every communication or action can or should be measured in her DV continuum.

Like Freud said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I think JM can shoot her down very quickly by pointing out that she's basing her opinions on Jodi's stories. Since Jodi is a pathological liar her conclusions are completely bogus.

I'm wondering since Jodi has confessed to disobeying the Book of Mormon would she be thrown out of the church?

IMO any church is for sinners...isn't everyone a sinner? And who needs help and gods love more than sinners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the heck was this about?

Dont know if you were privy to the video played last eve? The one where Juan is stopped by some fans for a photo and he did sign a womans cane. Juan appeared surprised and also appeared he was being polite. It was played out in the media as Juan the Rockstar. JC made comment that she hoped none of the Jurors saw any of this. Therefore JC was called to the stand. Stated she didn't see the actual event just the tape and commented on such. Katey W. from Dr. Drew Jurors was also on the stand but i missed that part. End of day Jurors were to meet with Judge in Chambers to clarify they had not witnessed the photo or autograph moment.

ETA-not sure about Katey W. being on the stand. I do know she was dragged into this in some fashion???

Man, that was a rough trial. I was so worried when that jury was out for so long. You are so right though. My heart ached for the Van Dammes. They were abused and humiliated beyond belief.

It was horrible, I joined my first message board, San Diego Tribune, it was not moderated, a women on there put up a billboard claiming DW was innocent, a women sent him pictures of her children for his cell. It was crazyyyy.

I just couldn't believe Attorney's were allowed to do the stuff they did.

DW's brother think his name was John and niece were on that board.

I prayed and prayed about that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member